Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF an ORIGINAL mmorpg

I'm looking for a game with original gameplay, something innovative.

Here is what I'd like it had:

Good graphics, just good. I don't have a ZOMGSOPOWERFUL computer.

Use of keyboard to fight (I can get used to mouse though...)

I don't like F1-F12 action bars, so avoid them.

Not too much grinding, but if there is, it shouldn't be THAT repetitive.

Action-loaded. I don't like games where you click on a monster and sit back until it dies. I don't like clicking monsters at all.

Crafting and upgrading should not play a very important role.

Pvp only in certain areas or being able to switch it off.

I would REALLY like it was a F2P, but if you know any P2P that's worth it, post it.

Variety of classes (6 will do)

Rich character creation

Here are the games I've played so far:

Maple story (loved it until grinding became too excesive, around lvl60)

Gunz (I guess I'm not good at PVP FPS's... sigh)

Lunia (pre-made characters? no, thank you)

Dark eden (sloooooow and bad graphics)

Flyff (hate the fact that I need to change weapons to buff my assist)

Perfect world (so annoying camera!)

Rune scape (no browser-based games please)

Gun bound (is there anybody who hasn't played this one? lol)

Ragnarok (I still play this one. I see it's end though)

Ghost online (OMG! It just mysteriously disappeared from my desktop)

Thank you all :)

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Uhm, there isn't really many original MMOs out there at all, and the only original F2P I tried was really bad.

A few games like no other MMOs:

Guildwars: GW is closer to Diablo then Wow, even though combat is a lot more advanced. It have a great story and is the only original MMO without a monthly fee. It still cost money to buy the box however. It have few things we havn't seen in a single player game, most of it is nothing we seen in a MMO/CORPG before.

Eve: There is nothing like Eve out there, a Sci.fi game with a very different system. Can't really describe it, check out their homepage.

Uhm... Cant think of much other games that not are the same Everquest based games we see all around us. Anarchy online could be worth trying, part of it is free.

Good luck

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

I don't get what you mean by not wanting to click on monsters. Upon agroing more than one mob you are going to have to target something. I guess you mean you rather tab target? Also every game requires grinding and it does get repetitive unless you break it up yourself by doing crafting, pvp, or dungeon crawls. The only game that will be coming out that has no grinding (no levels) will be Darkfall and it will be an open pvp game. There is also Ultima Online, but that's a bit old.

Anyways this is what I suggest:

Guild Wars - Fits the majority of what you're looking for and it's F2P after you buy the game. You can also set it to tab target and I really don't remember how grindy it is.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I'd recommend Guild Wars too. It fits most of what you're looking for.

Most of all - there's no grind!