Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Light the fires & kick the tires

ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

Maybe we can kick up Simu's development schedule up a notch.

Wired is looking to make a vaporware 2008 list. Maybe if we can get HJ listed on it, we can really light fires under their butts.

http://www.wired.com/culture/culturereviews/news/2008/11/YE8_vaporware_subs

[email protected]

Got a nominee for Vaporware '08? Here are the rules:

* The product must have been promised to ship during 2008.

* No rumors. That means no Mac Netbooks, Apple iTablets or 50-inch Sony OLEDs.

* It has to have been announced with a 2008 release date attached.

* If you can buy it, it doesn't count. If it shipped — even if it sucked — it's not vaporware.

* Software stuck in a never-ending, pre-release, beta-testing stage can be considered vaporware.

* Likewise hardware prototypes. It may exist in some company's lab or trotted out at trade shows, but it's vaporware until it hits store shelves.

I already sent mine in, anybody else wanna send in the submission?

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

I can remember when I was the only person in this forum who thought HJ was vaporware. 

Back in those days, saying the emperor has no clothes got you flamed by pitchfork and torch carrying fanbois.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

I have no doubt the game will launch. Meaning it's not vaporware. But I do think that if they get listed as vaporware on Wired, they will try a little harder.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

wasnt this a demo for an engine?

no offence but every game so far (aside from Crysis i guess) to demo an engine has been lackluster at best.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• RenessaRenessa Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Amathe

I can remember when I was the only person in this forum who thought HJ was vaporware. 
    Back in those days, saying the emperor has no clothes got you flamed by pitchfork and torch carrying fanbois.

*waves at Amathe"

I think, I never carried a pitchfork. So unbecoming and quite dangerous...

And  yes, I admit it, a tiny weeny part of me (the same, that still believes in fairies) is still hoping, HJ will come out one day with all the bells and whistles they promised us.