Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this game really blew up in their faces?

WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Never knew alot about this game, but wow, several lawsuits against the dev's, game shut down in under a year i hear, highly anticipated, but an extreme disappointment?

If only all dev's who made bad games got in this kind of trouble, we might actually have a good mmo out on the market eh? :P

Think Darkfall will have a similar err, outcome?

Comments

• rageagainstrageagainst Member Posts: 618
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Never knew alot about this game, but wow, several lawsuits against the dev's, game shut down in under a year i hear, highly anticipated, but an extreme disappointment?
    If only all dev's who made bad games got in this kind of trouble, we might actually have a good mmo out on the market eh? :P

maybe please don't judge before the trial

When I'm energetic I'm:

When I'm at default I'm:

WHITE/BLUE

Lol according to this I'm bipolar :O

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by rageagainst

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

maybe please don't judge before the trial

They've had court trials already. Keep up.

Edit: Or were you talking about Darkfall?

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284

As long as DarkFall allows potential subbers to try before buying, they will avoid being in the same class as the D&L guys.  DF has already said they will let you demo the game, so all they have to do is keep that promise and then the worst they could be is in the same class as AutoAssault (crappy game that went nowhere quick).

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Hey so I was right about Darkfall guys :D

• EnahowaeEnahowae Member Posts: 59

Nope.  DnL makes DF look ultra-polished by comparison, and the college students at Aventurine look professional compared to NP3.  I know, it's hard to imagine, but I remember just how bad DnL was.

Played: UO, SWG Pre-CU (until 11/16/05), Various F2P's
    Playing: GW
    Awaiting: WAR, DF
    Never played: WoW

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

Its true: Darkfall is a MUCH better game than Dark and Light.

But thats kind of like saying that its better to be punched in the face than kicked in the balls. Neither game is any good and both developers are lying douchebags.

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

Not sure how DnL got compared to Darkfall or Any mmo to be honest,

I was there waiting for my key for DnL and it was the biggest pike of crap ever to surface, mainly becuase Nothing worked.

Darkfall had and has it probs and again I was on release day and I am no longer playing, but its still playable.

maybe Op should not try comparing DnL to any Mmo as they used a gardening program for the terrain (kinda)

• LarsidousLarsidous Member Posts: 1

My first post here..lol

Basically, I had to say, I am a sucker for games I guess. First I got hammered in a game called Dransik (Ashen Empire now I think), then I went for and got DnL, prepaid Pioneer account, and then Hellgate: London.

I remember the term from Hellgate as, "You've been Flagshipped" from that disaster..lol

But in short, after being taken advantage of by 3 different games for what I guess is called vaporware, I no longer prebuy any game.  It just is not worth the headache.

One thing I took from DnL was the ability to fly on a dragon and explore, Pix kicked butt on that, and coupled with the music score..heavenly. But thats just me.

I wish I had the music from DnL.

Peace

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Larsidous

But in short, after being taken advantage of by 3 different games for what I guess is called vaporware, I no longer prebuy any game.  It just is not worth the headache.

I think that is a lesson a LOT of us have had to learn the hard way. Game developers just can't be trusted these days.

I got screwed by an MMO called Shadowbane. Screwed BAD. Not only did I pre-order the game, but I pre-ordered it through GameStop with one of their "free beta account with pre-order" deals. They didn't give me my beta account and wouldn't let me cancel the pre-order either after the beta was over. So I got screwed double on that one. But the worst part was that Shadowbane itself was a total piece of crap. Easily the most unstable and unfinished game ever made (until DnL stole that title from it a few years later). However, money isn't everything. The thing which hurt the worst was that my guild had spent two years waiting for Shadowbane and expecting it to be a great game, then it totally let us down. I can always earn more money but I will never have those two years of my life back. That is why I will never forgive the creators of Shadowbane or make the same mistake of trusting another game developer again.

I knew better when Dark and Light came along. I also pre-ordered with their "pioneer" non-sense. But I got a refund VERY FAST when it became apparent the game wasn't what was promised. I actually got my refund after one of the moderators on the forum banned me for sending him a PM telling him what a shitty job he was doing. When the "customer support" staff isn't even located in the same country as the game they are working on (or even working for the same company for that matter) its pretty clear something is up. Not to mention the game was crap too. I got out from under that disaster at the very last minute. Not too long after I got my refund was when they started refusing to give any more refunds. And things only got worse from there.

I was even quicker on the draw when AoC came along. I insisted on getting into the beta (for FREE this time, no pre-order scams) and after playing I could tell the game was not what the developers had promised. All the other beta testers saw that the game wasn't ready for release and we all tried to warn the developers and the public but nobody listened. Now we get to say "I told you so" to everyone who ignored us during beta.

Anyway, now that you have had the experience of being screwed by game developers like I have you will go through the rest of your life with your "eyes open" so to speak. You won't be letting any other game developers ever take advantage of you again, will you? Sooner or later everyone is going to learn that game developers can't be trusted and then what will they do? I guess they will have to clean up their act and start making good games again.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

With all the bad i must say i miss the game.  The world was amazing, snow that want just a color you walked on..  I remember loging in one day and there was a lake, in a few days it froze, and you would walk on it..  The view from the top of a mountain.  clouds below you.. the size of the world...  yes ive been drinking .  It could have been so good, ef you Farlan or who ever was the responsible company ( atm i dont remember)

/shake fist

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington