Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I"ve returned and like what i see

I played SWG from beta until Publish 10 (I think it was the one that brought in the new Jedee system). I quit back then basically because I wanted to be a Jedi and didn't feel like working at a second job to get it. Also, the game was just too hard.

I started playing again after the combat upgrade and liked it a lot better than what I'd played before, the interface was simpler, and I liked how jedee players were getting taken down. It was still too hard for me, I didn't like having to go buy stuff all the time from greedy crafters.

I didn't try again until recently, and this is the game I wish I'd seen back in 2003, I'd have never quit. Choosing a profession es easy, none of this stupid skill stuff i never did fugure out.  I fianally am a Jedee, level 26 and i dont have to deal with the greedy crafters (they finally got theirs too).  i can play and play and don't need anyone.

I love this game and yes, I think it's growing and gonna beat wow.  I quit that game didn't want to do all that grind for death knight.

It really buggs me to see all the bitter people clogging these forums with negativity.  they are all a bunch of whiners and should be banned.  swg is the greatest, teh old game sucked.

Comments

• SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137
    Originally posted by John.Galt

I played SWG from beta until Publish 10 (I think it was the one that brought in the new Jedee system). I quit back then basically because I wanted to be a Jedi and didn't feel like working at a second job to get it. Also, the game was just too hard.
    I started playing again after the combat upgrade and liked it a lot better than what I'd played before, the interface was simpler, and I liked how jedee players were getting taken down. It was still too hard for me, I didn't like having to go buy stuff all the time from greedy crafters.
    I didn't try again until recently, and this is the game I wish I'd seen back in 2003, I'd have never quit. Choosing a profession es easy, none of this stupid skill stuff i never did fugure out.  I fianally am a Jedee, level 26 and i dont have to deal with the greedy crafters (they finally got theirs too).  i can play and play and don't need anyone.
    I love this game and yes, I think it's growing and gonna beat wow.  I quit that game didn't want to do all that grind for death knight.
    It really buggs me to see all the bitter people clogging these forums with negativity.  they are all a bunch of whiners and should be banned.  swg is the greatest, teh old game sucked.

ROFL, which one of the Vets is this?

There is no way this is for real

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

LOL!  I don't know which vet it is but that is too funny.  I like it though, using humor to counter SOE and their viral marketing campaign...  Too funny.

Tecmo Bowl.

• saaysaay Member Posts: 455

Ok give it up - which ever burnt vet this is, just stop it, its sad and simply displays hypocracy.

• dpdilldpdill Member Posts: 26

You lost me at "...   I think it's growing and gonna beat wow".  ROFL. 

• DarkenedDarkened Member Posts: 183

All that grind? are you refering to getting a single character to 55 to unlock the DK? or the leveling of a DK from 55-80?

Both are minor tasks to complete, taking a DK to 80 from 55 takes a few days tops. Leveling a fresh character from 1-55 takes a few days tops.

Just to clarify.

SWG will never prosper like it once, argueably, did. That ship has sailed.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by Sharkypal

I agree, but then I reconsidered the target audience - and this post 'could'' be real.  

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by saay

Ok give it up - which ever burnt vet this is, just stop it, its sad and simply displays hypocracy.

Not quite as sad as the viral marketers.

To the OP, very funny! LOL

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Glad you're having fun.

It will probably out populate WoW any day now.

Over on the VN forums I was reading an Xfire thread that clearly showed WoW was doing and they were all going to WAR.

So pretty soon SWG will most likely be full of people you don't have to group with.

(I'm just using the logic I read on VN yesterday to support the OP in a positive way.. no offense to anyone.. its time for a kinder and genteler mmorpg.com).

*disclaimer* The opinions expressed in this post are not my own.  *disclaimer*

• John.GaltJohn.Galt Member Posts: 17

I didnt want to spend my life grinding every single profession to get jedee.  i thought that was stupid.

The way thei do it now is much more better.

the arrogent jedee and greedy crafters have been put in their place, that's why the game is so much better now.

all teh postars who are saying the game is growing are right.  its growing now, get over it.  go play wow or something.  reading all thar bashing is just too much reading.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

I got to reply for the fun of it.

You need to get your facts straight about greedy crafters.  Crafters did their best to play the economic side of things, but were the middlemen and forced to sell high to combatants.  The reason was...

Because of people like me, who were Resource Barons (or mongers if you want to try to be insulting).  We sold resources high, which caused crafters to sell high, which in turn caused combatants to pay high prices. 

So if you want to blame crafters for being greedy, then you need to blame the Resource Barons.

And the great thing of being a Resource Baron, it took hardly any crafting skills; just enough for a vendor; so I could stay as a Combatant and PvP/PvE.

Nice circle of credits and of how to keep the competition (other combatants) down.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Originally posted by Sharkypal

That's what I say every time  something good about SWG is posted in these forums

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

Never mess with the old PRE-CU crafters of SWG ... was soo fun doing all sorts of trades and contracts ,like having a contract to constantly supply a crafter or a bunch of them with some nice meat fron Yavin, or surveying a planet and then offering extractor lots for a nice sum,not to mention tradeing mediocre aklay bones for nice weapons... miss those days,meh.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

This thread rocks.

Tecmo Bowl.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    Originally posted by saay

It's not hypocrisy at all to make fun of people who lie for money -- it's humor, and as such what is funny is often an "eye of the beholder" thing. I can understand why you might not think it's funny yourself, in fact I would say maybe it hits pretty close to the mark, which is why it has gotten you all riled up. 

Why does it bother you so much that someone posts what you believe in, and stand for, in a clear and concise manner?

This discussion has been closed.