Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congratulations!

iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

Congratulations to everybody that have waited for so long Mortal online to become part of MMORPG.com

Cheers

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
______\m/_____
LordOfDarkDesire

Comments

• MptrMptr Member Posts: 20

..I don't like it at all. It will only bring a bunch of vapor trolls.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Mptr

Hope it will not happen again... Currently there are mo much promises and think our comunity really can be helpfull for developement of the game instead just insulting ppls one another.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by iZakaroN

Originally posted by Mptr

Hope it will not happen again... Currently there are mo much promises and think our comunity really can be helpfull for developement of the game instead just insulting ppls one another.

Not trying to troll, but I'm just curious how you think the MMORPG "community" affects a games development. 

• EelyenEelyen Member Posts: 5

Looks to be a interesting concept.  I look forward to hearing more about it :)

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

I agree ....you can't blame mmorpg.com for a games development .However if a game is good or bad once relased then mmorpg.com will have an impact :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by andmiller
    Not trying to troll, but I'm just curious how you think the MMORPG "community" affects a games development. 
    I hope you followed AoC for a while.
    After this game was listed here, a horde overhyped this game and flooded AoC forums. AoC has been released with such uber hype not even being finished and ready to release.
    Rest of the story you is well known.

The same it goes with DFo. Firstly overhyped, now it's being hated and called vaporware. Hated by ppl who want to play an UO's descendant, but don't believe in what they already have seen.

MO's community didn't want to see MO being listed here.
    I dunno wtf did it happened, cause afaik a game has to provide at least 5 authentic screenshots to be listed.
    And I see only an old concept art of Tindrem city.
    I've already seen how trollrpg.com community can do.
    But I know exactly what they can't do, and it definitely is reading 1st some info before vaporizing, hating, and bullshitting the product.
    I don't care if you believe, but it has a huge impact on the opinion about a game.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by joshe

Originally posted by andmiller

I hope you followed AoC for a while.

After this game was listed here, a horde overhyped this game and flooded AoC forums. AoC has been released with such uber hype not even being finished and ready to release.

Rest of the story you is well known.

The same it goes with DFo. Firstly overhyped, now it's being hated and called vaporware. Hated by ppl who want to play an UO's descendant, but don't believe in what they already have seen.

MO's community didn't want to see MO being listed here.

I dunno wtf did it happened, cause afaik a game has to provide at least 5 authentic screenshots to be listed.

And I see only an old concept art of Tindrem city.

I've already seen how trollrpg.com community can do.

But I know exactly what they can't do, and it definitely is reading 1st some info before vaporizing, hating, and bullshitting the product.

I don't care if you believe, but it has a huge impact on the opinion about a game.

The community has nothing to do with a game comming out half assed (AoC).  AoC was hyped by its devs, and the community. It wasn't the community that released AoC broken and with half advertized features missing.

And as for DFo , it has been mostly hyped by it's playerbase as the ultimate game. Reason for it's 'vaporware' name is from years of development and very little to show. We'll find out in a month or so to the status of DF.

I doubt the community here has much to do with any games final release. You have the opinions of ppl who follow a game or simply hate the games. I think it is much better than a website full of fanboys who only know how to kiss the devs @$$.

Originally posted by talismen351

The community has nothing to do with a game comming out half assed (AoC).  AoC was hyped by its devs, and the community. It wasn't the community that released AoC broken and with half advertized features missing.
    And as for DFo , it has been mostly hyped by it's playerbase as the ultimate game. Reason for it's 'vaporware' name is from years of development and very little to show. We'll find out in a month or so to the status of DF.
    I doubt the community here has much to do with any games final release. You have the opinions of ppl who follow a game or simply hate the games. I think it is much better than a website full of fanboys who only know how to kiss the devs @$$.

Then tell me, having overhyped game with thousands of players willing to play immediately would you:
    1. release the game as fast as you can, earning nice pile of cash
    2. continue development for next year, forcing players to become frustrated and then loosing interest -> less money from selling

I'm not talking about what is going to be after release.
    I'm pointing the fact of overhyping.

About fanboys kissing devs @sses, I bet you talk about your own experiences. Hope you had fun doing this.

As it goes to DFo, for me it shows plenty working things.
    I give a shoot if you hate it and vapor it, cause I know that after its release you will stand 1st in the queue to buy a box or gamecard.

--
    /thread

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

Well, there really are 2 things to consider when comparing MO to other recent titles-

MO isn't promising much at this stage, just hints as to what they want to do. It just happens that what they "want" to do, aligns very much with the UO concept. Either way, it will be a dev's game. No one else has had much influence in their decisions, other than the technology, up to now. I don't expect it to change in the coming years either. Yes I said years... MO is hopeful to be released by the end of next year, but it is highly unlikely. Probably 2010 at the very earliest. Plenty of time to finish hashing things out, if they decide to make sure everything is indeed hashed out before releasing. If the devs have listened to anything, in regards to MO, it is to not release too early, and to keep your cards close until you can show something proven. By that I mean graphics, mechanics, etc. They are much farther than they have let on, but they don't show anything until they are confident that it passes.

Now, if we WERE to compare it to another game, lets pick DFO, since they seem to want to be the most similiar to MO. DFO has actually promised much, and when they were ready to show, well... it isn't exactly inticing for many, given it's long development. Needless to say, this only added fuel to the DFO haters- and can you blame them?

So it will be refreshing if MO can keep their own game, not prostitute it to the masses, and make sure that what they show/ promise is actually working in game BEFORE they show off. If they do it right, you will see a blockbuster upon release....

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

• AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236

I think that was the most uninformative post I have ever read. I feel as though my IQ has actually decreased after reading that. Thanks :(

EDIT: For some bazaar reason, my post ended up here. I was referring to another post, OP. Your post was good. So good that it made me slightly horny. Is that wrong? My IQ really has taken a hit. I think I'm sitting at around an 80 now...

Then tell me, having overhyped game with thousands of players willing to play immediately would you:

1. release the game as fast as you can, earning nice pile of cash

2. continue development for next year, forcing players to become frustrated and then loosing interest -> less money from selling

I'm not talking about what is going to be after release.

I'm pointing the fact of overhyping.

About fanboys kissing devs @sses, I bet you talk about your own experiences. Hope you had fun doing this.

As it goes to DFo, for me it shows plenty working things.

I give a shoot if you hate it and vapor it, cause I know that after its release you will stand 1st in the queue to buy a box or gamecard.

I donno if overhyped players really make a difference on your release...look at DFo, delayed release a few times now n still have quite a following.

As for you thinking I kiss devs @sses, well this is exactly why I join no game site forum...cause fanboys as yourself don't give ppl a chance to be honest. I post only on the MMORPG forums.

And as for DFo, I don't give a rats @ss if it releases or not.I started following it back in '03, and waited for it supposed release a few times now. But the community of the forums there have totally turned me away from this game. All thinking as yourself...'The whole world will buy it n love it cause I do.' And secondly, I didn't say it was 'vaporware', I simply stated why many ppl think it is 'vaporware.' Pull your fanboyism outta your @ss n read the post.

Pull your fanboyism outta your @ss n read the post.
    you mean your trashtalk ? No thx

--
    /thread

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by iZakaroN

Congratulations to everybody that have waited for so long Mortal online to become part of MMORPG.com
    Cheers

I second that emotion!

Pull your fanboyism outta your @ss n read the post.
    you mean your trashtalk ? No thx

hmm...well you seem no stranger to trashtalk? After all, my post simply stated my opinion, while your post assumed to trashtalk me saying I was an @sskisser n you presumed because you are a DF fan then I must be.