Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Best Overall Game

Comments

• UtahJazzManUtahJazzMan Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Kasper1988

Another vote for StarQuest Online

Sandbox = FUN

SQO for me too ! 

• TniceTnice Member Posts: 563

Warhammer of course.  What else could possibly be better than RvR?

• TniceTnice Member Posts: 563
    Originally posted by Rawiz

Voted WoW, now flame me like usual!

Noob

• jaeger1jaeger1 Member Posts: 12

I'm a Regnum junkieeeeee!

Has my vote!

• FinbarFinbar Member UncommonPosts: 187

Up to a few weeks ago I would have said EQ2. But they added Micro- Transactions AKA "easy mode". So now I am not sure. I guess either EQ1 simply for all the bench marks it set, or ... WAR because its the only game that came out in 2008 that was worth its salt (and has crazy-mad potential). LOTRO is a nice post card, but unfortunatly it only takes me 1 min to read all the content of a post card (its pretty but thats about all). VG could have been outstanding but the game just lacks the backing to make it what it should be and SOE is much more focused on new money to be bothered with improving old content in any real and meaningful way. Verant, Sigil, ... all these great companies ruined by SOE (but... thats another story).

Tough question. Actually kind of a simplistic and under thought-out question. In fact the poll itself is poorly arranged. But since I am here and since I got nothing better to do, thats my 2 cents.

WAR for the win.

FINBAR
    -------------------------------------------

• MixxathonMixxathon Member UncommonPosts: 28

Originally posted by Zorndorf

Of course it's World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. 3 simple reasons.

You will soon find, the reasons are far from simple.

-The best MMORPG score EVER given to an MMORPG expansion on ALL professional reviews combined. 93%.

Yeah, that convinces me. Now I truly believe that this game is The Best. Completely gone from my mind is all the evidence of paid off reviewers. I do not need someone to tell me a game is good. I can make up my own mind. You should try it, and stop trusting all those "professional" reviewers, who actually does all the reviewing to make money. Hence Professional.

- New techniques used - that were never used before in MMORPG's.

It costed 200 million dollars to develop and maintain it in the last 3 years and you can feel it in every inch of Nothrend.

It took 3 years? Why? No, I could not feel the 200 millions while grinding myself through "Nothrend", nor could I understand where all those thousands of manhours went in the production. Sorry. You know, I have found out why diehard wow:ers spaz out to WotLK's supposedly Greatly Improved Qualities. They are simply not used to anything better, and ANY improvement, even if it's only new wallpaper in the candystore, is a revolution for them.

Rest of the Fantasy stuff is a laugh compared to the World .... and the World of 11.000.000 PAYING subscribers agree.

Oh, I was not at all convinced before, but now that I know there are 11 millions... paying!... customers, I can safely join the flock, blend in, be one of the herd. I have a need of reassurance, and feel very insecure, when I am playing a game having considerably less... paying!... customers, just as I would wearing clothes not featured in the latest teen mags. Or NOT! You know about "Lowest Common Denominator"? You do? And you call that "Good"?! Oh, my!

The guys pushing LotrO are the real joke in town these days. Ever even heard of smooth animation ?

LOTRO, you say? You are implying that LOTRO does not have smooth animation? Or are you just saying that persons liking LOTRO are so uneducated as to have never heard of the term "smooth amnimation"? The last time I looked, smooth animation needed a rig that could handle it. with todays high graphical standards, every game worth admirind for it's graphics, needs a pretty powerful system to run on. I don't know how to tell you this but, WoW does not a powerful PC need. Ergo, WoW is not a beautiful game woth admiring. LOTRO is. Period!

64 % marketshare in the westen market and still mmorpg.com are blinded by hate.

No, MMORPG.COM is not a site populated entirely by sheep and paid yes-sayers. It is a site that lives in it's forii (fora? forums? Not a native english speaker, sorry) and therefore it contains the voices of the gamers themselves, not the Corporate Voice. The reason you do not see much WoW love here might be, oh this will be good, that those who actually love WoW are, on the average, too young to actually have an opinion beyond "OMGROTFLURPWD!". Wich leads to you, who seems to have an opinion... Should you not play a game for grownups instead? :) You take the word "Hate" too lightly to be THAT grownup though...

MMORPG.COM became a joke of itself these days.

Nope, I do not agree. I actually love this place. On the other hand, I love both humor and jokes too, so maybe it is a marriage made in heaven? Oh you meant "joke" as in something bad, worth ridicule, or perhaps worthless? If that is the case, you will have a serious hard time growing up and facing a harsh reality. In the real world we need to accept other peoples opinions without belittling them, or we will be eradicated (or PWND!). I could just as easily let your little post slip through that crack, but something in your tone..... I'll make an exception for you :D

Keep it real y'all.

Oh, and LOTRO FTW!

• PiquedramPiquedram Member Posts: 127

damn, go Mixxaton

I too agree LotrO is better than WoW, but my personal preference goes to Ryzom still. Great game, why? :

- mostly great community,

- bit dated graphics but (in its own way of course, comparing pears to apples here) they beat WoW's, hehe. 

- Freedom to create your own actions and instances,

- crafting system that plays easy but still allows loads of tweaking for more advanced players,

- classless system but with so many levels to gain that not everyone is maxed in everything, so no 2 characters are the same

- meaningful harvesting system that's more than just "click and wait for bag to fill"

- mix of fantasy and sci-fi

- new owners are about to get the game back up to speed with bug fixes and small patches, after which they'll move on to content patches.

