Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it...

Is it going to be a console mmorpg?

Comments

• N3oN_666N3oN_666 Member Posts: 136

I think I read some where that they are looking into that. But I doubt it.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Honestly I think it will be a PC and Console MMO, not sure if there going to do cross platform servers or not but they might.

I mean honestly, they would get far more players console wise than they will PC wise with the style of MMORPG they are making.  

• According to the PC Gamer first look, the is a quote on the top of Page 34 that says "There hasn't even been a conversation on how The Old Republic would work on a console."

Sorry.

Originally posted by Reiketsu

According to the PC Gamer first look, the is a quote on the top of Page 34 that says "There hasn't even been a conversation on how The Old Republic would work on a console."

Sorry.

Once maintenence is done on the SW:TOR official forums I will try and find the link, but I am pretty sure they have said not that long ago that it WILL be ported over at some point in time. 

• N3oN_666N3oN_666 Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

According to the PC Gamer first look, the is a quote on the top of Page 34 that says "There hasn't even been a conversation on how The Old Republic would work on a console."

Sorry.

Once maintenence is done on the SW:TOR official forums I will try and find the link, but I am pretty sure they have said not that long ago that it WILL be ported over at some point in time. 

Wrong, they said they are looking into it.

• Originally posted by N3oN_666

Sorry.

Well, that is possible.  No way to tell when the article was actually written.  If something else is on the official boards, I would go with that info. I just haven't seen it myself.

• andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374

Honestly I think it will be a PC and Console MMO, not sure if there going to do cross platform servers or not but they might.
    I mean honestly, they would get far more players console wise than they will PC wise with the style of MMORPG they are making.  

Right.  Cuz I'm sure very few PC players will end up playing this game.  One of the top PC developers of RPGs of all time with one of the best loved IP's of all time.  That is a recipe for 0 subscribers without consoles. 

Originally posted by andmiller

Right.  Cuz I'm sure very few PC players will end up playing this game.  One of the top PC developers of RPGs of all time with one of the best loved IP's of all time.  That is a recipe for 0 subscribers without consoles. 

lol yeah way to missinterpret what I said.

See what happens when you assume?

How many PC players are out there and how many console players are out there?

I will give you a hint, even with PC gaining in popularity the console player base still far outnumbers the PC player base lol.

Case in point the majority of FFXI players played on console.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

The only qualified link to this subject I could find was this: Linkage

It says specifically that they are thinking about it, weighing possibilities maybe, but that no decision on this subject has been made in any regards.

I seem to remember that the same line of argument has been used in a BioWare interview that I can't find right now. It's an option they could see, but have no plans for at this time.

Originally posted by N3oN_666

Sorry.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-10-23/20081023230559180.shtml

"Electronic Arts executive Frank Gibeau has confirmed to Eurogamer that console MMO versions of Star Wars: The Old Republic and Warhammer Online are "under consideration".

The details are as below:

Speaking to Eurogamer at the press event announcing SWTOR for PC, he said, "We're definitely looking at the opportunity to bring the MMO experience to console, without question.

"We've got this product, and we've got Warhammer at play," he continued, "So we're trying to look at the primary research required to understand how would you deploy it, what the client size looks like, how big is the back-end, what the play experience looks like... Once we've got some of those questions answered, we'll be able to decide which is the right play to go after."

When asked if he was specifically referring to SWTOR and Warhammer Online, Gibeau replied, "They're both under consideration." However, he added, "We're not really in a place to commit or announce anything specific with regards to those."

Gibeau is president of the EA Games label, which published Warhammer Online for PC in September. LucasArts is publishing SWTOR, but the game is being developed by BioWare - which is owned by EA. So what's in it for them? "

They have deffinetly had a conversation about it lol.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Star_Wars_MMORPG_announced_future_console_version_eyed/1224707747

Speaking to Eurogamer today, however, EA executive Frank Gibeau said his company is already looking at bringing BioWare and LucasArts' MMO to home video game consoles. Currently, he says EA is looking at the logistical aspects of building a console MMO, and that once research is complete, they will decide between their Star Wars and Warhammer properties.

Yep I was wrong. They are definetly considering it at this time though.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Originally posted by N3oN_666

Sorry.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-10-23/20081023230559180.shtml

"Electronic Arts executive Frank Gibeau has confirmed to Eurogamer that console MMO versions of Star Wars: The Old Republic and Warhammer Online are "under consideration".

The details are as below:

Speaking to Eurogamer at the press event announcing SWTOR for PC, he said, "We're definitely looking at the opportunity to bring the MMO experience to console, without question.

"We've got this product, and we've got Warhammer at play," he continued, "So we're trying to look at the primary research required to understand how would you deploy it, what the client size looks like, how big is the back-end, what the play experience looks like... Once we've got some of those questions answered, we'll be able to decide which is the right play to go after."

When asked if he was specifically referring to SWTOR and Warhammer Online, Gibeau replied, "They're both under consideration." However, he added, "We're not really in a place to commit or announce anything specific with regards to those."

Gibeau is president of the EA Games label, which published Warhammer Online for PC in September. LucasArts is publishing SWTOR, but the game is being developed by BioWare - which is owned by EA. So what's in it for them? "

They have deffinetly had a conversation about it lol.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Star_Wars_MMORPG_announced_future_console_version_eyed/1224707747

Speaking to Eurogamer today, however, EA executive Frank Gibeau said his company is already looking at bringing BioWare and LucasArts' MMO to home video game consoles. Currently, he says EA is looking at the logistical aspects of building a console MMO, and that once research is complete, they will decide between their Star Wars and Warhammer properties.

Yep I was wrong. They are definetly considering it at this time though.

You were slow! Nyanyanyanyanya!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Console version isn't a bad thing, as long as they are on their own servers. Didn't Blizzard talk about a console version of WoW? Not sure, thought I heard they have, or maybe it's for their  next mmo.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

Its a bad thing if they design the mmo for the console aswel but not if they do like a C&C3 type port.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

if they do it like EQ and EQOA, it would be perfect, 2 different servers for Console and PC

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493

Sorry.

YOu do understand that both statements can be true in this case?