Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek XI

I never been much of a Star Trek fan, but after watching the trailer I a may need to check it out.

ca.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

First time I have seen that one.   I do not like it.   It felt like it was a trailer for a Marvel Comics movie.    The one that showed the steel workers welding on Enterprise was way better.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Cant wait for it

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I am very psyched to see the trailer, but I am going to wait until I see Quantum of Solace next week so I can see it on the ol' big screen for the first time. It's all due to a little thing I like to call self restraint.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

I hate all ST other than the first series with kirk and spock this trailer excited me so much!

can't wait!

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162

I've been a Trek fan since I was a wee lad in 1966. I've enjoyed TOS, TNG, DS9 (my favorite series for great storytelling and character development) and also enjoyed most of the movies. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical when I heard that Abrams was doing his reboot of Star Trek. While I wasn't a big Alias fan and thought Cloverfield was ok I am a big fan of Lost so I know Abrams is able to tell an compelling story. I wasn't all that crazy about Simon Pegg as Scotty and thought the part really belonged to Paul McGillion of SG:A. But no matter. The casting was done and I was willing to see how things panned out. After seeing some of the pics of the actors in character I started to have better feelings about this movie, though I was a bit disappointed in their design of the Enterprise. I was hoping they would stay as close to the TOS design as possible. I thought the remastered TOS showed that the original design could still hold up even after all these years and that it would be very cool to see the original ship on the big screen. I managed to see to the trailer online and really liked what I saw. There are those Trek fans who think this movie flies in the face of Trek "cannon" but, again, I'm will to give Mr. Abrams the benefit of the doubt. I can usually find something good about anything realted to Star Trek, with the exception of Voyager and Star Trek V so I'll go see Abrams take on the Star Trek universe with an open mind. It feels good to feel good about Star Trek again and may the Great Bird of the Sky fly again!

• stegoman05stegoman05 Member Posts: 2

If it havent been posted yet here is the HD versions at apple

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

DAMN!

It's about time they got truly creative with the series. I haven't seen anything like that since Farscape!

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I dunno.....

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Looks like Armageddon meets Dawsons Creek to me.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

something really neat to look forward too

very excited about it