Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

yet another thinking of coming back post.

AbronzAbronz Member Posts: 126

Thinking of coming back but have some questions:

1. My toons are parked on the Everfrost server.  Is that one pretty populated?

When I left I parked my two 50+ healers.  Since I get my most fun healing groups I need to be on a populated server.

2. Does Sony offer character transfers?

Thanks

Comments

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

Not sure of precise populations, but I do not recall Everfrost being among the heavy servers. However, don't take that to mean it is deserted, I frankly don't know.

Yes, Sony allows transfers between servers. $50 a character, if I recall.

Good luck in the game!

user
  • NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Anyone know if there are transfers from PvP -> Regular servers?

-------------------------

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Netzoko

I couldn't find it mentioned in the knowledgebase, and the transfer minisite is down due to ongoing maintenance (all transfers are currently handled individually via support).

However, I did find a few threads in the forum saying that it isn't allowed, but should be. No SOE staff comments though.

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206

Hmmm, i fairly certain Everfrost is medium....i -do- know that Lucan and Antonia are usually pretty heavy, usually get's that way around 5ish EST....so if you do feel the need to transfer you may want to keep these two in mind.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yes but not the other way around, you can only move to a PvP server from another PvP server or an RP PvP.

However bear in mind that I havn't played for 6 months so it might have changed, but it is not very likely, I don't see SOE saying no to 50 bucks.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by JustTalking

Hmmm, i fairly certain Everfrost is medium....i -do- know that Lucan and Antonia are usually pretty heavy, usually get's that way around 5ish EST....so if you do feel the need to transfer you may want to keep these two in mind.

Yep, Lucan rules

I don't remember anything at all about EF...

Originally posted by Loke666

Yes but not the other way around, you can only move to a PvP server from another PvP server or an RP PvP.

However bear in mind that I havn't played for 6 months so it might have changed, but it is not very likely, I don't see SOE saying no to 50 bucks.

Where are you getting this from? I can only find places where people are complaining that they can't do this.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious. Link

Character transfer for EQ2 is automated. The process sticks when any of the following clause is void (except credit card billing / verification issues).

Please review the following stipulations and make sure that all prove true:

All items on the consignment (broker/fence) that your character owns must be completely removed, including money and containers.

All items owned by the character must be completely repaired.

No mail should be present in the mailbox for the character, regardless of read status. Please file a petition to remove any ghost mails if any.

The character should be clear of all experience debt.

The character's house, access permissions, and all items therein, including the House Vault items, will transfer to the destination, intact.

The contents of the character's main bank will transfer, in whole, excluding the shared bank items, which are attached to the server/realm/account. Items in the source account/server/realm's shared bank will become unavailable after the character arrives at its destination.

Transfers are not allowed from Station Exchange servers.

Transfers to Station Exchange servers are only allowed after the character has been stripped of all items that are tradable, including coin, and provided that the character is not attempting to be transferred to a PVP server.

Transfers are not allowed to PVP servers, unless the character is transferring from the same PVP server, but to a different account, instead of a different server.

If a character by the same name is already on the server, there will be an option to change the name of the character to a different one that is still within the scope of the Naming Policy for EverQuest II.

Character Transfer Requests can be submitted through SOE's Character Transfer Service page

This is from the EQ2 wikia so i have no idea how accurate it is or if it's oudated.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Transfer

My link's more recent, and from an official source :P

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Originally posted by JustTalking

Lucan D'lere (or however the last part is spelled) is getting heavy now?  When I left (a few months ago) Lucan had been mostly a ghost town for at least a year...

The only two servers that were hitting heavy were AB and one of the pvp servers.

Just wondering because that would be a 'good' sign well at least for SOE.

Or maybe some of the excess transfers from AB went there (was impossible to play on weekends last I was active.)  /end ramble

I was on a few weeks ago, Lucan and Bayle were both heavy at or around 5ish EST.

I remember it well, i was leaving and shelled out lots of plat/swag to quite a few newish players, My Dark Elf SK was on Lucan.