Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of returning - a few questions for current players!

Hello!

Im thinking of coming back to LOTRO, just started a new trial to make sure that i want to, and for the few hours i played on a dwarf champion yesterday i really enjoyed it!

So i was just wondering what the most populated English Europe server is? my trial account is on Eldar at the moment!

Also, when i last played over a year ago, there were alot of quests that required groups, i read somewhere that some have been downgraded to solo quests, is this true? Not that im particularily worried about that as i know there is plenty of content for solo players!

Also in Moria will you need a kinship to see the end instances or are they all smaller groups?

Thanks for your time! If i do go back ill got MoM straight away as its only £20!

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

I think all the English EU servers have a good population but they say Snowbourn is most populated (nobody knows for sure thou)

There is alot of solo quests in the game so you can level to cap just by doing them if you like but you will miss alot of the best content if you skip all group quests.

With Moria they have added alot of solo, 3-man, 6 man dungeons so there will br alot of content to do even if you are not in a kinship. Theese are also pretty short and will just take max 2 hours to complete so its perfect for casual players.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

I've played on evernight, that server is known as the least populated english server

and I never had problems when I wanted to find a group there ;-) so all servers are well populated

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Yea I think Snowbourn is generally regarded as the biggest population.

But personally I've never regarded a 'large server population' as something to be attracted to in most MMOs.  Sure its easy to get a party.. the PUG's are usually painfull and frustrating.

The fight over resources can get petty, people become personal and insulting.

I rolled on Gilrain, and its nice to see the same people running around the same guilds, there definatly seems to be more pleasentness and help which compensates for the lack of players.

Well whatever you chose, welcome back :)