Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: A Guide to Interceptors

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com EVE Online Correspondent Andrew Wallace writes this article giving players some tips to playing with the Interceptor class ship in EVE.

Interceptors are about speed and finesse. They are about precision and winning a fight in structure. They are about understanding the limitations of your ship and the limitations of your opponent. I suppose the latter would be true of any ship in EVE, but I think it applies to the interceptor most of all.

Amongst the most fragile of all the combat ships in the game, a simple mistake can see you sitting in a pod in a matter of seconds. Skill, and even a bit of luck, can make a massive difference in a pinch. At the time of writing, the Quantum Rise speed changes have been on the server for less than a week, but it's clear that the interceptors are relatively untouched, if not better. They may not reach the utterly ludicrous speeds they did before, but they are now completely unchallenged as the fastest ship class in the game. The new bonus that reduces the signature penalty of an active Microwarpdrive makes interceptors the only class that can effectively speed-tank while using one; even medium sized gun are going to struggle to hit them now.

EVE Online Screenshot

Read A Guide to Interceptors

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• DeadHorse77DeadHorse77 Member Posts: 4

I've  been flying interceptors since they first came out and I agree they are one of the fastest ships out there :D

Undocking in the face of the DEC war corp and kicking the MWD as they tried to lock me was something else :)

• diwoqapdiwoqap Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Stradden

MMORPG.com EVE Online Correspondent Andrew Wallace writes this article giving players some tips to playing with the Interceptor class ship in EVE.

Interceptors are about speed and finesse. They are about precision and winning a fight in structure. They are about understanding the limitations of your ship and the limitations of your opponent. I suppose the latter would be true of any ship in EVE, but I think it applies to the interceptor most of all.
    Amongst the most fragile of all the combat ships in the game, a simple mistake can see you sitting in a pod in a matter of seconds. Skill, and even a bit of luck, can make a massive difference in a pinch. At the time of writing, the Quantum Rise speed changes have been on the server for less than a week, but it's clear that the interceptors are relatively untouched, if not better. They may not reach the utterly ludicrous speeds they did before, but they are now completely unchallenged as the fastest ship class in the game. The new bonus that reduces the signature penalty of an active Microwarpdrive makes interceptors the only class that can effectively speed-tank while using one; even medium sized gun are going to struggle to hit them now.
    EVE Online Screenshot

Read A Guide to Interceptors

wow....................................

• hrobertsonhrobertson Member Posts: 22

A really nice succinct summary of Interceptors. Thanks especially for including reflections on the effects of Quantum Rise.

Thanks

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Oh, nice one.

Additionally, read this nice guide on interceptor tactics on eve-tribune. Sure, it's already a bit old, but still standard literature for every interceptor pilot.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Nice!

Now a HAC Guide pls ;)