Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lvl 15 war lfg

biumbium Member Posts: 9

i'm a lvl 15 war on odin server getting sick of soloing, i'm game for tanking etc. msg: Briec

tabula rasa ftw!!!`

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

There are a whole lot of people on Odin. You don't have to post that here. There aren't a lack of people or anything to ask on the server or anything.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• biumbium Member Posts: 9

ya kno i've been looking for people for a while and noone seems to want to party or their lvl is 20x mine just thought this would bear more fruit

tabula rasa ftw!!!`

This probably isn't the best way to go about it. Have you been seeking for a party? I'm surprised on a gigantic server like that, you would have trouble getting a party invite. Just keep at it and you'll get a party.

dude i set my party thing for looking for party every time i log. i've been in two parties since lvl 1. it baffles me as well that so many people don't need a tank.

tabula rasa ftw!!!`

• XxKnivesxXXxKnivesxX Member UncommonPosts: 188

alexanderftw.

is that your character name?

tabula rasa ftw!!!`

They need a tank. You're at the prime level for one. You'll get one.

• reetinreetin Member Posts: 70

Paitence young padawan I am sure you will get a party sooner or later. Typically when someone looks for a party they go for someone they know, or that has a good subjob/gear. My suggestion is  trying to get to know people mingle as it were and people will help you. Since the new level sync feature was introduced i have been gettiing parties left and right, so just wait, make friends, do easy quests, and all that junk.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

You typically wont get party invites until level 10.  So LFP before then is fruitless.  Also, this is a problem on high end servers that people think "oh more people, more chance at party" when your chances are just about the same as a medium sized server.  You have more people but you also have more warriors and if you're new to the game there are probably warriors with subjobs and rank and probbly not known.  So you're gonna have to work just as hard.

I'm gonna dispel the myth one day (with my sidekick WSIMike) that bigger is not always better.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by bium

dude i set my party thing for looking for party every time i log. i've been in two parties since lvl 1. it baffles me as well that so many people don't need a tank.

Two things come to mind.Your sure you don't have /anon on?

Secondly ,do you have a sub job?the many vets and elitists would rather a player with a subjob,they seem to forget there routes when they get all big and proud.Too bad i can't just hop server to server ,i would help you out,as is i have not played in like 6 months now, i am forgetting a lot of the game by now lol.

A server can have a lot of players,what level those players are makes a huge difference.I know when i was horsing around on  some new job on one of my toons,the server was very dead for noobs.I would look all day long to make my own party and there was rarely an occasion of even 6 players my level.Yes when chance hit i would make a 5 player party,but even 5 was VERY hard to make.Imagine a /sea all 14-16 and there is only a total of 10 players 6 already in a party lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• icyredicyred Member Posts: 138

I remember play FFXI and level 15 LMAO...... ok well problem #1 with level 15 is if your not a whitemage... you will have difficulty finding a party... Even Odin since alot of ppl are over level 15.... but i cant remember what level but you should be real close too go too Jueno and try too party there... But... if your having troubles its either

A)there arent lots of level 15 parties anymore

B)The job you have isnt needed especially as a tank (most ppl like ninja's or warrior/great sub like paladin or ninja.

C) Or you pissed alot of ppl off on that server or annoy ppl on that server too the point youve been blocked..

D) you played so horribly as a tank that lots of ppl that level range knows not too play with you

These are the ONLY reasons that you could not get a party in ODIN....

First check too see how many level 14-16 players there are... if there are PLENTY find where they are mostly hanging out and go there.... if there isnt alot then you will have hard time partying till your level 20X... if theres lots then Skip (A) and go too (B) change your job. or (C)Give it time for ppl too forget how annyoing you are trying too find a party (D)change Servers cause you are one of those ppl that everyone hates...

