Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time Cards/Game Activation

RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64

Ok I haven't activated my copy of Tabula Rasa yet, though I need to use a time card/credit card to do so. However, the  box says I'm supposed to be getting the first month for free, and by the time that expires/the money on my time card activates, the game actually WILL be free for everyone.

What I'm wondering is, if I activate the game within the next day or two using my time card, but play free for a month, once the game actually becomes free, will the unused funds on my time card be available to use on other NC Soft games or have I basically wasted it?  And if I can use it on other games, is there an expiry date on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by Randycat

Ok I haven't activated my copy of Tabula Rasa yet, though I need to use a time card/credit card to do so. However, the  box says I'm supposed to be getting the first month for free, and by the time that expires/the money on my time card activates, the game actually WILL be free for everyone.
    What I'm wondering is, if I activate the game within the next day or two using my time card, but play free for a month, once the game actually becomes free, will the unused funds on my time card be available to use on other NC Soft games or have I basically wasted it?  And if I can use it on other games, is there an expiry date on this?
    Thanks!

Ok don't use your credit card!, if you got the game key, just use that,( it should let you play without a credit card) your time card can be used on other ncsoft games, such as lineage I or II or what everelse they got that uses time cards, should even work on Aion, provided you also own the game/s of course, I was in the same boat as you last week with TR, game will run without credit cards, warning if you use your credit card , you might still get charged for sub, so don't use it, you don't need to, not even for ID.

just use the game key and it should tell you on/in your Ncsoft account if it's PLAYABLE,( it will say this) and yes you will need to set up you Ncsoft account, but should not need your credit card for any of it.

Hope this helps.

• RandycatRandycat Member Posts: 64

I don't have a credit card so I definitely won't be using one :) The game box says though that I have to activate it with either that or a time card...and I know when I bought City of Heroes it wouldn't let me play with just the activation code, I had to go out and get a time card too (even though the first month was free).

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Randycat

I don't have a credit card so I definitely won't be using one :) The game box says though that I have to activate it with either that or a time card...and I know when I bought City of Heroes it wouldn't let me play with just the activation code, I had to go out and get a time card too (even though the first month was free).

You might want to ask this question to NCSoft support.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I went to my PlayNC account and clicked reactivate account to see what happens, my TR account reactivated without charge until Feb 28, 2009! I haven't played in over half a year though. I thought it's F2P on Jan 10th.

Anyways I logged in, checked out the zones and some changes, a bit improved with graphics and interface but too little too late and I haven't stumbled across another player yet, it's sooooo quiet at least on Orion.