Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frostfell Reward Appearances not working

ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

The preview for most of the furniture items off the merchant in frostfell are not working.  Does anyone know where to get a preview of what they look like?  I have a crazy number of tokens to spend but am thinking about buying a set of armor for the appearance and wanted to know what the furniture stuff looks like so I can plan what I want.

---
Ethion

Comments

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

There are, unfortunately, several things not working with this years Frostfell event including bugged quests.

This has not been the EQ2 team's finest hour.

user
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

on the vendor, examine the item, you will get a box pop up to see the discription of it. On that box hit and hold the ctrl button on your keboard, your mouse will turn into an magnifying glass, and then click on the desicription, it will show you what the item looks like.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

if that doesnt work, you could try this site, havent checked the frostfell items in it though

www.eq2hg.com/

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

That link doesn't have any of the items from any of the special events and is even missing most of the other items in the game. It may be a good site eventually, it isn't now.

Honestly I know they are bugged. send in a /bug next time you're in the game.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I'll try the examine step.  Be kinda odd if that worked...  Anyway I did bug it.

What quests don't work in frostfell??  I have just about done them all and haven't seen any problems.  I still have quest where I need to find things in the jungle but other then that I have done all but one other quest, my wife has done them all on the good side and is working on the evil side.  What quests are broken and how?  Maybe we are working around it somehow.

thanks

---
    Ethion

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by Jeff44

There are, unfortunately, several things not working with this years Frostfell event including bugged quests.
    This has not been the EQ2 team's finest hour.

Yeah its not,not by a long way tbh

I haven't had any of the quests for frostfell not work. Though I can't seem to finish Sleigh the Dragon in solo mode on easy.

Originally posted by Moirae

I haven't had any of the quests for frostfell not work. Though I can't seem to finish Sleigh the Dragon in solo mode on easy.

I think you can duo it but you gotta know the tricks to the mobs...  A couple of them have definite tricks and if you watch the messages when you are being attacked you can figure it out.  Do it right and the two hardest bosses do almost no damage.

But you can't succeed with only one person, or at least it is pretty unlikely.  I think on easy through you can duo it but easy mode isn't worth doing...  Do it on heroic and you get far more tokens.  Like 3 vs 25 or so.

---
    Ethion

Originally posted by miagisan

on the vendor, examine the item, you will get a box pop up to see the discription of it. On that box hit and hold the ctrl button on your keboard, your mouse will turn into an magnifying glass, and then click on the desicription, it will show you what the item looks like.

I tested this it doesn't work.  Go to the frostfell merchant "Gerti Frostfoot", control click on glacial dresser and you get the message "You cannot view that in the dressing room"  This happens for all furniture items on this vendor.  The other vendor with items you buy all work fine.  It is only the vendor that uses Frozen Tokens that has this problem.  Examining the items and clicking the item in the examination window gives the same behavior...

That web site that someone listed was useless.  It is missing all the new frostfell stuff.

---
    Ethion

Trust me you're not supposed to..and i banged on endlessly on the test forums about this and it is easier than it was,you can at least do it with 2 people now for a long time the devs wouldnt entertain it anything but a full group quest but sadly thats the way this dev team seems to be driving the game at the moment,but its not meant in anyway to be a solo quest..solo is a dirty word to this dev team (and i fear it'll get worse before it gets better too sadly)

For me at least my main cant do ANY of the frostfell quests apart from the dragon one,lol, though he's been around the block a bit i know he can do them all again (showing a wonderful lack of imagination on the devs part just to resue old quests again) i think though he may be bugged in some way as my alts can do them fine..so i've got a CSR looking at my problem atm so hopefully it'll sort itself out soon.

Found a site with appearances

eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php

---
    Ethion

Originally posted by fozzie22

Trust me you're not supposed to..and i banged on endlessly on the test forums about this and it is easier than it was,you can at least do it with 2 people now for a long time the devs wouldnt entertain it anything but a full group quest but sadly thats the way this dev team seems to be driving the game at the moment,but its not meant in anyway to be a solo quest..solo is a dirty word to this dev team (and i fear it'll get worse before it gets better too sadly)

For me at least my main cant do ANY of the frostfell quests apart from the dragon one,lol, though he's been around the block a bit i know he can do them all again (showing a wonderful lack of imagination on the devs part just to resue old quests again) i think though he may be bugged in some way as my alts can do them fine..so i've got a CSR looking at my problem atm so hopefully it'll sort itself out soon.

