Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: New Deal for Buddy Program

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

CCP has posted new changes to EVE Online's buddy program, which now offers enhanced incentives for all parties involved.

The Buddy Program has been updated with new incentives for all parties involved. Players can now invite friends to EVE for an extended 21-day Trial, and for each trial user that becomes a subscriber, the person that invited them will get an extra 30 days of game time added to their account. Invite form and detailed information can be found on the Buddy Program page in Account Management.

» Each Active Subscription Account (trial accounts do not qualify for this promotion) can send Buddy Program invites.

» Only accounts created through this emailed invite are valid for this offer. Be sure your friends use the invite to create their account in order for you to earn your game time when they subscribe to EVE Online.

» Eligible subscription activations can be funded by any payment method except EVE Time Codes.

» Trial accounts must subscribe within one week following the trial expiration to qualify for the promotion.

» Please note that once your friend purchases an EVE Online subscription, your 30 free days may take up to 24 hours to be applied.

» Buddies must activate their 21-day trial no later than December 1st.

» Buddies must purchase a subscription to EVE online within 7 days of their trial expiring, in order for your free 30 days to be awarded.

Read more here.

Comments

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

Great idea tbh, thx CCP

• Dregard44Dregard44 Member Posts: 103

Anyone want to send me an invite? [email protected]

I will definitely be subscribing.

A Legend was Born

• GNimmoGNimmo Member Posts: 10

There you go mate, you will probably be receiving about 20 invites, but at least one from me.

Enjoy!

• brenthbrenth Member UncommonPosts: 301

maby they should fix the anti-casual player environment that keeps all players away except for hardcore PVP gankers.

CCP has lost many more players to that than they could ever hope to get with some  player beg

its so sad they are proud of having only 250k subscribers  hald of those being doublr accounts or farmers.  (WOW the largest player base, for example has 11 million)

make a world, not a game, we dont want another game.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by brenth

maby they should fix the anti-casual player environment that keeps all players away except for hardcore PVP gankers.
    CCP has lost many more players to that than they could ever hope to get with some  player beg
    its so sad they are proud of having only 250k subscribers  hald of those being doublr accounts or farmers.  (WOW the largest player base, for example has 11 million)

what's odd, is your quote -- "make a world, not a game, we dont want another game."

wow made a game, just like any other fantasy game.  eve made a new universe, unlike the status quo.   

back to the topic... is it odd to play a game, but to not have any desire to invite any of your friends to play the game?   that's eve for me.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• GNimmoGNimmo Member Posts: 10

Heh, don't worry, I gave up on trying to get my friends interested about a year and a half ago, so you aren't alone on that one.