Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SAVE TABULA RASA

13»

Comments

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

R.I.P. Tabula Rasa. A lovely attempt to depart from the WoW inspiration, but ultimately too much potential not lived up to.

P.S. Wow popularity=having "Blizzard" name on the box. End of story.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Scottgun

R.I.P. Tabula Rasa. A lovely attempt to depart from the WoW inspiration, but ultimately too much potential not lived up to.

P.S. Wow popularity=having "Blizzard" name on the box. End of story.

Funny, TR had Richard "Father of mmorpgs" Garriott, and where did it end up?

WoW popularity = Blizzard being good at what they do and focusing on the game they made. Didn't see any Blizzard devs running away from their game to go on a space jaunt.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I always wanted to try out this game, never got round to it. now I get to play it free for a month hopefully id ont end up liking it

My blog: image

• arrowotwoodarrowotwood Member Posts: 66

Am I the only one wondering why they can't make it F2P with ingame advertisement?... Exteel & Dungeon Runners are F2P and they run fine, decent population playing the game with quite a number of advertisements in Exteel. RGTR is a futuristic game, so advertisements won't really do any damage to it...

... Seems like I pressed ENTER to early :p so the poll's messed up & can't edit >_<

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by arrowotwood

Am I the only one wondering why they can't make it F2P with ingame advertisement?... Exteel & Dungeon Runners are F2P and they run fine, decent population playing the game with quite a number of advertisements in Exteel.

Like time I checked Exsteel also has a cash shop... I doubt the in-game ads support it. I've never played Dungeon Runners but I would suspect it is in the same boat.

• ZimoHZimoH Member UncommonPosts: 20

I just wish that Richard didnt fill his pockets and used TR as an mofo xcuse to get his butt launched in thin air for a shitload of millions, but donated some of his egotestical earned money in the game  and tried to save it but noooo.... jump the ship before its to late and NCsoft just let him get away with it. His goodbye letter from the game is even a bigger laugh

• HoppimikeHoppimike Member Posts: 16

well, if it hasn't already been shouted out come and check out this site:

http://www.changingwind.org/savetr/news.php

All we can do is try =)

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by hoppimike

All we can do is try =)

Try for what?  TR is not a game alot of people want to play.  It's quite simple really.  The game "as is" isnt interesting enough to capture an audience and allow it to operate at a level that is self sustainable.  Those of us that tried to make suggestions about improving the game and making it a viable option for many gamers were either crucified by the fanbois or ignored.  We gave up and quit.  So tell me, why do you want to save TR?  It barely has an audience. 

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• spector75spector75 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Holy Epic necro batman....  really, thats all that can be said here.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Why save bad games ?

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Why save bad games ?

• TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by hoppimike

All we can do is try =)

That is one daffy website you've got yourself there. I can't tell if you're saying that NCsoft should save Tabula Rasa by ending the conflict in Darfur, or if you're saying that Angelina Jole is going to save Tabula Rasa by making an appeal to the United Nations on its behalf.

• ZenoLocZenoLoc Member UncommonPosts: 71

Sometimes you just have to face the fact that there comes a time when you have to take Old Yeller out behind the barn and pull the trigger....

• luckturtzluckturtz Member Posts: 422

If Ncsoft want to they could have merged servers,find a payment plan that work and keep TR open.Ncsoft does not want TR around as simple as that they are washing their hands clean.If piece of crap like 2moons,Cabal and Shaiya can survive,Medicore games like Aoc,AO,Shadowbane and Vanguard can survive.Their is no reason that TR should be closing especially with ncsoft experiance with free to play games

I feel bad for TR players because Ncsoft is just throw away game.I hope some company can snag TR away from them reopen and it ,become a moderate sucess.

• TidusRTidusR Member Posts: 42

R.I..P Tabula Rasa you will vbe missed.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Served then well for nerfin my loved netgun.  I know it was overpowered, but.. who cares on a PVE centric game?  F*** YOU TABULA!.

Ok, I somewhat sad. It was not a bad game, there are much worst game out here alive. It don't deserve it.

• erkinbabaerkinbaba Member UncommonPosts: 79

Tabula Rasa ... Another K.I.A.

Which one is next  ? And yeah, I'm sorry for Tabula too, had great times playing it. Atm, MMO industry is going down faster than ever. Shitty titles, unfinished products... These are bad days, darkest time of the night. Hope we'll see the sunlight soon.

• abhaighabhaigh Member Posts: 390
    Originally posted by TidusR

R.I..P Tabula Rasa you will vbe missed.

Give it a little less lead and you won't miss the next shot

• dknight784dknight784 Member Posts: 44

Tabula Rasa might not be the only one going down..

I hear Age of Conan could be shutting down