Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A simple poll

blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

AoC is now £7.99 to buy on Play.com

Was gonna give the game a whirl at release but too many bad reviews etc. Looks like the game has improved.

My PC spec is as follows

AMD 5200 Duel core 2.7ghz

2GB RAM DDR2 @ 533mhz

256Mb 8600GT

Will the game run ok and for £7.99 shall i give it a shot for the 30 days?

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Give it a go once your cores stop fighting

Actually, pm me your email address - it looks as though I have some trial keys, and I got sent to Coventry once.

• ElendilasXElendilasX Member Posts: 243

I tried it at release and enjoyded Tortage ( or whatever first city is called) quests and storyline. After level 40 or so game become boring so i quit. But i cant say i wasted my money because i enjoyed it so much.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Worth the money > hours will give. Better value than 3 pints down the local.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Darwa I keep experiencing unexpected errors when trying to pm you :(

Is this a sign!

• Hamrtime2Hamrtime2 Member Posts: 360

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

I very strongly disagree. At least when he buys the 3 pints he knows what he is getting for his money. He wont leave the pub with an empty belly wondering where his money went.

• BearShammyBearShammy Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Hamrtime2

I very strongly disagree. At least when he buys the 3 pints he knows what he is getting for his money. He wont leave the pub with an empty belly wondering where his money went.

Had a read through your post history  Hamr... and frankly it's disturbing the amount of time you have spent writring absolutely baloooo about a game you don't like or play. Let me ask you wjhat game do you like to play. Let us AoC players here at least have that insight if you gonna keep writing stocastic rants on a game you really don't know the content of. 

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529
    Originally posted by BearShammy

Had a read through your post history  Hamr... and frankly it's disturbing the amount of time you have spent writring absolutely baloooo about a game you don't like or play. Let me ask you wjhat game do you like to play. Let us AoC players here at least have that insight if you gonna keep writing stocastic rants on a game you really don't know the content of. 

To be fair...I haven't played the game yet, but it isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together

Only Hamr seems to be getting -3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

If you decide to play make sure you when / if you cancel that you delete your credit card information (if you use one), FC is notorious for charging people after they cancel.

If you do use a game card check e-bay, lotta retailers were selling AoC GT Cards very cheap cause they couldn't get rid of em, (there was one poor guy on the official forums trying to get rid of thousands of dollars worth of em),

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881
    Originally posted by Capn23

Originally posted by BearShammy

To be fair...I haven't played the game yet, but it isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together

Only Hamr seems to be getting -3

People who havent played the game should becareful about making assumptions, their are many reasons 80% of the people who bought the  box no longer play the game.

Hit the level cap, than come throw your 2 cents in.

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405

(OP)

Yes, i strongly recommend you to buy AOC.

AOC has improved ALOT since lunch, it is now a really cool and fun game

Yes, your comp will run AOC with no problem, £7.99. lol this game is worth much more then that ! yes you should definitely buy AOC for £7.99 and give it a try,  i am pretty sure you will have a really fun time playing AOC.

Good luck m8

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Sure, your computer will run it good at medium (even though I would reccomend you to get a new GFX card for all the good games out there, it do make a lot off difference not just in this game. But I am one of those graphics freaks that must have the latest GFX card).

8 Quids are no money, you might off course not like it because taste differs but for this kinda cash it is surely worth the risk.

I played it a lot, there are good things and bad things as in any game off course but you will miss out if you don't at least try it.

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by ElendilasX

I tried it at release and enjoyded Tortage ( or whatever first city is called) quests and storyline. After level 40 or so game become boring so i quit. But i cant say i wasted my money because i enjoyed it so much.

If you really liked AOC at release i strongly recommend you to try AOC again, the game has improved so much, it is now a really cool and fun game, after lvl 20 you have alot of new quests, a new zone Ymir's pass lvl 55-65 ( probably the best zone i ever played in a mmo and i have played more then 10 diffrent mmo's ) many revamped dungeons, pvp system / pvp lvls and alot of other new stuff.

So give it a try again m8, and have alot of fun

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef