Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyway to change?

i was wondering if there was anyway to change this game so it would be less like the console versions? is there anyway to set up the controls so you wont be able to have to use a gamepad? i wanted to try the game out but if it will be exactly like the ps2 version i dont wanna play. any help would be appreciated

Comments

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by xbellx777

i was wondering if there was anyway to change this game so it would be less like the console versions? is there anyway to set up the controls so you wont be able to have to use a gamepad? i wanted to try the game out but if it will be exactly like the ps2 version i dont wanna play. any help would be appreciated

You won't have to worry about this if you're playing the PC verison - it's all keyboard by default.

• GhostleaderGhostleader Member Posts: 71

I've never come across a situation were a gamepad would be anything but a hindrance

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Yeah you just have to install the game on pc (download it on net) and play with the same account you already have. (If you still have one on PS2,Xbox) so you dont have to buy the game again.

A tips: configure it to compact keyboatd in the option so you can walk with the (W,S,A,D Key) instead of the arrow key.

And Ghostleader, some people prefer the keyboard, so maibe you dont have problem with a gamepad but me i would rather not play FFXI if i didnt have the choice to take my keyboard and mouse.

I use the 8 4 6 and 2 keys to walk

The arrows keys are camera

....come to think of it I don't use the mouse at all

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

ok thank u i wasnt sure i just wanted to double check. i hate using the gamepad for a pc game ( seems like a step backwards in videogames except for sports games) thx again

Originally posted by xbellx777

ok thank u i wasnt sure i just wanted to double check. i hate using the gamepad for a pc game ( seems like a step backwards in videogames except for sports games) thx again

...and Devil May Cry 4, really need a gamepad for that

• AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by Ghostleader

I've never come across a situation were a gamepad would be anything but a hindrance

In FFXI I prefer using a gamepad over a keyboard. It takes some getting used to, but after a while it's no longer a hindrance :) 

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

you can play with a Wii mote if it make you feel better.

none

I play completely with the number pad and the arrow keys....and the esc button

The rest is for typing

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I tried playing with the keyboard and just could not get the hang of it so i just ended up hooking up my PS2 controller.