Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So when is Open Beta then?!?

VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

Just thought I would get that one in first.

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

Comments

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

maybe 2nd quarter of 2009 if the release won't be pushed back.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

For the record:

They can take as long as they like, just so long as they don't require a cash deposit up front.

Originally posted by Vyrolakos
    For the record:
    They can take as long as they like, just so long as they don't require a cash deposit up front. image

Currently they have their own funds to develop the game.
    Mostly from selling shares. But they aren't forced to do this & that by the will of publisher, cause they don't have one. So you shouldn't expect them to release an unfinished product (as AoC or even WAR - as there was well know performance drop after OB), nor a product having 50% promised things cut off. That's why MO community won't whine when devs push back release date.
    Summer 2009 is a probably date if everything goes smooth, without any serious obstacles like pandemonium ;)

--
    /thread

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

I just visited the web site.Signed up for the newsletter.Looks like my kind of game.

• mikesanimmikesanim Member Posts: 4

Joshe what is your name on the mortal online forums?

First of all, the beta will possibly be first quarter of 2009, depending on how long alpha will last.  My guess is that private beta will probably start first quarter 09 (january or so), because alpha starts on the 27th (of november).  But beta will come when they are ready to have it.  It all depends on the bugs in alpha that they need to fix.

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by mikesanim

Joshe what is your name on the mortal online forums?

First of all, the beta will possibly be first quarter of 2009, depending on how long alpha will last.  My guess is that private beta will probably start first quarter 09 (january or so), because alpha starts on the 27th (of november).  But beta will come when they are ready to have it.  It all depends on the bugs in alpha that they need to fix.

Open Beta in the first quarter of 2009?  Where are all the screenshots from the game located on the forum?

• h00ligan182h00ligan182 Member Posts: 77

Whats up people. I just OFFICIALLY hopped onto the Mortal Online bandwagon. Picked up WAR a few days ago, and after being disappointed (as usual), I came back to the boards and starting lurking. I had been hearing talk about Mortal, and checked out their website. HOLY SWEET MOTHER.  This. Looks. AWESOME. just thought Id throw my 2cents in...

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by h00ligan182

This. Looks. AWESOME.

Where are these pictures everyone seems to be seeing?!  Link?

• ZageronZageron Member Posts: 22

There is a very, very, short gameplay clip that can be found somewhere on the forums. It's in an interview.

There is currently only ONE screen shot. More will be coming within the week, due to alpha testing.

• Stryver89Stryver89 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Ok, everyone that keeps saying talking about how amazing this game is, is basicing their judgment on what they have READ. Screenshots/Videos are only half of understanding a game.

Also I will admit this game seems amazing, I'm rather curious how sincere they are about a Summer launch. But hey if they can pull it off........... all the power to them. Mortalonline/Darkfall are my last hope for MMOs because every other game is just the same EQ formula.

• D.R.A.K.U.SD.R.A.K.U.S Member Posts: 1

I have provided the development time line of Mortal Online below that shows it's past and future progress.  Also please note the original concept of Mortal Online was first started way back in 2002.

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

That looks like a promising schedule. Hopefully they can make their announced release.

A lot of people will be happy that another 'sandbox' game is due out soon. Let's just hope that we don't get a glut of them and dilute the availbale 'hardcore' player base so thin that none of these new MMO's can survive.

It's all very well that at long last we may see another potential replacement for UO, but let's hope we don't see too many replacements for UO, eh.

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by D.R.A.K.U.S

I have provided the development time line of Mortal Online below that shows it's past and future progress.  Also please note the original concept of Mortal Online was first started way back in 2002.

Yeah, i don't think you need to know swedish to read this one, it says about the same as any game that would release, so i guess we can expect a Beta in the early 2009?

I can almost say im proud being a swede when our small country pops out some good stuff now and then.

If they fail, i'll just go and bash them irl :-p

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Originally posted by Bakoryo

Originally posted by D.R.A.K.U.S

Yeah, i don't think you need to know swedish to read this one, it says about the same as any game that would release, so i guess we can expect a Beta in the early 2009?

I can almost say im proud being a swede when our small country pops out some good stuff now and then.

If they fail, i'll just go and bash them irl :-p

If I make a list of questions can you go to SV and make them answer? Pretty please.

Actually, not so much a list of questions, just a sheet of paper that says "gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! gimme! "

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by joshe

Originally posted by Vyrolakos

For the record:

They can take as long as they like, just so long as they don't require a cash deposit up front.

Currently they have their own funds to develop the game.

Mostly from selling shares. But they aren't forced to do this & that by the will of publisher, cause they don't have one. So you shouldn't expect them to release an unfinished product (as AoC or even WAR - as there was well know performance drop after OB), nor a product having 50% promised things cut off. That's why MO community won't whine when devs push back release date.

Summer 2009 is a probably date if everything goes smooth, without any serious obstacles like pandemonium ;)

IF you think they won't whine your ONLY fooling yourself.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

(swallows hard and notes beta could be just around the corner)

Originally posted by FE|Tachyon

Who exactly ?
    Old members of MO forums ? Or newest incomers ?
    The second ones already started to whine.

--
    /thread

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by joshe

Who exactly ?

Old members of MO forums ? Or newest incomers ?

The second ones already started to whine.

I would say, A great deal of BOTH.  There are a few people who are just Forum Warriors anyway that will not whine, but I think everyone would be disappointed if the game didn't release as expected.

I would say, A great deal of BOTH.  There are a few people who are just Forum Warriors anyway that will not whine, but I think everyone would be disappointed if the game didn't release as expected.
    Can't say that I wouldn't be prostrated.
    But that's not the reason for mature members of any community to whine. Especially when there's no exact release date. Beside only summer.
    I suspect SV is able to make it until summer, but I'd like to get polished game despite getting rough material again.

--
    /thread