Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are tired of VaporWare..

BearShammyBearShammy Member Posts: 240

Ok, so it's not first time DF has postponed their game, Alpha, Beta or whatever you want to call it. I warn you right now for this hype. Lay back and wait for word on how this game is doing. This stuff just simply does not hold what it promises. The GD of DF also have several fiascos on his trackrecord so why is this different... Don't fall for the hype MMO buds. Don't fall for the hype.

Comments

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Well, since I'm bored atm, I might as well post in another useless thread...

Why even bother Bear, let those that wait..wait. If you don't want to wait, or believe, fine.

The futility of my own post just equals the uselessness of your thread, since there are a ton of these exact "discussions" here already. But I guess you got what you wanted since I responded, so GG buddy.

• BearShammyBearShammy Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

Why even bother Bear, let those that wait..wait. If you don't want to wait, or believe, fine.
    The futility of my own post just equals the uselessness of your thread, since there are a ton of these exact "discussions" here already. But I guess you got what you wanted since I responded, so GG buddy.

Well lets keep it rolling. The DF boys should not be allowed to scam our community.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

In that, you speak nothing but the truth. I can see now where you're going with this, and I hope it helps.

No sarcasm this time

• ShanesanShanesan Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by BearShammy

Ok, so it's not first time DF has postponed their game, Alpha, Beta or whatever you want to call it. I warn you right now for this hype. Lay back and wait for word on how this game is doing. This stuff just simply does not hold what it promises. The GD of DF also have several fiascos on his trackrecord so why is this different... Don't fall for the hype MMO buds. Don't fall for the hype.

Well, all I can say is Aventurine hasn't really given too many "promises" except for "COMING 2008" which is really now "January 22 2009" which, in leniency, is close enough.

So we'll see. I'm excited, but I still know a bad game when I play one.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

I really am tired of these fortune tellers.

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

I, along with most here, hope Darkfall is everything it promises to be. It looks like an amazing game, finally a game UO and SWG refugees can call 'home'.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst. Same as with Mourning, Dark & Light, Roma Victor, and too many others to mention.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Well lets keep it rolling. The DF boys should not be allowed to scam our community.

/sigh another one...

This is really boring .

Once for for the guys on the short bus...

You have given Aventurine no money.

You can see the game before you buy the game.

There obviously is no scam.

They have no obligation to you.

They have to only meet their own targets and dates.

Those that support and anticipate DF hurt noone. We only want to talk about the game.

The fail of DF can only mean less grassroots niche developers, and less diversity and passion in game design.

There is no crusade to be fought here, only useless trolling.

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Scaredgirl

Originally posted by aleos

I really am tired of these fortune tellers.

This guy is a AoC fanboi who for some reason decided to come troll DF forums.

Much like you trolling the AoC forum then?

I do hope for the fans of darkfall that it succeeds, all MMO's should have success imo as that will increase the competition on others to make even better games, and better games in the end makes us the players benefit from it.

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• nileqnileq Member Posts: 476

HOLY COW!!! 

BearShammy???!!! 

THANKYOU!! 

I have nothing clever to say.

• SoundbyteSoundbyte Member Posts: 109

an obvious ex-AoC player telling us about his good judgement in games. priceless...

• mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

ZOMG they said "darkfall coming 2008" and the actual release date is 22 days after 2008, WTF THEY SCAMMED US! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

Yay let's all hope that coming MMo's fail so that one day we will have nothing more to bitch about.

It does make me laugh when ppl hate on a game a GAME, lol good god some ppl need a reality check.

I am skeptical but i am not a hater, nor a lover just wish it would release already so we can onto the next batch of Bashing, which will prolly turn out something like OMGODZOR it LAGZOR like CRAPZOR or whatever lame ass half baked comment these retards like to make.

I say let em be, you like your shit they like there's, i never seen any of them telling you to come and smell it.

For the Haters get a grip and for the Lovers Enjoy.     ( Aimed at all new games not just DF )

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • LukePlumberLukePlumber Member Posts: 74

YOU SCAMMED ME, GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!!!... oh wait, what money?

• CalamarCalamar Member Posts: 116

My problem with Darkfall is still the lack of concrete info.

I have been following this game on and off for a few years already, after hearing they have a launch date I said to myself "Let's have a look at its final features".

I just checked their website just now, after a looong time without doing it, and hasn't changed much. The only information I could find about skills (for example) it is a post on forums with fans guessing things from old/new interviews/released info. Number of skills go from than 100 to 1000, varying with each source. Let alone finding something about how they work.

