Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I bought Tabula Rasa and...

FiresealMMOFiresealMMO Member Posts: 54

I bought the Collector's Edition, it's all they had and it was being sold for $19.99. I decided to buy it because it was futuristic. I'm not even at lvl 10 and I already dread this game. What's there to even look forward to in later levels?

Comments

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

The gaming is closing down in Feb next year is what you've got to look forward too.

• DjfusionDjfusion Member Posts: 186

The closing of the servers in February?

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by FiresealMMO

I'm not even at lvl 10 and I already dread this game. What's there to even look forward to in later levels?

Nothing. The total lack of end game content was one of the biggest complaints people had about this game. Plus, crafting was a joke, PvP is pointless and even the majority of the PvE in the game is linear and boring.

I think you got ripped off too.... Now that the game is shutting down most stores are giving away their copies of this game for only a few bucks... and you paid $20? Yeah, I think you got ripped off. Check some of the other threads in this forum and you will find people who got the game WAY cheaper. There was even one guy who bought it for a dollar and that was before we even knew the game was being shut down.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Why did you buy it before downloading the trial and seeing if you like it?

You bought a game sight unseen not knowning what there is to look forward to in later levels? No research into the game before buying?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

You bought a game sight unseen not knowning what there is to look forward to in later levels? No research into the game before buying?

Come on, you have bought an unseen game to, havn't you?

I have when I been bored.

Still the OP got ripped, the game is closing down soon. Maybe the guy on the store didn't know that, maybe he did but I would shop elsewhere after that. Selling stuff you can only play for 2 months suck.

• ursinursin Member Posts: 148

i was looking at this game when it started getting cheaper, and now i wish i had, with all the 'thank you for playing this game, lets push more at you' promos they have now :)

oh, and "I hate trolls who report" made me roflcopter.

"We aren't going to ... Period. End of statement."

ya. ok. whatever.

but what do i know, i'm only a vanbois i'm told.

Originally posted by Loke666

Still the OP got ripped, the game is closing down soon. Maybe the guy on the store didn't know that, maybe he did but I would shop elsewhere after that. Selling stuff you can only play for 2 months suck.

Yeah back in the 80s and some of the 90s. The internet now and the way the game industry is with trials. It's my hard earned cash I tend to do a little research before I buy a game. I learned my lesson many years ago with a few TG-16 games that got hyped really well.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Snip

• DarkRanger65DarkRanger65 Member Posts: 83

I was at Best Buy getting Mines of Moreia last week and saw Tabula Rasa for $39.99

Shouldn't they take all copies out of the stores since it will be shut down in February?!

MMO Played-EQ, EQ2, WOW, DDO, GW, COH, Vanguard, WAR

MMOs Playing-LOTRO

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Last game I bought sight-unseen was Star Legions, back in 1989. 

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

I went to my local Circuit City that is closing down and scoped out what was left of their software.

They had a copy of TR, the collectors set, for 69.99.

It was sitting right next to two copies of Auto Assault.

user
  • EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Jeff44

I went to my local Circuit City that is closing down and scoped out what was left of their software.
    They had a copy of TR, the collectors set, for 69.99.
    It was sitting right next to two copies of Auto Assault.

And thats why Circuit city is failing ;p That and Anoying sales people.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

Circuit City stores that are closing just like the Linens-N-Things are bought out by liquidating companies. CC has no more say in the price. They did a story on GMA (good morning america) where the liquidators were secretly covering up old prices and pretending they were marked down. Several stuff in the closing down CC was marked 20-30 dollars higher when CC owned the store.

They peeled back the price tag on several items to reveal the old CC price.

Link to GMA story...video included. Circuit City is the second story in video.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6326174&page=1

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Normally, you might have an argument there. But the OP has been a member here for quite awhile. One jump into the forum section here would have answered every question he had, including the collectors edition selling for $4.99 and less on e-bay and amazon.com.

• OR-NurseOR-Nurse Member Posts: 19

I live in Charlotte,NC and I remember one Computer Store still selling the Game Hint Book for AC2 10 months after the game had shut down

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486
    Originally posted by DarkRanger65

I was at Best Buy getting Mines of Moreia last week and saw Tabula Rasa for $39.99

Shouldn't they take all copies out of the stores since it will be shut down in February?!

Funny thing is, you'll probably still see copies of the game at places like Big Lots! and Half-Price Books for cheap long after the game has shut down. Buyer beware!

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179

I hope the game will get a boost back on the market, mabe bought by a different company.

Hellgate Longon is getting a expansion pack, so why cant TR do the same.

Global Agenda alpha > all

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by SXRchosen1

I hope the game will get a boost back on the market, mabe bought by a different company.
    Hellgate Longon is getting a expansion pack, so why cant TR do the same.
    Global Agenda alpha > all

Is'nt hellgate shutting down in North America?

I do not see TR getting sold or anything else, it was a huge financial loser and the last quarter lost like 1/3 of the player base.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by OR-Nurse

I live in Charlotte,NC and I remember one Computer Store still selling the Game Hint Book for AC2 10 months after the game had shut down

I actually found a copy of AC2 for sale in a Fry's Electronics, a year after it had shut down. I went and told the salesperson in charge of the game section to take it down.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206

AC2 eh? Check it out.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2808019

AC2 $29.99......and still for sale!!!! at Toys R Us.

LOL...looks like TRS is behind the times, i wonder if they still sell E.T. for the 2600.....

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

At the least you have a cool colectors edition of the game to add to on yer shelf as I do, I still have my earth and beyond mmo, I sure do miss enb.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by boognish75

I sure do miss enb.

You and me both. There was a group working on an emulation but it has been a couple of years since anything happened, I guess that died off too. Damn shame as E&B for all of its faults really had some fun stuff in it.

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Originally posted by boognish75

I sure do miss enb.

You and me both. There was a group working on an emulation but it has been a couple of years since anything happened, I guess that died off too. Damn shame as E&B for all of its faults really had some fun stuff in it.

E&B players?!?

Good times, good times.

Rumor has it that the people who were trying to get E&B up and running again got a nastly letter from EA telling them to knock it off or else...so..yeah i don't think we'll be seeing it again.

*shrug* sucks, but what can one do?

• VadenVaden Member UncommonPosts: 145

Everyone who bought the game and paid monthly fees IMO go ripped. Thats why I never bought the game.. always had something funny about it..

Sad too kuz the graphics are nice, it moves smooth and its generally fun to play just lacking content.. at least for a game of this level and still have the nerve to be P2P *shrugs*

Games I've Played: SilkRoad, Flyff, NeoCron, PlanetSide, Rapplez, UpshiftRacer, Drift City, TB, Kwonho, ArchLord, AoA, Exteel, WolfTeam, Shaiyan, WoKF, FFXIV, STO, KoTR, ESO, Defiance, Mabinogi

Games I'm Playing: Warframe/STO

Games I'm Pondering: The Secret World