Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A generic combat simulator

TenSpottingTenSpotting Member Posts: 367

A generic hack and slash combat simulator with poor graphics, poor animations, poor modelling work and little to no information 1 month before a supposed launch.

Is this the game everyone has been waiting for for the last 7 years?

Because that's all there is to see 1 month before commercial launch.

Comments

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by TenSpotting

A generic hack and slash combat simulator with poor graphics, poor animations, poor modelling work and little to no information 1 month before a supposed launch.

Ya hear the news? Were bein called the "top" trolls. Clearly with posts like this however, Im the Mr. Spock to your Captain Kirk.

Fire the forum torpedos! Full spread!

• nileqnileq Member Posts: 476
    Originally posted by Arcken

Ya hear the news? Were bein called the "top" trolls. Clearly with posts like this however, Im the Mr. Spock to your Captain Kirk.

Fire the forum torpedos!

Haha.. yes Arcken I think you will have to take the back seat.

I have nothing clever to say.

Originally posted by nileq

Fire the forum torpedos!

Tenspotting is my moral compass. If I start to make a thread, and I realize its something hed say, I delete, sit back, and wait for him to say it instead. Hilarity always ensues.

• originaleggoriginalegg Member Posts: 1,099

So what is tenspotting being reported for today since someone beat me to it?

Trolling?

Title-worthy?

It blows my mind that he hasn't been permabanned yet, but at least he is always good for reassurance that people are legit scared about DF's progress and all the beta reports saying its all that and then some.

oooh sorry, "supposed beta reports" /tinfoil

• AnsgarIsenAnsgarIsen Member Posts: 118

Well, if it actually were good at only that, it might be worth a try, as so far all the major released games failed miserably at that.

If it turns out as a surprise and will exceed in the other points, all the better.

While I'm really looking forward to see this game released after all these years, I share parts of your scepticism about it. The difference being that I'm still an idividual following the "glass half full" rule and enjoying the biggest part of my life, accepting things can't be all trimmed 100% to my personal preference, but still be a lot of fun.

On a side note, it's fun in itself how you come up with some new acronym in some thread, just to fall in love with it enough right away to feel the obligation to start a whole new thread about it...reminds me very much of my time in university studies...go ahead please!

Fire the forum torpedos!

Tenspotting is my moral compass. If I start to make a thread, and I realize its something hed say, I delete, sit back, and wait for him to say it instead. Hilarity always ensues.

Yes, so I would suspect.

How does it feel to be a follower of a former web-developer of a defunct MMO-project?

One that when his project got cancelled, proceeded to become a "stalker" of DFO.

Sending e-mails pretending to be an investor, spreading the roumor that "Red Bull" (how the hell he came up with that beats me) was thinking of buying DFO, and so forth.

Feels nice to be a follower of that?

heh..

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

Out of curiousity what MMO was he developing, Mourning?

Originally posted by OBK1

We have a winner!!

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

We have a winner!!

yep

Oh dear, I actually bought that sorry excuse of a game when they "released". It had some interesting ideas, at least on paper, but that whole fiasco taught me a valuable lesson about buying games solely based on developers promises...

Oh dear, I actually bought that sorry excuse of a game when they "released". It had some interesting ideas, at least on paper, but that whole fiasco taught me a valuable lesson about buying games solely based on developers promises...

Yeah when the developers should be learning from the players, instead theyre the ones teaching us......

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

You don't have ..Italian press member  Von's  first impression after being confronted with the game : 

" ONLY a word: WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!! "

If you mind his second impression :

"exactly what we were waiting for years!"

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

I'm not quite sure how to interpret your post Arcken.

However, I must add that I too am a little sceptical about Darkfall. Hopefully it will turn out fine, but this time I will wait at least for reviews or maybe even a free trial. The promises from the Darkfall team sounds great though, on the other hand I just hate PvP, I want a living and breathing fantasy world and maybe pvp but then pvp should have severe consequences. We will just have to wait a little longer I suppose.

Fire the forum torpedos!

Yes, so I would suspect.

How does it feel to be a follower of a former web-developer of a defunct MMO-project?

One that when his project got cancelled, proceeded to become a "stalker" of DFO.

Sending e-mails pretending to be an investor, spreading the roumor that "Red Bull" (how the hell he came up with that beats me) was thinking of buying DFO, and so forth.

Feels nice to be a follower of that?

heh..

Follower? Nah, hes the catalyst for many an explosion here on the forums. I went to high school with a guy who always snapped. At the drop of a hat the dukes came out, I watched the guy get in trouble everywhere. I wouldnt say I was his friend, but you can bet if someone told me he was going to be at a party i was invited to, Id be more inclined to show up to see what trouble he was gonna stir up.

• TenSpottingTenSpotting Member Posts: 367

We have a winner!!

No no.. I am actually a Age of Conan developer..

Entertainment is so easy to come by here.

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157

the funny thing is, when df comes out, it will sit next to all the other mmos out there, with its nice little niche section of the market, and the 'trolls' trainspotting and parker coat will undoubtfully move onto the next game..

because they have nothing better to do in thier sad little pathetic lives, other than come on to the internet and badmouth something they have no control over.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

We have a winner!!

No no.. I am actually a Age of Conan developer..

Entertainment is so easy to come by here.

you still dont have room to talk

• WildbeardWildbeard Member UncommonPosts: 137

sigh

you need your daily hypocrit quote to get through another day in your miserable life?

here you complain about people waiting and in other thread you are complaining USA dont get enough attention from Aventurine and you call them prejudice.

THink to yourself what is more sad ....someone waiting for a game and being hopefull about it , or someone(LIKE YOU) feeling the need to , almost daily , post negative comments on a game.

lighten up mate , try not to bitch and complain one day in your life and see how it lifts your spirits up high.

Originally posted by Wildbeard

sigh
    you need your daily hypocrit quote to get through another day in your miserable life?
    here you complain about people waiting and in other thread you are complaining USA dont get enough attention from Aventurine and you call them prejudice.
    THink to yourself what is more sad ....someone waiting for a game and being hopefull about it , or someone(LIKE YOU) feeling the need to , almost daily , post negative comments on a game.
    lighten up mate , try not to bitch and complain one day in your life and see how it lifts your spirits up high.

You DO understand that the only reason I do this is to watch the fanboys dance around right?

I couldn't give a rats ass if this game comes out tomorrow and has more players than WoW or sinks to the botyom of lake erie. It's all entertainment to me.

And they do dance.... 

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

sigh

You DO understand that the only reason I do this is to watch the fanboys dance around right?

I couldn't give a rats ass if this game comes out tomorrow and has more players than WoW or sinks to the botyom of lake erie. It's all entertainment to me.

And they do dance.... 

And no matter how many times you point it out, the beat goes on. Pure comedy gold.

• WildbeardWildbeard Member UncommonPosts: 137

sigh

I couldn't give a rats ass if this game comes out tomorrow and has more players than WoW or sinks to the botyom of lake erie. It's all entertainment to me.

And they do dance.... 

Well then ....

If you are opnely admitting to just trolling the darkfall forum to make DF fans dance i ask to administrators  that you get banned .

If you are opnely admitting to just trolling the darkfall forum to make DF fans dance i ask to administrators  that you get banned .

Who cares about being banned from some internet boards?

This discussion has been closed.