Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is tortage still a must?

i was playing aoc at release for about 4 weeks.

maybe i will try it again with a new char but i don't want to  play tortage all over again

ist tortage still a must for every new char or is there a way to skip it?

thanks for any answer!

Comments

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885

Still a must, then again it is one of the most polished zones, and every archjetype class has it's own set of destiny quests so it isn't bad. And besides if you do it quick you don't spend many hours there.

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

I have to admit that when I played AoC I found Tortage extremely boring and dull. When I read that people considered this area to be the best part of the game and the rest went downhill from there I knew it was time to quit.

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

I have to admit that when I played AoC I found Tortage extremely boring and dull. When I read that people considered this area to be the best part of the game and the rest went downhill from there I knew it was time to quit.

same here. tortage is the aoc killer for me even if i only need 2-4 hours to complete it

no alts -> no fun

i will wait until there is a option to skip this boring turtorial

thanks for the answers!

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405

You can leave Tortage at lvl 17, go to the smuggler guy he is in a House, just north of the Gate to tortage.

Took me 1h 15min to get to lvl 17, and bye bye Tortage.

Best thing to do is the night / singel player part you get xp fastest that way, and when you need to lvl some extra lvls to continue with the singelplayer just return to day tortage and do some quest or grind.

Trust me if you do it right it goes very fast, MAX 1.5h and you never have to go to tortage again.

Well anyway i think Tortage is well made, but ye you can only do tortage 2 max 3 times and after that it gets pretty boring.

So my recommendation to you m8, give AOC a try again, if you havent played sinces release you will see how much AOC has improved, and thats ALOT even way more on the way!

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I guess you just have to wait for the expansion, right now Tortage is the only noob zone and you have to stay there until you are at least lvl 17.

Hehe thats way you should not listen to peopel and just try it yourself, sure Tortage is well made but considering Tortage the best part of the game ?? LOL, no after tortage is the best part.

There are much much better more fun zones / alot of fun Dungeons /raids etc, i would say that Ymir's pass is one of the best parts in game.

So if you quited just becaus peopel sad that Tortage was the best part, trust me its not even close to the best part of the game lol.

I strongly recommend you to try AOC again and lvl up a char to 80 and you will see how much fun you can have after Tortage !

• ScaredgirlScaredgirl Member Posts: 313

I feel the same way. I understand that most people like Tortage but for me it was together with endgame, the most painful part of AoC. I basically hated every second of it. Main problem for me was the single player experience and lack of freedom. It was one big boring corridor you had to run through.

AoC actually was better after Tortage but in high levels it became boring again. Endgame was nonexistent.

1-19  = super boring

20-39 = average

40-49 = very good (I liked FotD very much. Best zone hands down.)

50-59 = getting a little bit boring again

60-69 = boring and grind

70-80 = super boring

-----------------------------
    Originally posted by Frobner
    "Massive sieges" "mounted combat" and "spellweaving" are just few words that spring to mind when I hear the word AOC.... But the word FAILURE will always top the list.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by Scaredgirl

Main problem for me was the single player experience and lack of freedom. It was one big boring corridor you had to run through.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. It did feel like a singleplayer game - especially with the 'night quests' that were instanced. I hardly ever saw anyone else running around and chat was completely dead.

I should really have ploughed through until I left Tortage but quite frankly I couldn't stomach it. A shame, really.

I feel the same way. I understand that most people like Tortage but for me it was together with endgame, the most painful part of AoC. I basically hated every second of it. Main problem for me was the single player experience and lack of freedom. It was one big boring corridor you had to run through.

AoC actually was better after Tortage but in high levels it became boring again. Endgame was nonexistent.

1-19  = super boring

20-39 = average

40-49 = very good (I liked FotD very much. Best zone hands down.)

50-59 = getting a little bit boring again

60-69 = boring and grind

70-80 = super boring

Hmm i can see you havent played AOC in quite some time m8.

For exampel 50-59 / 60-69 is incorrect, first i can see you dident know that there is a new zone called Ymir's pass, properly the best zone in game VERY fun and cool zone, second they have revamped many diffrent dungeons, third alot of new quests.

70-80 hmm super boring ? no i think not, but still this lvl will get much better with the next 1 or 2 big patches. Anyway i think the raids are really cool, but offcouse they should put in some more, and the stuff is on its way.

Originally posted by DaveTT

Hmm i can see you havent played AOC in quite some time m8.
    For exampel 50-59 / 60-69 is incorrect, first i can see you dident know that there is a new zone called Ymir's pass, properly the best zone in game VERY fun and cool zone, second they have revamped many diffrent dungeons, third alot of new quests.
    70-80 hmm super boring ? no i think not, but still this lvl will get much better with the next 1 or 2 big patches. Anyway i think the raids are really cool, but offcouse they should put in some more, and the stuff is on its way.

Actually I played it last weekend, m8.

Sure they have added more content to levels 50-69. Ymirs Pass especially is a good addition. However even though I found those levels boring, it was not the reason why I quit. If endgame was great I wouldn't mind if AoC had ZERO quests and I had to grind freaking pigs for 100 hours to get to level 80. The problem is, endgame still sucks. Until they add some meaningful pvp endgame, they are not getting one cent of my money.

"Massive sieges" "mounted combat" and "spellweaving" are just few words that spring to mind when I hear the word AOC.... But the word FAILURE will always top the list.

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by DaveTT

Trust me if you do it right it goes very fast, MAX 1.5h and you never have to go to tortage again.

sorry but even 1.5 hrs ist to long for me, maybe 15 minutes would be ok.

if i want to try 2-3 different chars i have to do tortage 2-3 times thats not acceptable for me.

and i have to say that i had much more fun with my first char at release from lvl 20-40 as from 1-20.

tortage is maybe nice for a single player rpg but not for a mmorpg in my  opinion.

for altoholics like me tortage is one of the badest idea in mmorpg history i think.

give me a way to skip this bs and i will try aoc again

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274

Sure they have added more content to levels 50-69. Ymirs Pass especially is a good addition. However even though I found those levels boring, it was not the reason why I quit. If endgame was great I wouldn't mind if AoC had ZERO quests and I had to grind freaking pigs for 100 hours to get to level 80. The problem is, endgame still sucks. Until they add some meaningful pvp endgame, they are not getting one cent of my money.

There ARE people playing. Mostly hardcore fans who stayed while 90% of playerbase quit. Couple of servers have medium population but I haven't seen more than 1 instance in a long time (I play in Aquilonia). Then again I only play for about 1 hour a week just to see if things have improved.

# Posted: 11/27/08 4:00 PM

Oh i see.

Originally posted by gan3f

There ARE people playing. Mostly hardcore fans who stayed while 90% of playerbase quit. Couple of servers have medium population but I haven't seen more than 1 instance in a long time (I play in Aquilonia). Then again I only play for about 1 hour a week just to see if things have improved.

# Posted: 11/27/08 4:00 PM

Oh i see.

*sigh*

We have a regular Sherlock Holmes here. Good job spotting my obvious mistake. I got caught with my pants down.

Or maybe not. Like I've said on another thread, I have cancelled my AoC account. I do however play on my friends account every now and then because he doesn't use it anymore but has still gametime on it. Feel free check my post history if you don't believe me, mr. Holmes.

At least you tried. That's the most important thing.