Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2: Favorite TSO dungeon and why?

winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Well the thread title pretty much says it. So whats your favorite new dugeon with the TSO expansion and why.

Also on the same note which do you think is the easiest? Please don't flame. I have a small guild group that gets together twice a week, core classes are Guardian, Warden, Conjuror, and Swashie. Sometimes can get friends / other guild mates to fill in the other 2 slots sometimes not so looking to start off easy and work up to the harder stuff as possible. TIA

Comments

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

The first instance of Miraguls in Everfrost seems to be doable, the second one we got was a wipe on the final boss.  Had a 4k lifetap AoE which he spammed continuously and minions that healed him for 5k a pop.  Took the fun right out of it.

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

Palace of Firzhul is off the hook. It's different, innovative, FUN!! Each boss room is a complete puzzle you have to figure out WHILE fighting a boss, and the last boss, OMG, well, I'll let you figure it out. Our tank got a fabled wrist out of there that was crazy. It's better than anything from RoK.

My absolute favorite though, would have to be Ruins of Guk: Outer Stronghold. At first, you fight a couple groups and everyone's throwing punches and launching spells. You're like, wow, these are some crazy groups to throw at you. BUT, that was just a warmup. The first puzzle room throws WAVE after WAVE after WAVE of 20+ groups of mobs at you. You think, omg, I can't believe we made it through all that, and BAM, here comes another wave. This goes on for like 30 minutes. You barely have time to turn around before the next wave hits ya.

You do a couple rooms after that and then go into the main part. Kill a few groups, go up to the top landing, and OMG, it starts all over again. Only this time they're bigger, badder, and more of them. WAVE after WAVE, well, you get the idea. I don't think I blinked once during the whole run. I was hitting buttons and using temps faster than I ever did in a raid.

Then you get to do a couple more rooms, and unlock the boss. You go in, face off, and... and... he's completely immune to everything you throw at him. LOL. We puzzled over this for a while, but we finally figured it out after an hour of dying or so, he went down to us. He was really tough, and he dropped a wrist that I use that's fabled and has ranged on it that I use with my Tangrin wrist, Yeah, that's how good it is, to take out ranged targets.

So far, the raids are cool, nothing spectacular yet. Although I really do like the variety of mobs, encounters and zone architecture. Each is completely different, and completely unique. The fights have been pretty hard so far, but just haven't gone far enough yet to do a complete analysis yet.

However, the group zones, and there's 20 of them, are unbelievable. All varied from your typical deep, dank, dungeon to spaceships, seriously, I'm not kidding. Palace of Firzhul is a spaceship. They did an awesome job on these dungeons, and soloers, get some friends and just go to a couple, you'll be so glad you did.

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."