Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes in DC Online

I was reading a gamer magazine and it was talking about classes for DC Online with names for them like Acrobat, Dreadnaught, Brute etc.   I couldn't write them all down, did anyone else read that article or hear about the classes for the game?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

what magazine was it?

this is what Ive seen

www.comicbookresources.com/

Could you explain the idea of power themes as opposed to classes?

We will have a wide variety of powers to choose from. Players will gain power as they level, and leveling occurs as players complete the game content. But we wrap this and tweak them in metaphors that make sense for these characters. In the DCU, heroes and villains become more experienced by training, discovering new powers, and practicing with the ones they already know.

www.1up.com/do/previewPage

Body classes range from "scout" (a slim, Robin-type male) and "sprite" (a similarly slight female) to "brick wall" (a solid slab of muscle) or the more exotic "freaker" (a gangly Joker-type).

Players can then choose a powerset (electrical, light, ice, etc.), a power source (eyes, hands, weapon, power ring), and movement enhancement (flight, speed, etc.) A player can have four active and four reactive powers available at once; active skills are activated with the attack buttons, while reactive abilities are automatically engaged and range from autoblocking and autoevasion to various buffs and supports.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

the more exotic "freaker" (a gangly Joker-type)?

Damn it ,  that is speaking right to me.  SOE is trying to pull me in.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan