Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DaoC...free trial Question

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Alrighty..

Does it require a Credit card number to activate the free trial?

Thanks!

Originally posted by WizGamer
Now hear me out, its just an opinion, I don't want yours. .

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Not sure but i think it is because you can just do a monthly fee after the trial i think..

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    yes it does.... i hate how my auto login doesnt work right...

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

crap

downloaded it for nothing

They really need to inform people about this before going through the hassle of downloading it through Filecrap ...er Fileplanet

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• RunawayxxiRunawayxxi Member Posts: 9

Fileplanet isn't crap! If you subscribe. No hassle at all  image

just run away please..

whats wrong with a cc trial? i usually cancel if i dont want to pay like a day or two before time goes up

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I have a real issue with companies forcing you to enter a credit card before you try something for free.

It's a pet peeve of mine.  Companies can do just as well or even better without forcing someone to use a credit card for a free trial.  Many of the companies use this tactic so that they bank on the fact that a percentage of tryers will screw up and forget to cancel on their last day.

I worked at a well-known company during college that did this and that's what they told me.  With today's technology that is available there are better ways to tract clients/information other than through their credit card.

In my opinion, when companies do this it isn't to tract customers, maintain CD key distribution, or set up statistical information.  It's a way to squeeze a possible dollar from someone.

a lot of trials let you cancel and still play the days until the trial is up I remember doing this for neocron because i didnt trust them as far as i can throw my computer.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Daoc never left my hard drive....just updated it and thinking of trying the 14 day return to Daoc offer.

Hmm

Pan

Pan

• FreelanceFreelance Member Posts: 83

I would try it again.  I played for about a 1 1/2 years and left to play some other mmo's.  I must say after returning I realized what a good mmo is.  I have had so much fun since my return that I doubt I will be purchasing WOW or EQ2.  I will be buying catacombs though.  This game just has so much to offer compared to games like EQ, SWG,  Horizons, and Shadowbane.  The only real thing that I wish they would improve on but not mess with the mob drops is the crafting. 

Now as far as the free trial goes,  I feel it doesn't give the game justice.  There is so much PVE content added in TOA and SI.  Also the difference in graphics give people a wrong first impression.  The graphics in this game with the two expansions are not far off from any mmo out there,   and better than most in my opinion.

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    free trail sucks.. you need to play the game on a regular basis to understand why its the best mmorpg out now.. and for long time.

Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vlyden 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 40 Wizard | Merlin / Alb

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot
    Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 50 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

• tinedortinedor Member Posts: 35
    I totally agree , that CC is a trap , i was thinking about going back , but no way now wanted to see how the graphics have changed and all , but not really worth my time image