Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Best Overall Game

1234568»

Comments

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706
    Originally posted by Abrahmm

Originally posted by Daffid011

World of Warcraft without a single doubt with an honorable mention to Lord of the Rings Online.

There isn't a game on that list that I 
    can think of which would offer me as many game play choices if I 
    were to switch from WoW to that game.  In essence it is like losing options even if I 
    did find that new game more fun, the truth would still be that overall it had less things to offer in comparison.
    That is why I think overall World of Warcraft has no real competition that I have experienced.  That isn't to say there are not some fine games on that list, but in comparison WoW offers far more overall activities.

Just my $.02

I find this kind of funny, as I find WoW incredibly restricting when compared to my favorite game, SWG(pre-NGE)

Uhh..My absolute favourite mmo is Anarchy Online. It's still a joke compared to WoW.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by StarDagger

Popularity doesn't equal quality, I think the last 8 years has illustrated that quite well.

S*D

You don't even have to look to popularity, review scores, awards, all point towards WoW as the game to beat in terms of quality.

Popularity has nothing to do with it.  Even Eve is a better game than Wow, just because it is a bit hardcore compared to others does not exclude it from consideration.  Let's face it Wow is getting a bit long in the tooth despite the expansions.  They have really added nothing new at all lately.  I would even vote for Lotro over Wow.

WoW is not only more popular than EVE, it received Higher review scores, more awards, more recognition and more sales.

• Conrad_MaxConrad_Max Member Posts: 1

I voted for Everquest Online Adventures. This game is the first console (PS2) MMORPG ever. It has been around since February 2003 and has a very dedicated and loyal fan base.

After five years, many of its players would like to see a sequel issued for the PS3. Most prefer playing on a console rather than a computer for the sheer simplicity of the game when compared to it's PC counterparts. No upgrades of hardware are required to play when an update is released. A sequel to EQOA would make the already good game even better.

Whole Familys play the game. Including my own. 

EQOA has a vast playing field. 500 square miles. Many races and classes. We all hope that there is more to come. W win as the Best Overall Game for 2008 will mean much to EQOA players.  Their five years of dedication will be finally recognized and hopefully more people would join us in the game. The more people, the better the chance of that hoped for sequel.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

• StarDaggerStarDagger Member Posts: 135

Are you really defending WoW against EVE, I am just trying to imagine such a thing happening in reality, lol.

There is more complexity found in character creation in EVE than in all of WoW.  Ponder this.

LOL,

S*D

• Eternal-MasterEternal-Master Member Posts: 11

For me, this was easy once I gave it some thought. EverQuest (first one) gave me the best gaming experience I've ever had in any MMO so far (...well there was Diablo2 but... well anyway, not on the list).

No other MMO game really comes close to giving me the same satisfaction for playing it so... easy decission.

There are no rules for this, so I did not include games/expansions I haven't played into my final decission. But, that means I'm thinking of the EverQuest that doesn't exist anymore (apparently), which some may say as unfair. So, my other choice for this would be, Warhammer.

Bah, can't believe I did this big writeup thing here, not like anybody cares, sheesh.

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

When will the 2008 awards be announced?  Did I miss it?

• silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381

The results were viewable for the last few days but have now disappeared. LoTRO won with 12% with WoW coming in second place at 11%.

• AshleyRiot77AshleyRiot77 Member Posts: 1

dammit n how could Requiem just got 1,7% ?

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Are you really defending WoW against EVE, I am just trying to imagine such a thing happening in reality, lol.
    There is more complexity found in character creation in EVE than in all of WoW.  Ponder this.

LOL,
    S*D

What the hell are you smoking? It doesnt matter what your character look like cause you can't exit your ship. Granted Eve got a load of ships that got different looks, but WoW got a shitload of weapons and armor that look different. Want complex character customization go play CoX. Make a joke of both Eve and WoW characters without even trying. To say Eve got more complex character customization than WoW is wrong though.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by slask777

LOL,
    S*D

What the hell are you smoking? It doesnt matter what your character look like cause you can't exit your ship. Granted Eve got a load of ships that got different looks, but WoW got a shitload of weapons and armor that look different. Want complex character customization go play CoX. Make a joke of both Eve and WoW characters without even trying. To say Eve got more complex character customization than WoW is wrong though.

I think what stardagger meant was not graphical customization but actual character/skill customization.  Eve definitely does have way more skill customization than every MMO...with Anarchy Online being probably the only exception.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

LOL,
    S*D

Eh no there isn't, and complexity =/= quality. A simple game can be better than a complex game, and vice versa ofcourse.