Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no one knows any1 in beta yet?

TenSpottingTenSpotting Member Posts: 367

seriously.. if they let even a few decent sized guilds into beta..  you would hear from someone about it already somewhere.

I know if I was in.. there'd already be leaked info. you can't enforce NDA's and you can't police the anonymous internet.

Here it is Nov 14 and there's still no real Beta going that anyone knows of.

Comments

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

It makes me sad when people breaks the NDA.  I am the type that believes in abiding by what you agree to.

Howver, I am not a very agreeable person, so I guess it balance it out. LOL

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

i too hate NDA breakers, however i think for such a secretive game it would be nice to hear from people....even if all i get is, yes i am in Beta.

until i hear that (from someone i can trust) i have my suspicions

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• WOTDOUPLAYWOTDOUPLAY Member Posts: 139

i realllllyyyy hope the team behind this game would tell us what the f**k is going on. or mabye a few people come on here and post some beta screenies or somfen =[

i want this game to succeed. but i really doubt they will if they keep this crap up

AWEG RJN

• MakestroMakestro Member Posts: 218

its sucks because it does sit in the back of our minds that there might not even be a beta like last year.

I think the reason info isn't being leaked is people are having to much fun to risk losing their account. I'm sure the people who know people are keeping quiet because they don't want their inside informer.

www.scarybadguys.com

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Three possible reasons:

1] There is no Beta.

2] People are actually adhering to the NDA (highly unlikely given past Beta's)

3] The Beta intake is staff, friends and family only. Maybe ~30 people in total.

• Greek_MattGreek_Matt Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

Three possible reasons:
    1] There is no Beta.
    3] The Beta intake is staff, friends and family only. Maybe ~30 people in total.

True, but if it is 3]  (the most likely scenario by far) then it's not really "beta", it's still just part of the Alpha phase... which leads us right back to 1].

Oh wait... there's also those AI bots. Heh.

• MakestroMakestro Member Posts: 218

we'll see in 2 weeks

www.scarybadguys.com

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Baggs

Originally posted by TenSpotting

seriously.. if they let even a few decent sized guilds into beta..  you would hear from someone about it already somewhere.
    I know if I was in.. there'd already be leaked info. you can't enforce NDA's and you can't police the anonymous internet.

I don't want people to get in trouble, but a few words about their experience on the game would 100000% sky rocket the already unreal hype for this game.

If you ask me, there is no beta.

I even dare to think they just started alpha testing(in terms of people allowed in) and allowed the forum mods,friends and family to play.

I'm Greek and i really want this game to come out as it will bring some attention to my country and "new" jobs will be offered/created.

Umm Ok I'll put myself in the I don't get it catagory. If there is a beta going on and someone leaked it they'd be what kicked out of beta and have to wait a month to play? or is there some worse punishment.

Second considering the games due for release next month what exactly is the purpose of the NDA? They state the games 100% complete so it can't be that they are hiding anything right? Also since the game going live next month it really can't be they don't want their game secrets leaked as whats the difference in a month?

So while I would be interested to hear any real information on the game (Not just more Dev promises or Fan imagined hype) I remain doubtfull of the impending Open beta, and December release. Aventurine just has always showed they can't really stick to any kind of timetable/schedule.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

OP Tasos said "don't take it personally" if you  not in beta..i say  in your case take it personally....its because threads like this lol

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• TenSpottingTenSpotting Member Posts: 367

I couldn't care less if I get in right now or not because the mighty Tasos also said that EVERYONE will get a chance to play before buying right?

Not really sure HOW they plan on doing that when it's already Nov 14'th and there's no massive public beta going yet and the game is supposed to be out before Dec 31'st.

It's just plain ridiculous. There's no way this game is coming out this year and they are still not denying that it will.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

I couldn't care less if I get in right now or not because the mighty Tasos also said that EVERYONE will get a chance to play before buying right?
    Not really sure HOW they plan on doing that when it's already Nov 14'th and there's no massive public beta going yet and the game is supposed to be out before Dec 31'st.
    It's just plain ridiculous. There's no way this game is coming out this year and they are still not denying that it will.

so what crystal ball do you own?

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by downtoearth

it might be called "reality".

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

Three possible reasons:
    1] There is no Beta.

Agreed.

2 would be best but unlikely, 3 would be OK, 1 would make me cry.

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

"...and allowed the forum mods,friends and family to play."

Have you dared to post a "that's already answered in the FAQ" type question over on the Darkfall forums?

The mods are on you like savage dogs within 5 minutes. Quite literally five minutes.

They must be very talented to be Beta testing and moderating a forum for such small 'transgressions' so thoroughly...

If it's not the long suffering 'volunteer' forum moderators who are Beta testing then I wonder who is Beta testing?

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by damian7

Originally posted by downtoearth

it might be called "reality".

who knows we will find out wont we.

never siad he was wrong to be honest im just saying he needs to stop posting his opinion like its facted

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by winter

Originally posted by Baggs

I don't want people to get in trouble, but a few words about their experience on the game would 100000% sky rocket the already unreal hype for this game.

If you ask me, there is no beta.

I even dare to think they just started alpha testing(in terms of people allowed in) and allowed the forum mods,friends and family to play.

I'm Greek and i really want this game to come out as it will bring some attention to my country and "new" jobs will be offered/created.

Umm Ok I'll put myself in the I don't get it catagory. If there is a beta going on and someone leaked it they'd be what kicked out of beta and have to wait a month to play? or is there some worse punishment.

Second considering the games due for release next month what exactly is the purpose of the NDA? They state the games 100% complete so it can't be that they are hiding anything right? Also since the game going live next month it really can't be they don't want their game secrets leaked as whats the difference in a month?

