Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It has been effective with EA, it is far beyond time for an SOE boycott!

Comments

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

The level of stupidity in this is amazing.

Originally posted by hvc801

Well I dont think it'll be possibly for us to actualy shut down sony's SoE due to they do sell very nice flat screen HDTV's and blueray players and discs, and all that other junk, so they will probably still be able to support the SoE budget.  The question is.. How can we shut them down without making them go out of business.. ::evil grin:: MWUAHAHAHA!
    Anyways, sure, I probably wont be buying another SoE game for a long time, due to the fact they got my dick hard on swg just to stab me in my anus.

Just don't buy their games. I don't care about Sony Japan, I like their electronic products. I just hate SoE lol. I have no problem not buying their games anymore.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Im in, I quit EQ until they remove this cash shop, or I will sell my account.

FFXI for me until this is fixed.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

The reason why I react the way I did in this topic is because all these years I've seen so many topics about boycott game X or company X, and what do we have now a very dumped down with more forms of RMT options into these games then before.

So if all those boycotts in the past never did anything postive towards this industry isn't it wiser to start thinking about other measure's?

What makes people actualy think this time might be different?

Someone make a list of people who boycott SoE lol^^.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

I have been actively boycotting all SOE and Sony products since November of 2005. Glad to see so many new faces joining me

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

Originally posted by Reklaw

The reason why I react the way I did in this topic is because all these years I've seen so many topics about boycott game X or company X, and what do we have now a very dumped down with more forms of RMT options into these games then before.
    So if all those boycotts in the past never did anything postive towards this industry isn't it wiser to start thinking about other measure's?
    What makes people actualy think this time might be different?

I'm not expecting for SOE to learn a lesson this time either, I just get a happy feeling knowing those scumbags won't be getting any of my money.

Milky

altairzq

klaos

UNATCOII

xbellx777

clint3164

firefly2003

darwa

Evilsam

local93bc

Lydon

hvc801

darkboaz

Waterlily

Calintz333

Abrahmm

Just copy the list and add your name if you think you shoult be on it. You know you want to be.

lol, don't hate =)

• polypteruspolypterus Member Posts: 201

So what's this boycott for? I mean usually when people boycott something, it's a product they would normally buy, but refuse to for some moral reason. If you think the product sucks and wouldn’t buy it anyway that's not really a boycott is it.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Milky

altairzq

klaos

UNATCOII

xbellx777

clint3164

firefly2003

darwa

Evilsam

local93bc

Lydon

hvc801

darkboaz

Waterlily

Calintz333

Abrahmm
    Just copy the list and add your name if you think you shoult be on it. You know you want to be.
    lol, don't hate =)

sorry but your list is already flawed...darwa is playing SWG and liking it...

Originally posted by polypterus

So what's this boycott for? I mean usually when people boycott something, it's a product they would normally buy, but refuse to for some moral reason. If you think the product sucks and wouldn’t buy it anyway that's not really a boycott is it.

I think a few things would stop the boycott. Removal of the cash shop would appease the EQ and EQII boycotters. Smeds head on a steak would appease everyone.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

Originally posted by miagisan
    ah so it's ok to pull the eastern morality out of your bum but it's not ok to use western morality...seriously....what?

When you try to wear two hats, Miag, one will slip off.

The honorable thing to do is to apologize, and revoke this insult on players.

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341

I boycotted SOE 2 weeks after the 1st Card Game came out and I started seeing all the fancy loot folks were getting,and I knew then it was a gimmick and no longer would the coolest loot be put in game for us the gamer to try to gain thru conquest of dungeons,pvp,or rep etc.

Originally posted by UNATCOII

ah so it's ok to pull the eastern morality out of your bum but it's not ok to use western morality...seriously....what?

When you try to wear two hats, Miag, one will slip off.

The honorable thing to do is to apologize, and revoke this insult on players.

yes but who is to say what the right hat is?

me? you? buddha? christ? does it matter?

Truth is in the eye of the beholder, nothing more. One may view something one way, another views it in another way.

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341

Keep this Post Bumped:)

Originally posted by Waterlily

Milky

altairzq

klaos

UNATCOII

xbellx777

clint3164

firefly2003

darwa

Evilsam

local93bc

Lydon

hvc801

darkboaz

Waterlily

Calintz333

Abrahmm
    lol, don't hate =)

sorry but your list is already flawed...darwa is playing SWG and liking it...

That's a darn big list, even if you removed 1 or 2 more, considering this site has like <250 members logged in to cast their vote!

please show me where this vote is being listed at?

so 12 people out of 974,929 members and 1,594 guests is alot?

so 12 people out of 974,929 members and 1,594 guests is alot?

*cough* You're just jealous you're not on it^^ .

why would i be jealous...i think you are all comical and fun to poke at :)

i got more important things to do than compare video games to suicidal engineers. It's a hobby, a past time, which i find amusing (and sad) that people take it so serious

i got more important things to do than compare video games to suicidal engineers. It's a hobby, a past time, which i find amusing (and sad) that people take it so serious

If you didn't take it seriously, you wouldn't be trolling a forum dedicated to this hobby.

i don't take it seriously, i just enjoy talking to people on forums...it's addictive....i am a member to about 8 of em lol

• raizzeenraizzeen Member Posts: 185

just because of this im actualy going to buy something

• KesranKesran Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Abrahmm

If you didn't take it seriously, you wouldn't be trolling a forum dedicated to this hobby.

Well there's 'taking it seriously', and 'taking it way too seriously'.

When people start comparing SOE making ill-conceived changes to a videogame with faulty japanese engineering causing the loss of life as 'the horrors of what history has written, which category do you think that falls under ?

Comments like that do absolutely nothing to help what you're trying to do. Personally, I don't currently play any SOE games but if they ever do make any that I like, then sure I'll give it a go.

----------------------------
    Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what size my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

Originally posted by Kesran

Originally posted by Abrahmm

Well there's 'taking it seriously', and 'taking it way too seriously'.

When people start comparing SOE making ill-conceived changes to a videogame with faulty japanese engineering causing the loss of life as 'the horrors of what history has written, which category do you think that falls under ?

Comments like that do absolutely nothing to help what you're trying to do. Personally, I don't currently play any SOE games but if they ever do make any that I like, then sure I'll give it a go.

There's 2 types of people: those who'll do something, then those who make excuses to not do anything.

When the latter is robbed, the first thing they'll scream is, "THIEF!!!", instead of "I'm a sucka for not protecting myself!"

Wiser folks can read the writing on the wall, and take measures to protect themselves, not depend on others to be their super heros for them.