Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EARTH AND BEYOND 2

1235»

Comments

• ArkiyaArkiya Member Posts: 2

I'm another one of those that played from beta until it was shut down. I loved the evolving storyline, an idea that sadly many MMOs still avoid - it made the universe feel alive. If it were true, as irritated as I am with EA, I'd play the sequel without a moment's hesitation.

• Croix427Croix427 Member Posts: 1

Dunno about a sequel, but the Emulator is bringin this game back ! This game won't ever die I'm telling ya.

I forsee the Mighty hand of the Progen unifying the 3 races to bring down that which was un-conquerable! Let missile launchers. lazers, and projectile cannons aim true at our shared enemies! All invading Vri'x must die! To war!

Procounsel Croix

• AvatarofLokiAvatarofLoki Member Posts: 1

Honestly, my fondest memories of the game involved the story and how willing the community was to allow themselves to be immersed within it. 

I spent countless days arguing the moral ramifications of corporate owned 'slave-clones' with 'Liberation Activists'...listened to daily debates on whether we should try to peacefully communicate with the V'rix or light them up like candles...and I even spent an evening or two taking part in a 'Bogeril Re-Education' program designed to reintroduce our less educated cousins into the modern world.  And in between it all I could read player made Net-7 stories of increased tensions between the races, 'unconfirmed' V'rix attacks, and even stock reports about how key mineral shortages were hindering the Progen ammo supplies and holding back their war machine. 

Mechanically the game was alright if not a little light.  Content-wise, they really had some work ahead of them.  Balance-wise, wow I cannot imagine the difficulty of that task.  I mean there is no reason to look back with rose-colored glasses on the whole affair.

But in the department of atmosphere, storyline, and overall creation of a setting people could get behind and make themselves a part of...well, that was their bread and butter in my opinion.

-TT Lang, Galileo Server

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Well i miss E&B too.  This is one game i really liked playing.  However if they make a sequel, i hope EA aint going to be part of it.  At shutting down games, no one's beat them.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I miss my level 135 Terran Trader.

• NuichNuich Member UncommonPosts: 123

Hey Folks,

I miss EnB also, that's why I got to searching around and found out about the emulator that has been in development for several years now. These folks have really done an outstanding job on this thing. It has a non-supported Single Player portion that anyone can play and they have the multi-player in CB right now. They have had several stress tests already and OB hopefully is going to happen this year.

I have been having a blast in the single player portion, it felt sooo good to log back into the universe again. If you feel like it head on over to http://forum.enb-emulator.com and register. With a little patience you could be playing around in the single player game in a short time. Now the Single Player game is in no way a complete game and if you play in the admin mode you can add all kinds of mobs and other stuff in there to enhance your fun.

Good luck if you decide to head over there.

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Originally posted by RazorX

Electronic Arts.....
    "Cancel Everything!"

I am also dissapointed at EA and their mmos record.  I also liked e and b.  I think EA being a public company makes these closing decisions based on profit/loss and actions they take to minimize loss.   I personally Love EA and have to respect them.  First game I ever played was EA starflight in 81 and admire their long standing and recommend their stock regularly (depending on where its at).  Space MMO?  I did hear that was Blizzards secret mmo being announced at E3.  Starcraft style mmo.  Anyone confirm this?  Thanks.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• rumrunnerrumrunner Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Nuich

Hey Folks,
    I miss EnB also, that's why I got to searching around and found out about the emulator that has been in development for several years now. These folks have really done an outstanding job on this thing. It has a non-supported Single Player portion that anyone can play and they have the multi-player in CB right now. They have had several stress tests already and OB hopefully is going to happen this year.
    I have been having a blast in the single player portion, it felt sooo good to log back into the universe again. If you feel like it head on over to http://forum.enb-emulator.com and register. With a little patience you could be playing around in the single player game in a short time. Now the Single Player game is in no way a complete game and if you play in the admin mode you can add all kinds of mobs and other stuff in there to enhance your fun.
    Good luck if you decide to head over there.

Yeah I went over there, having issues with their email validation.  Just got done trying to talk to their admin, Ayusaki, and he pretty much told me get lost, he had a friend he had to talk to.  Not like I hadn't been trying to get him to talk to me for a few hours before that.

Forums are setup that unless you get your email validation you are screwed, you can't even PM/Email the admin.  Pretty sorry ran forums if you ask me.

Now I am not berating the emulator team, sure they are doing fine work, but how the hell would I know, I can't even get into the forums to get to the download section to download it and see.

Either they need to get Ayusaki to ease up on some restrictions, like allowing Admins to be PM'ed or Emailed in case of issues or they are just being an elitist bunch and only allowing those in that they know.

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Ough, if only this was true... I miss E&B... Sadly I've played all the major MMO's for at least 6 over 6 months each, and nothing ever compared to E&B. I don't know what it was, but I loved that game.. I hope Black Prophecy and Jumpgate Evolution can deliver something similiar.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• smellyfedsmellyfed Member Posts: 39

The [re]Development team at enb-emulator.com have a server up for Stress Test, multi-player is in. The three classes that were never introduced to the original game are actually in the emulator (the Devs found them already in the old code).

Not everything is fully functional yet - a lot of skills aren't in the game yet, jobs aren't in yet, crafting doesn't work yet... but I have a level 35 Terran Enforcer and the game is a blast. Server is capped around 300 players (I think) and it's running at 80% capacity so it's a pretty busy universe.

The Devs are passionate about getting this game back and it'll run on donations only.  Also, Westwood/EA did leave us with a blueprint of where the game was going, so there's a ton of potential toward further development.

enb-emulator.com

Come back to EnB. The galaxy needs you.

• macabre95macabre95 Member Posts: 1

Just a quick update. The Earth and beyond emulator is coming along very nice, actually runs smoother than at any time EA had control. Most things are now in working order and it is finally feeling like the game of old, there are loads of new sectors, Analyse and building now works as it should along with the majority of skills, Even the 3 new classes make this worth a try. And best of all it is free and always will be with the development being entirel donation based. Hats off to the guys that are bringing this game back to its former glory and better.