Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do if your bandmate sucks?

Italian guitarist stabbed, allegedly for 'sounding evil'

Last Updated: Friday, December 12, 2008 | 11:32 AM ET Comments45Recommend29CBC News

A 16-year-old guitarist with Italian gothic metal band Soul Cry is in hospital after bandmates allegedly stabbed him for not playing well enough.

Police in Genoa say they have arrested the band's 18-year-old female singer and her 16-year-old brother.

The singer has been charged with attempted murder.

Police official Alessandra Bucci told Italian media on Friday the victim had been stabbed about 50 times, mainly in the back and head.

The attack occurred after a rehearsal in Sestri Ponente, a town near Genoa, in which other band members accused him of playing poorly. The singer allegedly told the guitarist he was "sounding evil."

Bucci said a threatening letter, saying "I'm preparing a nice little funeral for you," was sent to the victim just days before the stabbing.

The victim is recovering in hospital, but his life is not in danger.

"The motive — absurd as that is — is apparently that the way my client played his instrument did not satisfy the two," said Giuseppe Maria Muscolo, a lawyer for the victim.

The lead singer said she was trying to stop the victim from committing suicide, but then refused to co-operate with investigators, police said. Her lawyer claims she cannot remember the incident.

Comments

• MampiMampi Member UncommonPosts: 83

Remember kids, don't do drugs

• 701kill701kill Member Posts: 106

that's taking things way too far...

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

that's a really mean thing to do to a bandmate.

i agree with the post above.. maybe they were on drugs.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

They just didn't have the heart to tell him he sucked...   A nice stabbing is far less personal and gets the point across, literally

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

We need more passion like this in todays music industry! More cases like this and we may be able to cull the craptastic "talents" of our modern youth out of the gene pool, before they get signed.

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

We may have to question Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic.

• XemousXemous Member Posts: 255

Got stabbed for "sounding evil" in a gothic band?  Thought that was the point

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987

That is the most metal thing I have heard in a while. I'm sure he'll play much better when he gets out of the hospital.

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."