Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mortal online screenshots!

shrapnel20shrapnel20 Member Posts: 199

there was an update today. new race, alpha combat info, and screenshots!

www.mortalonline.com/screenshots

Comments

• SkogsbrandSkogsbrand Member Posts: 3

not bad for "alpha" screens, actually,,,

• ScoorgeScoorge Member Posts: 142

holy crap.. that looks really good!

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

"Completely seamless traversion of a roughly 64km2 large continent, although very far from finished....."

Very nice indeed! I can't wait to hear more info. Seems like things are going very well for Epic. One things for sure, they have a killer artist team. Hands down, some of the best alpha ss's I've seen in awhile. 

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

Vry cool!!

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Very awesome!

Is that a bit of motion blur on the guy above on the weapon and his upper right side you think?

Draw distance is looking great too.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Yeah I just noticed that too. Would be nice if that's an actual effect and not just some random occurance. 

• yukumoyukumo Member Posts: 86

Yeah. the way this games setting up is lookin sweet

• sartoksartok Member Posts: 79

God it looks good. These devs are great, you never have to wait and beg for new info, they just give it.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

nice screens. but very small game world. (to give a comparison, LotRO game world at launch was 50 sq. km).

• shrapnel20shrapnel20 Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by Galadourn

nice screens. but very small game world. (to give a comparison, LotRO game world at launch was 50 sq. km).

well the 64 sq. km is only one continent. 1/6 of the planned game world (not including oceans), which they will be expanding after release.

• L1ghtsabeRL1ghtsabeR Member Posts: 102

6x64sq km=384sq km. That sounds like pleanty to me, if you factor in all the dungeons and other areas like that, which they didn't include when stating the initial size would be 64sq km.

• H_CallahanH_Callahan Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by L1ghtsabeR

6x64sq km=384sq km. That sounds like pleanty to me, if you factor in all the dungeons and other areas like that, which they didn't include when stating the initial size would be 64sq km.

Well, we all know that world size isn't a good predictor of the general quality of a game per se. Best example is still DnL with an area of 40.000km² which was, unfortunately, never filled up with content. But a 384km² world with FFA PvP and full loot seems to be very tiny for that kind of PvP unless the amount of players per server is restricted to some low numbers.

Well, there must be a price for the nice gfx.

• NicooNicoo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Nothing special, I can already see this going like AoC.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Nicoo

Nothing special, I can already see this going like AoC.

Wth is wrong with you guys?

This game isn't even in beta and its "going the way of AoC"?

the freaking game world is already larger then Lotro and its only one continent atm.

I swear you will complain about anything.

Now for the next year and a half before release all you fanbois will say is "MOs game world isn't immersive enough cause its small" WoW seriously you guys are sad.

You take one bit of information and use it as ammunition for your crappy troll posts to spread misinformation to sway anyone interested in this game away so your game doesn't lose precious subs.

Why don't you guys go back to your mmos and stop trying to fight the good fight on the forums.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Originally posted by H_Callahan

Well, we all know that world size isn't a good predictor of the general quality of a game per se. Best example is still DnL with an area of 40.000km² which was, unfortunately, never filled up with content. But a 384km² world with FFA PvP and full loot seems to be very tiny for that kind of PvP unless the amount of players per server is restricted to some low numbers.

Well, there must be a price for the nice gfx.

I definitely agree that world size is not something to judge how enjoyable the world will actually be.

A dev said in the forums that they'd rather make the first 64sq km as good as possible and then add new continents later on, instead of making a big empty world.

You need to consider that the world is not flat and empty. There will be mountains and canyons restricting your movement, there will be monsters and other players that you have to fight to get to a certain spot. In addition, they didn't include the area that you get from dungeons.

A dev said that if you could travel from one edge of the map to the other in a straight line, then it would take you about 50 minutes at jogging speed. Factor in all the stuff I mentioned before and I'm sure that 50 min will grow into ~2 hours if not more. To me, that sounds big enough.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Looks good!

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372

I definitely agree that world size is not something to judge how enjoyable the world will actually be.
    A dev said in the forums that they'd rather make the first 64sq km as good as possible and then add new continents later on, instead of making a big empty world.
    You need to consider that the world is not flat and empty. There will be mountains and canyons restricting your movement, there will be monsters and other players that you have to fight to get to a certain spot. In addition, they didn't include the area that you get from dungeons.
    A dev said that if you could travel from one edge of the map to the other in a straight line, then it would take you about 50 minutes at jogging speed. Factor in all the stuff I mentioned before and I'm sure that 50 min will grow into ~2 hours if not more. To me, that sounds big enough.

As long as they don't send me fedex'ing across the world :P

------------------------------

Originally posted by skinnys

As long as they don't send me fedex'ing across the world :P

Fingers crossed for no insta travel then.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013

Looks good, hopefully we are kept up-to-date.  Moreso than other games...

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• czechzombieczechzombie Member Posts: 27

wikipedia: "Mounted combat, both ranged and melee, where your speed influences the damage your attacks inflict, and the faster your riding, the more difficult it becomes to change direction.[10] Mounts can be bought or tamed, and they won't jump out of your pocket or disappear into thin air. All mounts must be stabled to keep them safe, otherwise they can be stolen, killed, and eaten."

LOLZ! :D I'm looking fwd to teh epic chat: "Sorry, I've eaten ur horsez!!" :D :D :D

Originally posted by czechzombie

LOLZ! :D I'm looking fwd to teh epic chat: "Sorry, I've eaten ur horsez!!" :D :D :D

It's gonna be more like: "I bring you a horse, but I eated it."

And your characters face will look like this while you say it:

• czechzombieczechzombie Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by czechzombie

LOLZ! :D I'm looking fwd to teh epic chat: "Sorry, I've eaten ur horsez!!" :D :D :D

It's gonna be more like: "I bring you a horse, but I eated it."image
    And your characters face will look like this while you say it:

LMAO :D

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

OK, that's it - we demand kittenform

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412

I'll admit that it looks amazing, but if one freaking ounce of gameplay is sacrificed for pretty graphics, then screw it.

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by Zerocyde
    I'll admit that it looks amazing, but if one freaking ounce of gameplay is sacrificed for pretty graphics, then screw it.
    And about what ounce of gameplay are you talking?

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

This discussion has been closed.