Little confused then... why have an easy mode when it isn't intended to BE an easy mode?

Little confused then... why have an easy mode when it isn't intended to BE an easy mode?

You tell me lol,we asked and asked on test to lower her stats and they just wouldnt do it..till it got to the point where the whole thread was about that quest..the devs even came up with "frostfell quests arent meant to be ALL solo"....now i'm sorry but in my time playing the game i cant recall one frostfell quest that was herioc.

Its this idiot dev team the game has atm..they're hell bent on turning everything into group only stuff they'll hurt the game more  than SC ever can..the mind boggles it really does.

They finnaly toned it down to where it is now,they said that was that..it would break if they lowered it anymore (bollocks tbh) and it can be done with a duo..just about anyway.

This one quest sums the dev team up atm for me though..its this all or nothing approach to the game which will hurt it in the long run..after all my complaining about ROK at least you could do the quests in that xpac that unlike TSO where unless you have time for a group (i dont tbh) you're boned

You tell me lol,we asked and asked on test to lower her stats and they just wouldnt do it..till it got to the point where the whole thread was about that quest..the devs even came up with "frostfell quests arent meant to be ALL solo"....now i'm sorry but in my time playing the game i cant recall one frostfell quest that was herioc.

Its this idiot dev team the game has atm..they're hell bent on turning everything into group only stuff they'll hurt the game more  than SC ever can..the mind boggles it really does.

They finnaly toned it down to where it is now,they said that was that..it would break if they lowered it anymore (bollocks tbh) and it can be done with a duo..just about anyway.

This one quest sums the dev team up atm for me though..its this all or nothing approach to the game which will hurt it in the long run..after all my complaining about ROK at least you could do the quests in that xpac that unlike TSO where unless you have time for a group (i dont tbh) you're boned

Most of the mobs are not impossible to solo but there are two of them that are setup to be melee or caster and that is the nature of the challenge.  This is why you need a duo cause one class generally can dps with melee or casting and not both.  If there is a class that is effective with both then these mobs are easy as they do almost no damage as long as you don't use the wrong attacks.

---
    Ethion

*shrugs* simple... don't actually finish the end, just keep zoning and killing stuff until you get to her, stop before you do. You'll get tokens to buy stuff. You won't get the crown and the dragon but you can buy everything else.

Originally posted by ethion

Most of the mobs are not impossible to solo but there are two of them that are setup to be melee or caster and that is the nature of the challenge.  This is why you need a duo cause one class generally can dps with melee or casting and not both.  If there is a class that is effective with both then these mobs are easy as they do almost no damage as long as you don't use the wrong attacks.

This is a fluff quest

One for this time of year when we're all pressed for time,ergo it should in no way shape or form be a heroic quest..though i might add its nice to see its been toned down again with the update yesterday

Told you it was bollocks about them not lowering her stats..and the dragon is funky,it really is.

• sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190

All you receive from the quest rewards are the armor pieces itself, e.g., breastplate, pauldrons etc. No particles.

You have to open up the item shop and purchase each and every particle effect intended for Frostfell individually.

They sell for 350SC/pc minus for the BP which happens to be 500SC. It's a very good deal, how amazing that computer graphics have advanced so much to watch ANIMATED floaty things in an MMO. You know, it must've cost a fortune to implement such spectacular eye-catching and jaw-dropping features that have never been seen before, in any game, not even offline, NEVER EVER. OMG!

Originally posted by sweetdreams

All you receive from the quest rewards are the armor pieces itself, e.g., breastplate, pauldrons etc. No particles.
    You have to open up the item shop and purchase each and every particle effect intended for Frostfell individually.
    They sell for 350SC/pc minus for the BP which happens to be 500SC. It's a very good deal, how amazing that computer graphics have advanced so much to watch ANIMATED floaty things in an MMO. You know, it must've cost a fortune to implement such spectacular eye-catching and jaw-dropping features that have never been seen before, in any game, not even offline, NEVER EVER. OMG!

All coming soon no doubt ;)