Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Chronicles of Spellborn: Launch Q&A

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The folks at The Chronicles of Spellborn have posted Q&A providing details of the game's launch as it launches in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, and prepares to launch in other regions in the coming days and months.

1. Will it be necessary to uninstall the beta client of the game before installing the release client of the Chronicles of Spellborn? In any case, what measures have to be taken regarding the GameGuard?

No, it will be possible to update your beta client (either Closed Beta or Open Beta) of the game to the release client of The Chronicles of Spellborn.

There are no special measures to take concerning the Gameguard. Yet, we strongly recommend that you keep your computer clean of any spywares/malwares that might be identified as suspicious software while the game runs. You can use programs such as Ad-Aware or CCleaner and your favorite Anti-Virus program before installing the game in order to avoid any issue with spywares/malwares or viruses. Make sure no other processes are running when you launch the game client (there is a known issue with programs such as [email protected]).

2. Will the beta accounts still be active for the release of the game and will it be possible to register as a subscriber with them?

No, all the beta accounts will be deleted. You’ll need to create a new account in order to be able to register as subscriber.

Read more here.

Comments

  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,106

    With all the buzz of Aion and Darkfall, it crazy to see that this game is going to be released so soon. I wonder how this game will do.

    ~Greatness~

    MMORPG Blog
    Currently Playing:
    Nothing

  • daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

    Well it has been delayed for around a year now(even longer)but they havent done themselves any favours,take away the IP blocking,Mindscape didnt produce/deliver the game on time to the retailers so the game had to be delayed in those countries for another week,2 days before the release,now there are reports from players in Germany etc that there game still isnt working(they released there today).

    I had alot of faith in this game but in the last 2 weeks they shot themselves in the foot....and then the other foot.

    Now the forums will also be IP blocked it is just going from bad to down right insane.

    My thoughts are(now these are just my thoughts)this game this time next year will either be dead in the water or Acclaim will have total power over it and free to play with some changes to make room for items shops.

    image

    If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

  • MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 797
    Originally posted by Greatness


    With all the buzz of Aion and Darkfall, it crazy to see that this game is going to be released so soon. I wonder how this game will do.

     

    Apart from the delusional fanboys, the only buzz about Darkfall is what a joke it is. TCoS is a game fit to play, it's just that the publishers have made a mess of the distribution. It's still streets ahead of that DF nonsense.

  • daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,693
    Originally posted by daylight01



    My thoughts are(now these are just my thoughts)this game this time next year will either be dead in the water or Acclaim will have total power over it and free to play with some changes to make room for items shops.

     

    I totally agree with your thoughts about Acclaim taking the game over.  And sadly, that will end the game as far as development is concerned.  Minor bug fixes, minor events, and item shops, no major changes, that is the way of Acclaim.

  • Gadget73Gadget73 Member Posts: 3

    Since I have been playing this game (got it this weekend) I can honestly say the game is pretty good. It's rough around the edges, sure. But what MMO isn't at launch?

    The atmosphere, sound, graphics and general 'feel' of Spelborn are absolutely great. Combat is a bit complicated, and the tutorial absolutely sucks, but this is just a matter of getting to know more of the game.

    And why do folks go ape$*&% over IP blocking? It's just a form of regional lockout.  WoW does this. Lotro does this. Most MMOs in fact limit who can and can't play on a server.

    And yeah, I know you can buy a US WoW copy and play on US realms. But how many people do that? What percentage?

    Oh, and I hear the 'freedom of choice' folks lighting their torches already. *shrugs*. They run a business and need to make money. If this helps them to keep the game afloat, then quit whining and start playing.

    Spelborn is pretty good.

  • daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250
    Originally posted by Gadget73


    Since I have been playing this game (got it this weekend) I can honestly say the game is pretty good. It's rough around the edges, sure. But what MMO isn't at launch?
    The atmosphere, sound, graphics and general 'feel' of Spelborn are absolutely great. Combat is a bit complicated, and the tutorial absolutely sucks, but this is just a matter of getting to know more of the game.
    And why do folks go ape$*&% over IP blocking? It's just a form of regional lockout.  WoW does this. Lotro does this. Most MMOs in fact limit who can and can't play on a server.
    And yeah, I know you can buy a US WoW copy and play on US realms. But how many people do that? What percentage?
    Oh, and I hear the 'freedom of choice' folks lighting their torches already. *shrugs*. They run a business and need to make money. If this helps them to keep the game afloat, then quit whining and start playing.
    Spelborn is pretty good.



     

    I think you need to read a bit more about the ip blocking in Spellborn.

    It is not the same as WoW or LoTR,I see you are from Holland well being from Holland you will be able to play with the Benelux countries,Scandinvian countries,Austria and Switzerland.

    germany and France will also be on those servers but they will have there on lanuage servers.

    As you can see there are alot of European countries missing and those countries you wont be able to play with,so it is nothing like the majority of  MMo's now is it?

    image

    If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

  • Gadget73Gadget73 Member Posts: 3

    Sure, but the only thing I really care about is that the server I play on has a healthy population.

    If you can't play yet: sorry about that, but that will change. And if not? *shrugs*. There are plenty of games we in Holland never get (or got) to play without jumping through considerable hoops.

    It's not fun to be left out, but it's the way the cookie crumbles.

  • daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250
    Originally posted by Gadget73


    Sure, but the only thing I really care about is that the server I play on has a healthy population.
    If you can't play yet: sorry about that, but that will change. And if not? *shrugs*. There are plenty of games we in Holland never get (or got) to play without jumping through considerable hoops.
    It's not fun to be left out, but it's the way the cookie crumbles.



     

    lol I also live in Holland,cant think of to many games I never got to play though,that wasnt the point I was making,I am worried that there wont be enough players on the servers and also the language that will be used as I would have preferred English,Also and most important I would have liked to play the game with players I have played with for a longtime,all this ip blocking has split up guilds and friends.

    I dont think you have read to much about the trouble's off late or maybe you dont care but if the servers do end up dead I am sure you will care then.

    image

    If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

  • PerisiePerisie Member Posts: 10

    yeah i must admit, my only friends who might pick up a game like this with me are my "internet friends" and none of them live in my country england.

    it's a real turn-off and altho it won't deter me from picking up the game, it'll definately take important potential and staying-power out of it for a lot of people like me.

    but then, who am i to talk for the masses? obviously they have some sort of research team finding out whats best for them and what works...

     

    (so when is the UK release please?? =)

     

    cool newsletter, brief and to the point inclusions, ty

Sign In or Register to comment.