So while I would be interested to hear any real information on the game (Not just more Dev promises or Fan imagined hype) I remain doubtfull of the impending Open beta, and December release. Aventurine just has always showed they can't really stick to any kind of timetable/schedule.

I seriously don't get why people believe the part I high-lighted above.

Let's say I made it into Beta and I decided I wanted to leak some info without getting caught.

Step one... download pics onto a flash drive.

Step two... go to a public place that has internet access.

Step three... create a new account on said place you want to post Beta information.

Step four... post said Beta evidence.

Step five... go back home and keep on playing Beta without the slighest chance of them knowing it was you who leaked the info.

Seriously... I know I am not the only one that is able to think of that very easy way to have zero chance of being detected as an "NDA-breaker" of a Beta.  It's been done thousands of times in hundreds of Beta's... most of the time exactly as I out-lined above.

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

2 weeks left to start and finish Open beta and there is still no evidence whatsoever that closed beta has actually even started yet, not a good sign.

I think almost certain that this “public” beta is actually still just a very small and very select group of friends, associates and trusted guild and long term community supporters that have been invited.

When I say very small I mean probably only 10 or 20 people so far, it’s the only way to explain zero leakage.

So far it would appear Tasos is still being just as misleading and manipulative as he has always been.

Very silly of him and Aventurine to do this when it was there last chance to show they had any credibility left at all.

Originally posted by Polarization

2 weeks left to start and finish Open beta and there is still no evidence whatsoever that closed beta has actually even started yet, not a good sign.

Hadn't even thought of that.

This whole thing is becoming farcical. Fast.

I'm going to be interested to read the DF Cultist's responses if January '09 rolls around and there's no release or even OB. Although they're already becoming scarce the last few days.

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

It just occurred to me, this game was internally beta tested “professionally” by a small number of Greek interns recruited locally from around Athens.

Perhaps it is still being publicly beta tested by a small number of Greeks.

Perhaps the only invites for public beta testing have gone to Greeks so far?

From November 11 update:

“There are a lot of criteria, but it can be as simple as hardware, location, time zone etc.”

Location and time zone could be Greek, and the server hardware they are using for the public beta testing might still be in there offices in Athens.

That could possibly explain why there are no leaks, there’s only a very small number of Greek public beta testers atm.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Polarization

It just occurred to me, this game was internally beta tested “professionally” by a small number of Greek interns recruited locally from around Athens.
    Perhaps it is still being publicly beta tested by a small number of Greeks.
    Perhaps the only invites for public beta testing have gone to Greeks so far?
    From November 11 update:
    “There are a lot of criteria, but it can be as simple as hardware, location, time zone etc.”
    Location and time zone could be Greek, and the server hardware they are using for the public beta testing might still be in there offices in Athens.
    That could possibly explain why there are no leaks, there’s only a very small number of Greek public beta testers atm.

Unce upon a time  in Athens

Tasos : "We ve had people from Korea and Japan that played the game with no problems whatsoever and people from the west coast of US"

renders u post useless

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Unce upon a time  in Athens
    Tasos : "We ve had people from Korea and Japan that played the game with no problems whatsoever and people from the west coast of US"
    renders u post useless

I won't believe that man untill he convince me otherwise or gives me free pudding.

Maby he means people in their staff that had Korean/Japanese origins :P

*scroff scroff* Yea really funny, but I just don't take developers words for stuff anymore

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• sandboxysandboxy Member Posts: 153

All this silence from testers is really odd, I've never come across a game that didn't have any leaks. I'm guessing there's only a very small number of people who got in, that's really the only explanation I can think of. As for the claim that there is no beta at all, what would they gain from it? They're not selling any preorders and the game is supposed to come out in month or two. And even if there was no beta, they could easily fool everyone by releasing false leaks to the internet.

What bothers me even more is that Betaleaks site is down... I smell a worldwide conspiracy!

• imbantimbant Member Posts: 1,291

yea this really needed its own thread.

definitely hasnt been discussed over and over in the other threads on this forum.

will be nice once the game comes out when we can actually discuss the game instead of dealing with the trolls rehashing the same points over and over.

~~
    Darkfall Releases on: February 25th, 2009

Darkfall Recap of everything that has happened the last 3 months: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/213296

"The monsters are tough. I was looking for a challenge, but these things are just too damn smart." -DF Beta Tester

"If people were dismissing it, then they wouldn't be talking about it. The well-meaning gamers root for efforts that try to raise the bar. So who's left? It's so easy being a skeptic." -Tasos

Originally posted by imbant

definitely hasnt been discussed over and over in the other threads on this forum.
    will be nice once the game comes out when we can actually discuss the game instead of dealing with the trolls rehashing the same points over and over.

The reason that it keeps getting brought up is because things just aren't adding up and people are getting worried. Many of us are sick and tired of broken promises and half-truths from companies. Developers need to realise that in this day and age, whatever you say is going to ripped apart, over-analysed and regurgitated across forums all over the world.

Tasos should have known better than to tell everyone that a Beta was in progress and was sending out emails because clearly we have seen no proof whatsoever to this effect other than his word. I'm not even talking Beta leaks here, I'm talking about the usual 'OMG I'M IN BETA!' posts.

Vaporware maybe not. Unfinished game that is probably another year from release? Looking increasingly likely...

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by imbant

Here lies the main difference between me and the "fanbois". Im skeptical, very much so, however I will not deny the possibility however small it maybe that they might just deliver. Where as you and your camp cannot seem to fathom that theres a distinct possibility that the game maynot live up to the promises theyve set.

As Ive said 1000 times, Id love for them to release the game feature complete, Id play it in heart beat, however their shadiness makes me cringe. Id hate to be a patsy, and since they have no experience in making MMOs whatsoever, Im not inclined to be a Darkfall patsy.

This discussion has been closed.