Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMORPG under development will be the best?

MMORPGS under development:

Today there are a lot of MMORPGs under development. Which of these will be the best?

If you mean another mmorpg is the best, take other.

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Where is Star Trek Online?

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by MMORPGcritc

Today there are a lot of MMORPGs under development. Which of these will be the best?

Other: I don't want ONE to be the best, I want them ALL to be good and enjoyeble MMO's if not suited for me I hope others can pick the one MMO that seems the most appealing to THEM, instead of flocking to where the masses go first.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Jumpgate will be the most stable IMO.  They have had so much time with the original so I would expect them to have learnt a lot from that and I personally didnt find anything wrong with the original.   As far as 'best' I think Darkfall vs Jumpgate again.

• MMORPGcritcMMORPGcritc Member Posts: 21

Decided only to take with games thats about to go into beta or be realeased soon.

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Star Trek all the way, I'm not a fan (as in I never watched the shows, not "I hate the lore") but it definitely looks good specially the fact it isnt level based unlike the rest on that pool.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

Age of Conan

Sorry I couldn't resist

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

From that list, its Aion without a doubt. The rest have joke like concepts which just dont have mass market appeal other than Star Wars.

Additionally, why did you include Star Wars Old Republic? Wasnt your excuse that they are going to release/go into beta soon?

Anyway I'll ignore the poll and give Mortal Online a mention for the future. Certainly has some promise.

Besides the only MMOs people actually give a shit about right now are Darkfall and Aion. So its really between them.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by Razephon

From that list, its Aion without a doubt. The rest have joke like concepts which just dont have mass market appeal other than Star Wars.
    Additionally, why did you include Star Wars Old Republic? Wasnt your excuse that they are going to release/go into beta soon?
    Anyway I'll ignore the poll and give Mortal Online a mention for the future. Certainly has some promise.
    Besides the only MMOs people actually give a shit about right now are Darkfall and Aion. So its really between them.

mass market appeal generally means shallow easy gameplay with no risks involved.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by ronan32

Originally posted by Razephon

mass market appeal generally means shallow easy gameplay with no risks involved.

Yeah, I would look down on mass market appeal, look what mainstream MMO's have delivered us in the last 3-4 years... Nothing good.

I personally chose Jumpgate Evolution. I think this game is the most unique, most original(besides there being a previous version of it), and I think it is going to be the best over all. I absolutely cannot wait to play that game.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694

Strangely enough the next game that's currently under development radar that I'm looking forward to is Lego Universe. The fact that you can build completely original creations in the world and make them into whatever you want sounds very promising.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by MMORPGcritc

All these games you have posted are using older engines and were started at least 2-3 years ago.I think Stargate may be using UE3 ,but after seeing first glimpses i doubt it.

We won't get a better view of all the games under development until 2009.I can tell you this,there is a TON of next gen MMOG's coming out in 2010,this may perhaps be the time when all the WOW  bandwagon jumpers finally realize there are some great games out there.

We are going to see REALISM in graphics and facial expressions,LARGE content areas with seamless worlds.I am amazed at how soon we will see this but a lot of the developers are claiming it is possible and we will be seeing it.

There are some real developers out there developing high tech code to incorporate in our games like realistic foliage/physics the whole works.

Unreal technology and Epic games are hiring tons of high tech firms to incorporate cutting edge technology into the unreal engine.You can bet ,there will be some great games coming out that utilize the UE3.There is hopes for that Roger Clemens/Todd Mcfarlane MMORPG that also uses the UE3[38 studios].There is a lot of foreign developers ,including many rich guys from Asia and of course our beloved Square Enix/Sega,heck just about everyone is going to be using the UE3 for our next gen games,they all say the same thing"it is just too powerful and easy to use".

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Well for me the best will be Fallen Earth.  A sandbox game that ins't fantasy, with FPS combat.  Im pretty impress by the game so far I cant wait till it goes live.

