Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one...

RaikulRaikul Member Posts: 38

That liked the Wilderness removal, Grand Exchange updates? RuneScape was full of scammers trading items for way more than what they're worth, and since the Grand Exchange came in prices began to regulate. Almost every major MMORPG has some sort of Auction like system, why should RuneScape be any different?

The Wilderness could have been kept, but the recent addition of PVP Worlds makes up for it imo. The level limits and stuff make it way more balanced than the Wilderness ever was.

Opinions?

Comments

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

I'm kinda 70-30 with you on that. I'm glad there's a place in game now where you can sell or buy next to everything you need, and now I can explore the wilderness without fear of being PKed. The bad part is now the handbook that I bought is totally inacurate, and people that post on these forums complain about the updates.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

• atlach-nachaatlach-nacha Member CommonPosts: 5

I'm not very pk-tye, so I liked when wilderness pk activity was removed, and when trade limit removed nearly all bots from the game.

I saw one thing whit pk removal complainers, they said RWT is still in game, when they had managedto do it whit their firends. Jagex said it was RWT-Companies and their member bots wich caused money proplems to jagex. So players trading whit other players, isn't includet in this.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Scammers, bots, etc....were personal problems. People had the choice whether to avoid them or not. The removal of the wilderness was an all people's catastrophe. You had no choice about it.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by Raikul

That liked the Wilderness removal, Grand Exchange updates? RuneScape was full of scammers trading items for way more than what they're worth, and since the Grand Exchange came in prices began to regulate. Almost every major MMORPG has some sort of Auction like system, why should RuneScape be any different?

The Wilderness could have been kept, but the recent addition of PVP Worlds makes up for it imo. The level limits and stuff make it way more balanced than the Wilderness ever was.

Opinions?

Runescape had a real community back in the day, now all it has is brainless kids sucking on their thumbs.

Items are worth the value people give them so to say the grand exchange made them worth what they really were is inaccurate and dishonest. Those games with those auction systems that your talking about have free trade and they get to decide the prices they set for their items. The recent addition to pvp AKA pvp worlds are worse then Bounty hunter and are so flawed there is no point in even playing them. The removal of the wilderness, free trade, and free staking in the duel arena destroyed the very fabric of the game.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Raikul

Opinions?

"Thing is, Fagex wouldn't have had to put in grand exchange and trade limits if they wouldn't have put limits on so many other things. Jagex let me tell you something: When you make something more troublesome (or discontinue!!!) something altogether then the prices of anything associated with that will go UP. That's a basic fact of life.

I remember when those black hole disks that were once used to get out of the space where the banned players were held were discontinued (along with the banned zone, which was actually just a black space with no walls or anything). Those things became the highest priced items in Runescape history. Most sold for billions or atleast hundreds of millions. Then later down the line Runescape 2 came out, but a few months before that Jagex put in limits on everything including the inventory limit which wont let you keep doing stuff after your inventory is full. Prices rose and later that item was knocked off its perch and long forgotten."

That's a quote I made in another thread. Sure some people scammed and tried to sell items for more than their worth, but you're honestly stupid if you fall for it in the first place. Whenever I try to buy something for the first time I try to do a bit of research. Other games enable you to do that by having auction systems AND free trade which enables you to look around and see if the players in the street are giving you a fair deal. Or you could have easily look at sites like tip.it among other player sites that give you price guides and many other things.

I laugh because scams are easily avoidable and I laugh at whoever falls for the big ones. Like when members first got introduced and they cameback on the free servers with the black gowns and shirts and lied about them being a dark wizard outfit only available to members and sold each piece for about 2-25k. When in actually they were just the black gowns you get from the clothing store for like 5 gp lol. That was pretty damn funny. Even I bought a few for 2k from members and sold em for 25k even though I didn't know if it was true or not, I just could smell "SCAM!!!".

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

I completely agree with everything you said. The community has pretty much gone to shit and its all Jagex's fault. It's not only the immature kids that bother me but the wanna-be mods who and people who are defending Jagex and thereby contributing to the restrictions and lack of freedom in the game as well as on fan sites. Fan site are overun by administrators similar to the incompetent Jagex and player mods in the game. Its very dissappointing. The community used to be somewhat decent even if there was scamming and cheating, in my opinion its just gotten worse.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by Matt269

I completely agree with everything you said. The community has pretty much gone to shit and its all Jagex's fault. It's not only the immature kids that bother me but the wanna-be mods who and people who are defending Jagex and thereby contributing to the restrictions and lack of freedom in the game as well as on fan sites. Fan site are overun by administrators similar to the incompetent Jagex and player mods in the game. Its very dissappointing. The community used to be somewhat decent even if there was scamming and cheating, in my opinion its just gotten worse.

Everything bad that has happened to runescape is a result of jagex’s poor business decisions, and every single problem that they have faced was easily avoidable and still is easily fixable.