Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game really have Tonfas?

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Tonfa is my favorite martial art weapon. I am a Red belt in Karate and Practice the Tonfa as my main Weapon of self defense can usually handle Bo and Jo staffs fairly well only Escrima sticks and Sai  give me trouble. Anyawys

I posted on the LF game forum about me wanting a game that lets me use tonfas as my main primary weapon. The person who posted on that thread said this one of the games that does that?

Well, I want to know if this is true? Can I use tonfas and choose them as my main weapon?

Also this a tradtional mmorpg or a overhead view mmorpg stratagy game, I never even herd of this game before yesterday so Ill ask a few questions about it

#1 is it grind based or sandbox?

#2 Cash shop or no cash shop?

#3 when is this big new graphics update coming?

#4 Did this game ever have a retail?

#5 What year was this game released in the US?

#6 Which country does this game come from?

#7 How large the population on this game currently?

#8 is there a big open world to explore the size and depth of games such as Morrowind? Where there are caves and stuff you can run into?

#9 Can I really use Tonfa as my main weapon from level 1- max? Can I choose a class that masters the Tonfa?

Comments

• SatertekSatertek Member Posts: 28

There is a Tonfa, however, but only with the paid expansions added.

For your other questions, it can be a bit of a grind at times (it IS an MMO after all), but the depth of character customization is what I love about it (very rare to see characters set up the same except for the first few levels)

All the release details are on the Wikipedia page, but in short, it was released as a retail MMO in 2001, the launch was shaky and the game's population never reallly took off.  There is a dedicated player base however, and the game that is free today is the same game (plus 7 years of updates) that people paid $15/month for back then.  So it is top notch quality.

As far as your Morrowind reference, the game world is pretty big, and although in most cases you can't randomly wander and enter dungeons, you're able to spawn your own randomly generated dungeons (called missions) by yourself or with teammates.

Hope that helps :)

• DarkkbloodDarkkblood Member Posts: 1
  • Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Hmm only 1 tonfa..nvm No point in playing this game over 1 weapon, that i prob can't use the entire time I am playing and do well with it.