Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you a good writer?

IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Are you a good writer? We know you can at least make a forum post. These are some of the stories already posted in a writing contest.

The limit is only 750 words, which is shorter than some of the posts I read on here.

Can you do better? Are any of the stories any good, or do they all suck?

I like writers that tell good stories,not just good characters. I always thought that Stephen King spent most of his time developing characters, but the stories weren't all that great.

I saw this movie called Choke. It was really good. It was written by the same guy that wrote Fight Club, which I also liked alot.

I recently started reading these Repairman Jack novels, by F. Paul Wilson. They are pretty good. I like his (or her I don't know) writing style.

Comments

• JudyJadeJudyJade Member Posts: 6

I wish I was.

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

With only 750 words no good writer could possibly create a good story. 

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Xexima

Well, certainly you can't write an entire story from start to finish, but you can establish a character, or write a good scene. I thought some of the stories were very good, even though short.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

actually, there's a whole subgenre of horror devoted to fiction that's 500 words or less. Google "flash fiction" and you'll find some really well written stuff. Check out 100 Jolts by by Micheal Arnzen for some good examples of this form.

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Well, certainly you can't write an entire story from start to finish, but you can establish a character, or write a good scene. I thought some of the stories were very good, even though short.

yeah, i think so too imothep... but still 750 words isn't enough for us to make a really good story..even just the character build up or a really good scene. and why would i waste my time writng a 750word story for nothing? anyway just sharing my thoughts regarding this thread.