Originally posted by icyred

I remember play FFXI and level 15 LMAO...... ok well problem #1 with level 15 is if your not a whitemage... you will have difficulty finding a party... Even Odin since alot of ppl are over level 15.... but i cant remember what level but you should be real close too go too Jueno and try too party there... But... if your having troubles its either
    A)there arent lots of level 15 parties anymore
    B)The job you have isnt needed especially as a tank (most ppl like ninja's or warrior/great sub like paladin or ninja.
    C) Or you pissed alot of ppl off on that server or annoy ppl on that server too the point youve been blocked..
    D) you played so horribly as a tank that lots of ppl that level range knows not too play with you
    These are the ONLY reasons that you could not get a party in ODIN....
    First check too see how many level 14-16 players there are... if there are PLENTY find where they are mostly hanging out and go there.... if there isnt alot then you will have hard time partying till your level 20X... if theres lots then Skip (A) and go too (B) change your job. or (C)Give it time for ppl too forget how annyoing you are trying too find a party (D)change Servers cause you are one of those ppl that everyone hates...

Or option E.

People don't realize that population just means you're gonna have a lot of people to talk to.  Sure, Odin has 3 times the people of other servers.  So that means it's gonna have 3 times the warriors.  So you're gonna have to fight a proportional amount of people for the position of getting a party.  

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

Agreed so as a tank... problem is 80% of ppl are tanks... search how many level 15 warriors and paladin and ninjas there are and if theres lots... you have 5% chance of finding a party that arent friends of yours.

Best job for FFXI for parties is WHITEMAGE so if your not a white mage... then yes it would be harder too find a party.

wow thank you guys so much!   i found there is a strange shortage of ninja so i'm going to sub ASAP. but umm lol how do i sub? can i even do that till i'm lvl 30? and no i haven't done a bad job or pissed anyone off (dont talk much) but those are pretty good reasons why no one will party. i checked /anon is turned off i think i'm going to chill till 20 honestly

tabula rasa ftw!!!`

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

You need to start creating your own groups if you wish to not waste time with your flag up. You need to get used to being a PT leader, fail at it several times, get made fun of for your tanking, then finally start to learn from your mistakes. Once you get to that point people will want to be in your parties and you will no longer have issues with getting groups. But most likely you will not listen to that advice and the next time you log in you will immediately put up your flag and run in circles in the dunes pulling gobs and asking for help.

wow alright i can dig it. a little bit of experience in tank ing can't hurt besides i never spend much time in the dunes anyway. lol

tabula rasa ftw!!!`

Originally posted by 9216544

You need to start creating your own groups if you wish to not waste time with your flag up. You need to get used to being a PT leader, fail at it several times, get made fun of for your tanking, then finally start to learn from your mistakes. Once you get to that point people will want to be in your parties and you will no longer have issues with getting groups. But most likely you will not listen to that advice and the next time you log in you will immediately put up your flag and run in circles in the dunes pulling gobs and asking for help.

This is a bit harsh all considering.  He needed some guidance not to be mocked.  You gave advice but then you make an assumption that he's going to ignore it.  If you feel this way, then keep the advice to yourself.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Find your way to Valkurne Dunes and turn on your LFG flag there. I will be shocked if you didn't get a group, and be sure your gear is somewhat up to date such as scale armor and have a decent axe or g.axe. When i'm in the dunes 10-20 I never have to wait more then 10 minutes for an invite on Odin regardless of the time. I've also been in groups where they filled up very quickly and no one seems to care if you have subjob or not from all the groups i've been in so far. The other night i was in a group with a level 10 WAR/ no sub.

I would help you out but my sub just ended today and I need to start making some money again before I play. Just graduated college so I had to go broke for acouple months just to work on my senior project. Anyways goodluck on the grouping.

ya i actually found the dunes last night. i have better equip than scale armor and the stuff quadav's drop and i got picked up by some mages turns out i'm pretty good at tanking, thanks alot guys! ya i kno how it is right after graduation a bunch of my friends a year ahead of me are dealling with the same junk, good luck man

tabula rasa ftw!!!`