• kwoshkwosh Member Posts: 109

I am watching a game called Mortal Online... this was not in the list and so I picked other... But I tell you if they came out with an MMO closely matching Fallout 3, that would be a breath of fresh air for the MMO industry... (done right of coarse)

• Timberwolf0Timberwolf0 Member Posts: 424

Global agenda looks very promising as a successor to planetside. Heres a great vid of it:

http://www.globalagendagame.com/Media_Videos.html

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

I voted for Darkfall. I can't help it. It just combines everything I want into one package basically. I also like huxley and jumpgate evolution. Anything that gives me direct control I'm interested in

Spellborn I know will have great combat too but the Quests grinding can go to

<edit I'll probably still buy spellborn though depending on how its handled

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Timberwolf0

Global agenda looks very promising as a successor to planetside. Heres a great vid of it:
     http://www.globalagendagame.com/Media_Videos.html

yeah, I think its going to be GA.

My blog: image

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

I had to go other since GW2 wasn't available :)

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Guild Wars 2 by Arenanet will be the best out of the bunch. They probably have one of the best developement teams in gaming today.  Guild Wars has been a huge success over the years selling 5mill plus copies and people keep coming to play. Things such as a higer level cap, persistent world, world pvp and a much larger/better pve experience I think will only be a huge plus for existing and new players. 

Guild Wars 2 wiki page : wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

• XxKnivesxXXxKnivesxX Member UncommonPosts: 188

Yeah, guild wars two is going to be the game that pops outa nowhere, i honoestly rather have them not share us any info/videos till its next to almost released i rather just sit in the corner imagining what it'll be like :]

• CRAZYCAN00KCRAZYCAN00K Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Midnitte

Star Trek all the way, I'm not a fan (as in I never watched the shows, not "I hate the lore") but it definitely looks good specially the fact it isnt level based unlike the rest on that pool.

Star Trek is just Champions online with a Star Trek skin, that screams "SUCK" to me.

I went with SWTOR.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

for me atleast i think dragonball online will be HUGE. for me i'm a lil sck of the normal MMO settings and dragonball is a completely new and original setting.being able to marry and have kids sounds cool,while i'm not ones of those emos lookin for a pretend internt girl friend. i would hav my on characters do it just because the kids they have (atleast from my understanding) become a sort of hybrid of the 2 parents combining the 2 traits of the parents. tho it does suck there will be no saiyens, but since that race died out completely it shows they will be sticking to the dragonball lore even tho with saiyens it would prolly be even bigger.

humans,maijins and nemekians will be the races in the game, and some of the "dungeons" are that you go back in time with trunks (or his time machine atleast) and are able to fight along side the dbz fighters in big battles that took place in the show like freeza vs goku ect. guess like caverns of time on wow.

http://feature.mmosite.com/content/2008-02-14/20080214225153525,1.shtml dragonball link

i also think Blade and Soul will be huge. if nothing else looks so bad ass..lol

http://feature.mmosite.com/content/2008-02-14/20080214225153525,1.shtml blade and soul

both look original and anymore MMOs have gotten stale just about everything else looks and plays the same with minor differences.

• UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174

I'm betting my money on Rapture (Working Title), it's Square-Enix's next MMO. If there's any company out there that can compete with Blizzard in the MMO genre, it's Square-Enix. I think they'll have learned from some of the mistakes with FFXI and in the end the game will turn out great.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by UWNVME

I'm betting my money on Rapture (Working Title), it's Square-Enix's next MMO. If there's any company out there that can compete with Blizzard in the MMO genre, it's Square-Enix. I think they'll have learned from some of the mistakes with FFXI and in the end the game will turn out great.

I have been awaiting any info on this for a long time now. I am hoping that this years fan festival that they will give us some more info on it. If/when it comes out and if it tanks, it will be my last MMO I play as SE is my last hope in giving us a quality MMO.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I hope Aion, I  plan to get it when it comes out, but will not make the mistake of having my expecations super high. I expect a good game, slightly better than wow With great visuals..and lots and lots of bugs. :) But I know Anet will make it good After guild wars and the great time I had there and CoX games were good too, I expect a lot from Anet, but I don't expect it to be perfect when it comes out ether.

• deftskulkdeftskulk Member CommonPosts: 67

I picked "other" since the only MMO that's comming out that I might honestly care about is World of Darkness.

Still far to soon to say if I might like it though.