- ... i could go on...

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Sadly, WoW got no competition. While personal taste differs, it's the most polished game out there, offering gameplay for both the casual and hardcore and everyone in between. It's ability to draw the masses even after 4+ years deserve a mention aswell. So my vote go to Blizzard this time. I'm not playing any mmo at the moment though. None of them interest me anymore, even the old ones fail to grab my attention. Think I need a good break from everything mmo...

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• d0n0d0n0 Member Posts: 123

woa! did not see Ultima online till I realized the list was not on alphabetical order :)

There is no knowledge that is no power.

• SameoSameo Member Posts: 2

I've noticed a lot of people choosing LOTRO... Lotro is a very fun game, and it's also the closest thing in the last 9 years to what Everquest used to be (they aren't that close, but they share some qualities that no other game has picked up on). If this poll was about the best MMO Game overall (doesn't matter what time period patch wise) my vote goes to EQ hands down. But for 2008 and not 2000 hehe, it's LOTRO's day.

bonus message; lotro's dev's read their feedback

• TransporterTransporter Member Posts: 245

I have noticed AoC getting a lot of votes. Looking forward to get to read the results.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by Mixxathon
    *stuffs*

ymmd. Thank you.

• F2PMMOF2PMMO Member UncommonPosts: 122

EVE

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by slask777

Sadly, WoW got no competition. While personal taste differs, it's the most polished game out there, offering gameplay for both the casual and hardcore <snip>

It's beyond casual now.

• StarDaggerStarDagger Member Posts: 135

EVE.

The PhD of PC Gaming and the sovereign Queen of MMOs.  Wins every year for a reason.

I will even go so far as to predict that it will win next year, in several categories that it hasnt been in.  See you in 12 months and another win :)

Yours in Caldari Plasma,

Star*Dagger

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by StarDagger

EVE.

The PhD of PC Gaming and the sovereign Queen of MMOs.  Wins every year for a reason.
    I will even go so far as to predict that it will win next year, in several categories that it hasnt been in.  See you in 12 months and another win :)

Yours in Caldari Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

True, CCP asks its players on the main website to sign up here and vote for EVE every year.

MMORPG.COM calls it the mmorpg.com awards but in reality the awards aren't picked by mmorpg.com's community, they are picked by EVE Online's community.

mmorpg.com might as well hosts the awards on eve-online.com

• MasterXtremeMasterXtreme Member Posts: 2

Haz voted! Regnum Online!

youtube.com/watch (Video)

Bye!

Originally posted by Gameloading

EVE.

Yours in Caldari Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

True, CCP asks its players on the main website to sign up here and vote for EVE every year.

MMORPG.COM calls it the mmorpg.com awards but in reality the awards aren't picked by mmorpg.com's community, they are picked by EVE Online's community.

mmorpg.com might as well hosts the awards on eve-online.com

I am sure ccp would allow that!!

Now get down into 0.0 where the REAL pvp in MMOs is found!

S*D

• dpdilldpdill Member Posts: 26

The list of games is way to long!  But atleast a little game called WoW was on the list to vote for.  :)  Love it or Hate it Wow still leads the pack.

Popularity doesn't equal quality, I think the last 8 years has illustrated that quite well.

S*D

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

World of Warcraft without a single doubt with an honorable mention to Lord of the Rings Online.

There isn't a game on that list that I 

can think of which would offer me as many game play choices if I 

were to switch from WoW to that game.  In essence it is like losing options even if I 

did find that new game more fun, the truth would still be that overall it had less things to offer in comparison.

That is why I think overall World of Warcraft has no real competition that I have experienced.  That isn't to say there are not some fine games on that list, but in comparison WoW offers far more overall activities.

Just my $.02

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Popularity doesn't equal quality, I think the last 8 years has illustrated that quite well.

S*D

You don't even have to look to popularity, review scores, awards, all point towards WoW as the game to beat in terms of quality.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Gameloading

S*D

You don't even have to look to popularity, review scores, awards, all point towards WoW as the game to beat in terms of quality.

Popularity has nothing to do with it.  Even Eve is a better game than Wow, just because it is a bit hardcore compared to others does not exclude it from consideration.  Let's face it Wow is getting a bit long in the tooth despite the expansions.  They have really added nothing new at all lately.  I would even vote for Lotro over Wow.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by Daffid011

World of Warcraft without a single doubt with an honorable mention to Lord of the Rings Online.

were to switch from WoW to that game.  In essence it is like losing options even if I 
    did find that new game more fun, the truth would still be that overall it had less things to offer in comparison.
    That is why I think overall World of Warcraft has no real competition that I have experienced.  That isn't to say there are not some fine games on that list, but in comparison WoW offers far more overall activities.

Just my $.02

I find this kind of funny, as I find WoW incredibly restricting when compared to my favorite game, SWG(pre-NGE)

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Abrahmm

Originally posted by Daffid011

Just my $.02

I find this kind of funny, as I find WoW incredibly restricting when compared to my favorite game, SWG(pre-NGE)

That is strange since SOE has done nothing but convert SWG from a sandbox game into a straight out WoW clone in space.  Everyone has their personal preferences, but that doesn't really change the options.