Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Isle of Dawn

PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195

I'm starting the Isle of Dawn after playing the game at launch.

If anyone wants to play super super casually for the next 2 weeks we could group together and check out the game as a group.

I'm nearing finals week for school so my time is semi-limited but I can't just wait to try it.

Let's get a few people to post below who will play and we can group together. Older players interested in rolling an alt would work too. I'll post my in-game name when I get the client downloaded by tomorrow morning.

Comments

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

Just a word of caution.

While you can group on the island. None of the quests are specifically (group) "labelled" quests (they are all (solo) quests). I've played through the island with a small group, and you can do it easily with no problems as a group. We had great fun. The bad guys are that much easier to kill when working together. Just remember that you EACH need to complete the quests and the key bad guys need to be killed for each member of the group.

I guess when they created the free trial starting place they assumed that most people wouldn't be playing the free trial in a group? Shame really. But at least you know you can complete the whole island on your own if you need to.

Once off the island, group quests start at around level 8, but there is still a lot of solo quests to do if you want them.

One last piece of advice when playing the trial, it's not a race to level 10. Oh, and enjoy the (Pegasus) ride.

If you are in Europe, go for the Halgar server.

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

I do IoD on my alts when i re-roll them, got to level 10-10-10 and obtaining the 'secret stuff' is great fun

Secret Stuff - Slappys Whistle

Never ending Cookie Jar

Anything else?

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Vyrolakos

Just a word of caution.
    While you can group on the island. None of the quests are specifically (group) "labelled" quests (they are all (solo) quests). I've played through the island with a small group, and you can do it easily with no problems as a group. We had great fun. The bad guys are that much easier to kill when working together. Just remember that you EACH need to complete the quests and the key bad guys need to be killed for each member of the group.
    I guess when they created the free trial starting place they assumed that most people wouldn't be playing the free trial in a group? Shame really. But at least you know you can complete the whole island on your own if you need to.
    Once off the island, group quests start at around level 8, but there is still a lot of solo quests to do if you want them.
    One last piece of advice when playing the trial, it's not a race to level 10. Oh, and enjoy the (Pegasus) ride.
    If you are in Europe, go for the Halgar server.

I think that the ending quests in the temple are labelled group. And yes its easy in a group, try it solo as warrior next time. Mobs will respawn before you are finished with their adds

• GGaFxGGaFx Member Posts: 151

what server??

• PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195

I was going to roll on Seradon because I'd heard good things about the population there. If more interest is expressed today for another server I'll switch and just try one of the many other class choices available.

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

"I think that the ending quests in the temple are labelled group."

Happy to be proven wrong, but I don't believe that is the case. It's all labelled up as Solo quests.

Maybe some of the things killed while in a group count towards everybodies (solo) quest goals, can't remember now.

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Vyrolakos

"I think that the ending quests in the temple are labelled group."
    Happy to be proven wrong, but I don't believe that is the case. It's all labelled up as Solo quests.
    Maybe some of the things killed while in a group count towards everybodies (solo) quest goals, can't remember now.

Actually I think it is small group.  VG really has several classifications.  solo, small group (2-3, but doable solo), group (generally a full group 5-6), and various sized raids.

I think the last part of Iod is small group.  But it is soloable for many classes and pretty tough.

---
    Ethion