I can't help but realize that we have the same info always had but nothing concrete yet.

Following this game has been to me like the old "Carrot on a stick" thing but instead of a carrot, a paper with a picture of one glued to the stick with  a  "this is what you will get and the end of the road" written in it.

Bah.. Either way in two months we will see what happen at the end of the road.

a. The one I would like: The biggest tasty Carrot on the world.

b. A rotten Carrot. time does nasty things to carrots.

c. Another stick&paper and a new road to walk.

Edit: I am not english (and my english is not good either) so I bet a lot of grammar things are wrong.  Feel free to point them so I can edit for clarity of post.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Calamar

My problem with Darkfall is still the lack of concrete info.
    I have been following this game on and off for a few years already, after hearing they have a launch date I said to myself "Let's have a look at its final features".
    I just checked their website just now, after a looong time without doing it, and hasn't changed much. The only information I could find about skills (for example) it is a post on forums with fans guessing things from old/new interviews/released info. Number of skills go from than 100 to 1000, varying with each source. Let alone finding something about how they work.
    I can't help but realize that we have the same info always had but nothing concrete yet.
    Following this game has been to me like the old "Carrot on a stick" thing but instead of a carrot, a paper with a picture of one glued to the stick with  a  "this is what you will get and the end of the road" written in it.
    Bah.. Either way in two months we will see what happen at the end of the road.
    a. The one I would like: The biggest tasty Carrot on the world.
    b. A rotten Carrot. time does nasty things to carrots.
    c. Another stick&paper and a new road to walk.
     Edit: I am not english (and my english is not good either) so I bet a lot of grammar things are wrong.  Feel free to point them so I can edit for clarity of post.

Yeah, I have no Idea why they don't update the website. I mean they have given us tons of new info but seem to never update there website with it lol.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/169533

The link above has a post of mine with Dev Journal 16 on up. Information they put out in 2007 and 2008. Has links to a lot more as well.

Info is out there just not organised  like  it should be.

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219

You know i will say something....i only read these forums to pass the time and to find some funny things....but i dont see a point on telling people something sucks or whatever because no matter how good the game will be there has to be haters if there wasn't then i don't know wouldnt that be weird?

• RadiickRadiick Member Posts: 94

I have no idea why I am posting here besides being totally bored!

I am like the state of Missouri:  "The Show-Me State"..I will belive it when I see it......after 7 long years of promises, beta invites in October that never happened, then the November ones that never happened, then now the suppose release date in January 2009 without full implementation of an open beta.......just wonder how the "fanboys" in here will come up with excuses again when they announce yet another delay?

This is the game that nobody seems to know anyone that knows anyone that may know someone that has actually played the game kinda thing...............I wish the best for this game and it it has to offer but I am sick and tired of playing "the waiting" game and constantly reading how amazing this game will be when no one can actuallty claim they have played the game........150k people registered on the Official DK Forums and 1 million in here and yet no one has played it officially yet?  Bah..Humbug...........I now move on to more important matters.......

Its worse to actually think about doing something then actually doing it!!!

• thirdechelonthirdechelon Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by vesavius

/sigh another one...

This is really boring .

Those that support and anticipate DF hurt noone. We only want to talk about the game.

The fail of DF can only mean less grassroots niche developers, and less diversity and passion in game design.

The point of people 'trolling' the DF forums is to criticise the game, if there was nothing to critiicise there would be no trolls. I've been anti-DF for while now, pretty much because the developers are way too quiet on the game, they keep setting dates and nothing ever happens. The whole vaporware argument popped up because the devs released no info on the game for years, 2003-2007 handful of screenshots. They promised A LOT remember that.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by thirdechelon

/sigh another one...

This is really boring .

The point of people 'trolling' the DF forums is to criticise the game, if there was nothing to critiicise there would be no trolls. I've been anti-DF for while now, pretty much because the developers are way too quiet on the game, they keep setting dates and nothing ever happens. The whole vaporware argument popped up because the devs released no info on the game for years, 2003-2007 handful of screenshots. They promised A LOT remember that.

if there was nothing to critiicise there would be no trolls

This isn't exactly true, people will complain for the sake of complaining. Granted between 2003 - 2007 they did not put out a lot of info, so ok I will give you that there was a reason between 2003 - 2007. In 2007 the info started rolling in, 2008 it has picked up a lot of speed. So the reason for the Vaporware argument lost validation a while ago.

And yes, they missed some goals they had set for themselve's good thing they never promised any hard dates huh lol. The only thing that anyone can remotely say they missed that they "Promised" was the 2008 launch date, and of course it will be in Jan. 22 2009. The horror.

