Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I came back and left again

After a 5 month btrak i wanted to check out the game that seemed like a good mmo back in beta 2007.

Well the game is still tiny.

The rvr still basically works the same

and in adition to that its kinda desertet,  i floated in a small ship infront of tortuga for about 1 hour in a full pvp zone and i didnt see ANYone in that time exept npc ships chasing me.It was also the only pvp area at that time and it was 20.00 Friday evening :(

I allready uninstalled after 4 days of trying it again and it was a final straw i thiknk.

RiP a game that i had  high hopes for and if it was a big gameworld and more political it would be a nice game but not like this.

Thnx

Comments

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

I'd been following the development and threads, but couldn't get in.  Apparently I couldn't get past the login for my station account.  I played Everquest I and II (EQ1 since '99) but cancelled a few months before.  I tried password recovery, Customer Service, the whole bit.  So...thanks to Sony, couldn't even try it and never went back to SOE since.

• jsw40jsw40 Member Posts: 214

You didn't miss much. Trust me

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

I came back this month & really enjoy it.

On the Defiant server populations are still low but picking up, its the same old game but with a difference... Antigua server is the busiest.

Avcom is much improved & PvP requires more tactics, also the upgoming patch has incentives like x2 exp & improved loot bonuses for lower populated nations. Labor time is to be cut in half & simplification of recipes to free up production slots will help shipwrights to produce much more ships.

More ships means more PvP & less waiting time for society members.

It's not going to make PvP or port battles any less dependent on shipwrights but should make players more willing to risk their hard earned ships in PvP.

The economists will still have lots of work so sharpen up your spreadsheets & get producing! Teamwork is the key.

R1.12 is just what Potbs needs, my faith is restored.

• Sarge994Sarge994 Member Posts: 44

I started playing again(I had a buddy key a log time ago) And I  am enjoying it thus far. Only problem I've had with it Is that Pirates seem to be very populated on the os, more so then everyone else.

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by Sarge994

I started playing again(I had a buddy key a log time ago) And I  am enjoying it thus far. Only problem I've had with it Is that Pirates seem to be very populated on the os, more so then everyone else.

There is a reason for that & that is because Pirates don't have to spend the time in the economy building ships as nationals do so they have more time to PvP.

Defiant AU does not have a pirate ganking or inflation problem yet as its a relatively new server & has one of the best  communities.

Antigua & Blackbeard has the highest pirate populations & Roberts is for EU players - Rackham is still struggling with populations; players that had characters before Nov 2008 are allowed a free character transfer to any other server of their choice that now have individual port battle times to suit.