Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lag in sound...is that normal?

Ok, I just joined the game a week ago (when MoM was released) and seem to have a slight problem in sound. The sound lags or sometimes doesn't play at all when I do most things. For example, in combat the sound won't play for most of my hits. also 90% of the time the sound of me selling or buying stuff at the vendor won't play.

I'm sure that isn't normal so is it my computer or is it a bug or what exactly?

My computer is advanced enough to play call of duty 4 and most new PC games so I think Lotro should be a piece of cake.

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

I get something sort of like that when I get lag spikes. I click the combat ability I get nothing and click the others, when I come out of the spike you get  real fast all the abilites you clicked and the sounds they make.

Is it just sound that is the problem? Are you getting lag spikes? Any type of rubberbanding or running in place?

What about under the audio options for hardware? How is it checked in there? Tried messing with it in there?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• DaPrinzDaPrinz Member Posts: 39

Theres no server lag at all, its as if the sounds just don't play or play late. The movements are all fine.  Maybe I need to check around the sound settings more, although I've tried to play with the settings yet nothing worked.

At first it was annoying me, but now I'm kinda used to it and I forget about it. Although it's weird that the music and voice acting all play perfectly. It's only the things that you do that don't work properly. like fighting sounds, vendor sounds, running/walking sounds, etc....

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

If you cant figure it out, there is a forum section for Audio problems on the official LOTRO forums in the customer support section where you can probably get more help.

• DaPrinzDaPrinz Member Posts: 39

I just thought I'd update everyone here. It turns out my drivers were old and needed to be updated. I also found out that this problem is quite common and that there were many threads about it. So, I'm sure someone might come here in the near future and ask about the same problem.

Just in case, heres the link for the drivers needed:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

I've tried it, it works perfectly.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

DaPrinz have you also gotten the newest Directx Redist, the november update?

Never hurts to be current, well most of the time.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.