Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great community, terrible game.

it's a shame because the community that adds to this game makes it almost worth playing in and of itself.  I logged in and before I got out of the first area, I had multiple people asking if I needed help doing anything, needed cash, ships, ect ect.

Best MMO community ever..it's a shame the game was so bad that not many people got into it.

just my two cents.

Comments

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by jakfox

Best MMO community ever..it's a shame the game was so bad that not many people got into it.

*cough* *Splutter*

WHAT?

Where?  Here (where only a handful of people post and we have the occasional visitor)?

Or at the FLS forum?

The FLS community is not good at all.

There are a few decent people there sure - but also a bunch** of absolutely rabid Fanbois.

Not to mention that the moderation at the FLS boards is bad.  Not terrible - but definately on the bad side of good.

A certain mod there has a nasty habit of locking threads based on Fanboi flaming (which is exactly what they want of course)

The community in game is okay depending on which server and nation you pick I guess.

But that's because there are so few of them.

FWIW the French community on Invincible if great right now.  It's just me.

**Note: when I say bunch I mean a couple - the community is very small.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

It's been almost six months since I dropped the game (that long already?), and maybe I am changing things in hindsight, but I too noticed this was one of the best MMO communities I've seen.

Sure, there were the usual rotten apples, and that "no crying in the red circle" business didn't exactly improve things, but there was a certain maturity to the forums that I haven't experienced anywhere else. (Well, to be fair... "Age of Conan"'s forums were censored to such an extent that the portrait of the community you got that way was skewed, and "Warhammer Online" didn't even have forums.)  PotBS's problems lay elsewhere, beginning with a clueless vision and the emergence of a feeling of mutual distrust between players and developers.  FLS did much to foster such a community in beta, I heard, but they certainly did nothing post-release to maintain it.

What surprises me about the OP, however, is that it is posted now, nearly a year after release and after most of the staples of the PotBS community left.  Could the community have actually improved in the meantime?

To Gyrus: Glad to know you are now in a position within the French where you can now quote Louis XIV: "L'État, c'est moi."