Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good games but crapy installer

I have been playing many online games and when i tried Atlantica online, i said to myself, this is the best online games i have play so far. Unfortunately, they have been doing a great job in designing the games but they cann't even make a easy to install games installer. Installing the games is really a pain in the ass.  Just hope they will fix this problem but I doute it. What a shame.

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I had no problem with installing it whatsoever... But I guess they could have made it easier.

Reason I quited it fast was that the graphics and combat system really didn't work for me.

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

hmmm not much of the problem. the only p[roblem so far ith the installer is it is a big file to download, hehehe im sure ndoors will do something to fix or to improve their installer of the game, dont let the installer ruins your experience in the game...

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

my friend downloaded the game and said it was worth the wait hahah.. just wait for the file to be downlaoded and install it then have fun hahaha.... i think the file size is about 2gigs. hahaha

• kikomanokikomano Member Posts: 19

i didnt had any problems on istallation..this game does not have a high system req so why is there so many people having problems...? i think those who had problems installing the game had some hardware issues or compatibility problems..

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

The biggest problem people have when downloading the installer is they use IE to download it.  Unfortunately IE will think the download is complete if there is the slightest interruption to your internet (which even on a T3 line still happens).  Best bet to not get the dreaded "Corrupt File" is to use a download manager instead of IE on large downloads like this game.  I'd suggest Flashget or Free Download Manager.  That way if something does go wrong with your download you don't have to start from 0%.

• storytellersstorytellers Member Posts: 5

what i did is i downloaded the torrent file of the game and i used uTorrent.. it was fust, i just have a 786kbps connection and dowloaded it just for 4 hrs.. IE sucks though

• FaTKaTFaTKaT Member UncommonPosts: 31

i tried to download this game 4 times all different soruces it was corrupt every time -_-

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by FaTKaT

i tried to download this game 4 times all different soruces it was corrupt every time -_-

My first time I tried to download it I used Internet Explorer and got this same thing.  It's says that data3.cab is corrupt doesn't it?  Internet Explorer FTL!  Also if I remember right I downloaded it successfully of off Filefront, but for some reason when I looked it up just now, alot of the downloads are greyed out.  Perhaps this is because they just patched it and the other sites don't have the patched version yet

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

heheh for te patches you can do the auto patch, before you slep you can auto patch and presto, when you wake up it is game time!!!!

• black13black13 Member Posts: 12

i had no problem what so ever downloading the game or anything but it just so happens the patches are getting longer and longer its about the only thing i complain about with this game......and once in a while if the lag is super bad il complain a little

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Loke666

I had no problem with installing it whatsoever... But I guess they could have made it easier.
    Reason I quited it fast was that the graphics and combat system really didn't work for me.

Ive never had any issue wit hteh installer either.....Graphics are no worse than any other game out there and the combat is why I stayed and cancelled my LoTRO sub.......

• black13black13 Member Posts: 12

ok on this latest patch i will admit i had my most amount of problems yet with it.... for some reason it would take about 2 hours to get to 33% then it would say its done or something and so i would have to restart again

i think it was just my computer thought i restarted it and then it worked like a charm