They haven't promised much at all to be honest.

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

Two words I would like taken out of Darkfall discussion: Vaporware, and Troll, and any combination thereof. It would make these threads much more civil, although probably not as entertaining.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• SomniferousSomniferous Member Posts: 153
    Originally posted by dalevi1

Two words I would like taken out of Darkfall discussion: Vaporware, and Troll, and any combination thereof. It would make these threads much more civil, although probably not as entertaining.

The reasons for this is speculation on a game we have very little information on.

This all ends on Jan 22, 2009, or when they drop the NDA.

You will not be "trolling" if you say, this is how x feature works in DF and it sucks, because I played it. Right now you are trolling because no one knows how x feature will work, so you're just making it up.

Obviously it won't be vaporware any more once it releases, so that problem is solved.

Right now, both trolls and vaporware claims are valid, since everyone is pulling things out of their butts, and there is no real information on the game.

• arkady09arkady09 Member Posts: 245

What? Only FUNCOM is allowed to lie cheat and steal? No way!?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

/sigh another one...

This is really boring .

The point of people 'trolling' the DF forums is to criticise the game, if there was nothing to critiicise there would be no trolls.

I'm sorry, but thats a very naive thing to think.

The vast majority of posts around here stopped being about DF a long time ago. They are dressed up as DF posts sure, but it dosent take a pyschologist to see what motivates the hateboys. 

I've been anti-DF for while now, pretty much because the developers are way too quiet on the game...

Eh?

You actually admit to being 'anti-DF' because Aventurine didnt meet you expectations of how much they should talk to you?

Not based on the game itself, what the company is trying to achieve as an indie, or what it represents to grassroots niche gaming?

Man, thats a thin reason to be 'pretty much anti' anything...

You honestly want this game to fail because you feel that the devs 'ignored' you?

I ask that again, because it boggles me tbh...

Tell me, as an adult, why would I take you at all seriously as a poster ever again after admitting that?

• SomniferousSomniferous Member Posts: 153

/sigh another one...

This is really boring .

The point of people 'trolling' the DF forums is to criticise the game, if there was nothing to critiicise there would be no trolls.

I'm sorry, but thats a very naive thing to think.

The vast majority of posts around here stopped being about DF a long time ago. They are dressed up as DF posts sure, but it dosent take a pyschologist to see what motivates the hateboys. 

I've been anti-DF for while now, pretty much because the developers are way too quiet on the game...

Eh?

You actually admit to being 'anti-DF' because Aventurine didnt meet you expectations of how much they should talk to you?

Not based on the game itself, what the company is trying to achieve as an indie, or what it represents to grassroots niche gaming?

Man, thats a thin reason to be 'pretty much anti' anything...

You honestly want this game to fail because you feel that the devs 'ignored' you?

I ask that again, because it boggles me tbh...

Tell me, as an adult, why would I take you at all seriously as a poster ever again after admitting that?

That's not the way I interpreted his post. I did not think he was saying, I'm insulted becasue the developers don't send me personal emails about the game and give me enough attention, and therefore I'm critical about teh game.

I read his post to mean, the DF developers have not given me enough detailed information about the game play mechanics, and I am not willing to simply take their word that these game play mechanics will be good, therefore I am criticizing the game.

Sort of like you said, I'm going to open a restaurant, and it will have really good food, and someone asked, what's going to be on the menu exactly? And the reply was, excellent food, the best ever. Some gourmet food, some not so gourmet food, very different from other restaruants, but very good.

Some people might say, well, they will probably serve excellent steaks there, and I love steak, so I can't wait to go (like the posters that are sure this game will be exactly like Darktide). Others might say, well, they'll probably serve Indian food, adn thats' to spicy for me, I'm sure I won't like it. I asked them if they will serve Indian food, and they said, well we've told you already we will have excellent cuisine, and that should be enough, you'll just have to wait until we open. that confirms it for me, they will definitely be an Indian restaruant.

• CalamarCalamar Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Yeah, I have no Idea why they don't update the website. I mean they have given us tons of new info but seem to never update there website with it lol.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/169533
    The link above has a post of mine with Dev Journal 16 on up. Information they put out in 2007 and 2008. Has links to a lot more as well.
    Info is out there just not organised  like  it should be.

Thanks for the link GrayGhost79. 

Haven't read it yet (only a fast look while I work), but looks like it is what I was looking for.

My post had a negative part but nothing would make me happier than playing Darkfall in two months (and that it turns into a great game).

This discussion has been closed.