Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane to blow away the industry...

There's a rumor going around that shadowbane is going to release something huge that's going to blow away all of the upcoming pvp centered games.  Some say it's a new engine, others are saying it's a new expansion that is going to be a real expansion.

I don't know about the rest of you but to me the mmorpg market looks pretty dull and shadowbane looks to be the only thing that's really "different" out there.  Everything else is the same old boring hack and slash mmorpg.  SB takes it to a whole new level. 

Nothing can beat the adrenaline rush that an open pvp environment delivers.

Check out this player vid I found:

http://www.pvpgamers.net/dra/EB.avi

Comments

• EgomancerEgomancer Member Posts: 54

Ubisoft Romania is developing an add-on for Shadowbane. I am not so sure if they will make a new engine for the client but it seems that Ubisoft still supports the product. The team so far is around 20 people so they are going to make some improvements because they have around 1 year to complete it.

They are remaking the graphics for the characters and for the monsters. As soon as I have new info I will let you know.

a

a

• FohmynFohmyn Member Posts: 9

There are rumors running around about a new expansion being planned. It is still pure rumor, but www.aerynth.com has suggested that a new expansion will be revealed at the upcoming Austin Game Conference. Here is the article, pasted for viewing convenience...

First off, let me go ahead and state this is a rumor but one that has been floating around pretty heavily as of late. The rumor is that there is another Shadowbane Expanion Pack in the works. If so, that would explain why the In-Development section of the Chronicle of Strife has not been updated even though the main and maintenance patches of The Secrets of Power have been placed on the game servers.

Speculation is that at the Austin Game Conference the Shadowbane Team will be unveiling it. What exactly will be this supposed Expansion Pack? Well, as many people will point out, Rise of Chaos did not make a lot of people happy. Before we all jump on that bandwagon, though, we must all remember that ROC was done prior to the acqisition of Wolfpack. Since then, though, I have been very happy with the leaps and bounds in improvents this game has made in a few months. The game as it was a year ago today is completely different to how it is now.

My guess is that since the last Expansion Pack was centered around Chaos this one will be one of the other forces. Hopefully it will be the Undead. I remember back in the Beta and Pre-Beta days when we were asking for Necromancers and the forces of the Undead... and for those of you that know your lore, the Undead are quite prominent in Shadowbane's History and in Shadowbane Events. Torvald, Ardan, Mistress Morte, Ithriana, Frykka, the Black, Tarrant the Pale... the list can go on and on.

With only a week to go till the Austin Game Conference, we should know soon whether this is just a rumor or the real deal.

Varys

If you were me, you'd be arrogant too.

• iverhaegeniverhaegen Member Posts: 19
    Shadowbane would be a game I'd go back to with some updates.  It was unique among all MMORPG's I've played and I enjoyed it very much, despite some major game issues.  The open PvP made for a much more 'social' environment cause you never survived on your own and the true fun lied in guild vs. guild warfare.

Superstar Sam
    COH
    Triumph Server
    Blaster Girl, The Enchanted One

Superstar Sam
    WoW
    Cenarion Circle Server
    Hansola - Tauren Druid

• m1k3lm1k3l Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by iverhaegen
    Shadowbane would be a game I'd go back to with some updates.  It was unique among all MMORPG's I've played and I enjoyed it very much, despite some major game issues.  The open PvP made for a much more 'social' environment cause you never survived on your own and the true fun lied in guild vs. guild warfare.

personaly i like pvp games that are more of a group thing cuz you meet new people and you always have someone on the game to talk to cuz i get bored of games sometimes because im chilling by my self on the game. if you have to be more social that makes more people play it.

"Everyone is intitled to there own opinions but doesnt mean its right!"

"Everyone is intitled to there own opinions but doesnt mean its right!"