Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you hate the immature player base...

Try a RolePlay server.  I know a lot of you may cringe.. but to be honest I rarely see anyone actually RP on my RP server, and no one ever has in any guild I have joined. 

The kiddies avoid RP servers... so the population is noticeably more mature.. mostly us slightly older gamer geeks =)

By the way... "your mom" jokes are a defining characteristic of gamer geeks....  so dont assume jokes like this indicate kiddies... the proof is here!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyxnEKTjhj0 

My gang averages around age 30 and "mom jokes" and such are common among us... not often in public chat though =)

Grymm
MMO addict in recovery!
EQ,SWG preCU,L2,EQ2,GW,CoH/CoV,V:SOH,
Aion,AoC,TR,WAR,EVE,BP,RIFT,WoW and others... no more!

Comments

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

That's not true, Kiddies and immature retards are rampant in certain RP servers like Argent Dawn (probably the worse RP server I have played in any MMO).

If you think I am lying start a character out of Stormwind and listen to the arguments about Chuck Norris and other misc crap.

I tried to have a conversation with a non English (Romanian) speaking Mage and it was like deciphering bubble from a fish's mouth.

• Swiftblade13Swiftblade13 Member Posts: 638

ummm.. what are you doing on the WoW forums then?  Just like to troll?

I transferred from a PvP server to a RP server about a year ago and it was a night and day difference.  The RP server is far from perfect, but much better.

WoW haters make me laugh.

Grymm
    MMO addict in recovery!
    EQ,SWG preCU,L2,EQ2,GW,CoH/CoV,V:SOH,
    Aion,AoC,TR,WAR,EVE,BP,RIFT,WoW and others... no more!

• VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176

Thought just crossed my mind. It would be cool to have age restricted servers 30+, 40+ and so on. I've actually played with my guildies kids before and they were quite mature in gaming attitude unlike what most are accustomed to WOW barrens chat where you have a bunch of 12-18 year old trash talkers who never leave the computer, go outside and notice the sun shining.

Game maturity like modern day parenting has gone down hill. Lets get the kids a WOW account so we don't have to worry about where they are as they wont leave their PC. WOW is like the perfect babysitter and for 15 bucks a month for a parent thats pocket change.

• TaniquetilTaniquetil Member Posts: 214
    Originally posted by Vistaakah

Thought just crossed my mind. It would be cool to have age restricted servers 30+, 40+ and so on. I've actually played with my guildies kids before and they were quite mature in gaming attitude unlike what most are accustomed to WOW barrens chat where you have a bunch of 12-18 year old trash talkers who never leave the computer, go outside and notice the sun shining.
    Game maturity like modern day parenting has gone down hill. Lets get the kids a WOW account so we don't have to worry about where they are as they wont leave their PC. WOW is like the perfect babysitter and for 15 bucks a month for a parent thats pocket change.

It's not a bad idea but how would it be enforced? Plus , would the numbers be a problem? You could end up with a super quiet server if you were  unlucky.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Can i just say that age is no measure of maturity or intelligence, you only have to read through a few posts on here at pretty much any time of the day for proof of that. You have a clear choice of who you play alongside in the game and an easy way to ignore anyone that you find particularly annoying. I play alongside people of all ages within my guild, from 13-40+ and they are all great guys/gals to work with as it is made clear to them when they join what we expect within our group and those that don't feel it is for them leave to find their own groups to play alongside.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• cult7cult7 Member Posts: 59

agree 100% with MyPreciousss.One of the best answers to describe wow "lore" and universe

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by jason_webb

Can i just say that age is no measure of maturity or intelligence, you only have to read through a few posts on here at pretty much any time of the day for proof of that. You have a clear choice of who you play alongside in the game and an easy way to ignore anyone that you find particularly annoying. I play alongside people of all ages within my guild, from 13-40+ and they are all great guys/gals to work with as it is made clear to them when they join what we expect within our group and those that don't feel it is for them leave to find their own groups to play alongside.

I agree completely.  I've listened to late 20 year olds constantly make perverted jokes and ridicule anybody for anything.  At the same time, Ive seen a 17 year old kid lead a successful raiding guild (he had no life...but thats besides the point ) and respect everybody while doing it.

• VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Taniquetil

Originally posted by Vistaakah

It's not a bad idea but how would it be enforced? Plus , would the numbers be a problem? You could end up with a super quiet server if you were  unlucky.

There are way's to verify ages but i don't know how that work work successfully long term. You know when DAOC came out the average player age was mid 20's  on up to old folks like me lol.. My guild in DAOC was actually 30-50 year old age group and it was a very large group of people.. It wasn't until WOW was released that you really per say saw the kiddie factor enter the MMO genre of gaming. Alot of kids playing games now were in there baby cribs when alot of us started playing MMO's. 

• RocktoberRocktober Member Posts: 118

While I agree that RP servers probably have a lower amount of idiots, they DO have their fair share of them.  Either people that rolled their purposefully to harass others, or those like yourself who wanted to get away from the idiocy on other servers (only to then take part of it on the RP server).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of people rolling on a labeled RP server and then asking for guilds that don't include RP.  I think it makes about as much sense as joining a PvE server and then wanting to join a PvP-centric guild (why not just go to the PvP server to begin with?).  But anyways, like I said, I do understand that perhaps you want to get away from a place that may have a higher level of immaturity... I just would prefer that others respected the RP aspect of the servers raison d'etre.

------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't win - if you strike me down I shall respawn more powerful than you could possibly imagine!