Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Game BUT

Like so many of the old timed games it just wont match up anymore, they were built for the small community of fresh out of college pale faced pimpled out kids that had a bunch of people in their basement screaming "for frodo" while playing the game, but they cant match not only...

The quality of graphics that are needed to keep the attention of the ADD blistered children of today's day and age

The servers cant hold the amount of people that would play if the other req was up to par

And the abuse-ability ( ill elaborate)

It takes around an hour to hit max level with a high enough mage running around power leveling you, the botting is non-stop, even gamers that consider themselves legit bot, beleive it or not people sell game for this game still, and the stat hacks are rediculous..

Now i know adapting things from other games seems to be non-stop insulted but install a virus protecter ( this is directed to who ever runs knight *if anyone* ) put in a spam filter and make experience decrease depending on whoever is in the party..

The quests in this game are amazing

The pvp is so hard it's fun

It STILL has potential... just update the graphics and.. do all the other stuff..

I'd probably play if the servers wernt constantly full lol.. regardless of bots and such-what

-----------------------------
IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

Comments

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Pepsipwnzgod

Like so many of the old timed games it just wont match up anymore, they were built for the small community of fresh out of college pale faced pimpled out kids that had a bunch of people in their basement screaming "for frodo" while playing the game, but they cant match not only...

The quality of graphics that are needed to keep the attention of the ADD blistered children of today's day and age
    The servers cant hold the amount of people that would play if the other req was up to par
    And the abuse-ability ( ill elaborate)
    It takes around an hour to hit max level with a high enough mage running around power leveling you, the botting is non-stop, even gamers that consider themselves legit bot, beleive it or not people sell game for this game still, and the stat hacks are rediculous..
    Now i know adapting things from other games seems to be non-stop insulted but install a virus protecter ( this is directed to who ever runs knight *if anyone* ) put in a spam filter and make experience decrease depending on whoever is in the party..

The quests in this game are amazing
    The pvp is so hard it's fun
    It STILL has potential... just update the graphics and.. do all the other stuff..

I'd probably play if the servers wernt constantly full lol.. regardless of bots and such-what

Some parts confused me. When you say it takes around an hour to get to max level. Were you the one getting power leveled by chance?

And who would want to play with the ADD blistered children of today anyway? Jeezuz you get enough of them on WoW. You must be some sort of pedo -_- Someone call the cops!

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Getting max level takes at least 5-6 months if played legit and that is playing like 5+ hours EVERY DAY. If you hit max level congrats cause that shit is a grind.

• FarizleFarizle Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Holst86

This game is working with a goldseller site btw, so it makes me wonder why they even have it on their game list, if mmorpg.com now is supposed to be a serious gamer community.

Do you have evidence to support this claim? The internet is full of lies, don't believe everything you read! Knight Online (KO) has taken action to combat gold farmers in recent years (such as: all user's total money in form of noah or bars were reduced to a specific amount to combat inflation, but user's outrage forced the KO team to reverse this action).

As with all f2p games its only purpose is to milk as much cash as possible out of the industry.

Why wouldn't Pay-to-play games be the exact same? It seems that a F2P game has more incentive to create a good game since a small to large portion of their player base would not be paying to play. Making a good game would attract more players, so paying subscribers of the game could possibly increase and the company could make more profit.

Just look at Runes of Magic (ROM), a F2P game with attractive graphics (compared to KO) and fun gameplay. You can buy items from their shop, but it would be fair to say that the company behind ROM does not have the same profit as a Pay-to-play game such as World of Warcraft (WoW).

I've played WoW since 3 months before the release of the Burning Crusade expansion, and I have noticed that the game has been curving more towards casual players (in terms of raiding progression which is easier compared to vanilla WoW and BC, XP required to reach 80, the level required to get a mount, welfare epics from badges, etc.), especially with the release of Wrath. Statistics from www.worldofraids.com before the release of Wrath showed only ~1% of WoW players fought Illidan and saw him die in the BC expansion, so one could make the argument that Blizzard has made WoW easier to attract and keep more casual gamers to make more money.

Dont play these games, you ruin for the rest of us if you do.

I've been playing KO on and off for at least 4 years, and have enjoyed the upgrades to the game such as more quests, more PvP events, User-interface changes, etc. While KO probably has an interest in making money, so does about every other game (and more general, every other company) you can think of. Welcome to the corporate world, where you can't spend 1 day outside without being subjected to some kind of product advertisement.