Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why i dont like Jumpgate

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i relly hate then a game company make a second game based on old one (EQ and EQ2)
the fact that a game company make a new game whit better graphics(game play) instead updating the old product(jumpgate) in my eyes they seek only money
and treat jumpgate customers like a second class of customers

"is like we got the resources we got the knowledge to make better content but is not for you will be a new game"

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• LukeionLukeion Member Posts: 41

JGC and JGE is two completly diffrent games, so is EQ1 and EQ2...if you wanna cry about sequels, then activision is the biggest culprit evah! (6-7 cod's, 5-7 guitar heroes....just to name a few, lol)

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94

Of course they want to make money; they're a business like any other. I fail to see how a desire to earn an income to do the thing you love means that anyone that plays the game (or its predecessor) is a "second class of customer[s]".

NetDevil have turned around and looked at Jumpgate Classic and asked themselves "Okay, what are all the things we did right, what did we do wrong and what can we do to make an even cooler MMO space-sim this time around?" I'm well aware there are a dedicated hardcore group of die-hards that disagree with the way JGE is growing and would just prefer JGC version 2. It isn't going to happen. I love JGC, I still play it. Equally, I'm looking forward to JGE. However, I'm going to reserve judgement of the game until beta - something I wish more people would do before posting endless doomsaying threads poo-pooing the game mechanics/PvP system/insert topic of choice here.

• darianledarianle Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by cosy

better graphics(game play)

good graphic will only make a game "good" for about 3 weeks, then the freshness of the game disappear and all that is left is a hollow shell of a game.

Example:  TR, WHO, AoC

p.s i can barely understand what you are writing, but i thought this was important.

• TaljinnTaljinn Member Posts: 81

The point your missing is, Jumpgate Classic was a great game.  To not make a sequel using the latest technology would be a sin.   They are creating a game for those who enjoy Sci-Fi, people who would rather fight in a dynamic galaxy where skill is more important than level. 

Jumpgate isn't just a game, it's a visionary glimpse into the future of gaming.

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498

i relly hate then a game company make a second game based on old one (EQ and EQ2)

the fact that a game company make a new game whit better graphics(game play) instead updating the old product(jumpgate) in my eyes they seek only money

"is like we got the resources we got the knowledge to make better content but is not for you will be a new game"

I think that is a pretty stupid sentiment.  Should there have never been an Empire Strikes BAck?  Sequals, whether totally new continuations or remakes, are good when done right and bad when done poorly just like original titles are.  Also, like the otjher guy said - go to communist China if you have a problem with companies seeking profit, that is what they exist to do.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

The game is different.  Yes there are ships and yes they will keep the same factions in place but the gameplay is different, universe different, AI, ships....so its not an upgrade because they are redesigning everything from scratch or close to.  As it has very little to do with the original what do you think they should do?  Replace the original outright so all the players in that game wake up to a new game with all their characters wiped? Or just give it away for free?  Come on, stop being so unfair and be thankful they are working on a game that should bring something special to the market.  

Its a different game full stop so can we stop seeing these type of threads popping up about how they are ripping us off because its just a stupid argument.

• SplatzorSplatzor Member UncommonPosts: 92

Do you remember what happened to SWG? They should have done this to that game, you know make a SWG2 and not change the game to a totally different game and have people crying about it. I think they are doing the right thing by making this a totally different game.

• BabylonComeBabylonCome Member Posts: 7

I personally can't wait to play this one.... I didn't like EVE cos of it's point and click movement and the horrible combat system but I was a massive fan of Freelancer and love the arcade feel flying in that.

Bring on the open beta I say...

Live long... In peace...

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Lukeion

JGC and JGE is two completly diffrent games, so is EQ1 and EQ2...if you wanna cry about sequels, then activision is the biggest culprit evah! (6-7 cod's, 5-7 guitar heroes....just to name a few, lol)

Oh my god, I was saying to myself one day that I pity anyone who buys more than 2 Call of Duty's. Incredible lack of talent in that group.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Humm a game company out to make money! Those bastards they killed kenny! FYI yes i play EQ2 (not eq1) I enjoy it. I find it alot different then EQ1 so I find it hard to undrstand your gripe

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

How can anyone take a guy serious that has "in virtual worlds players should be able to kill children''s, f*ck the nanny and r*pe the granny" in his signature?

Honestly.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

How can anyone take a guy serious that has "in virtual worlds players should be able to kill children''s, f*ck the nanny and r*pe the granny" in his signature?
    Honestly.

Didnt see that. Very good point!

• slapstik89slapstik89 Member Posts: 19

Personally think it's time for JG to revamped, improved and modified for a whole new world of gamers. Hmmm, think of it as a game evolving...oh wait Jumpgate Evolution is the title. My bad...sorry i was going to have a point but i got sidetracked and completely forgot what i watned to say. I'll probably remember in about 5 or so posts time. ( I do however sort of agree with the comment referring to the rediculous number of guitar hero games...yeesh.)

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

"Do you remember what happened to SWG? They should have done this to that game, you know make a SWG2 and not change the game to a totally different game and have people crying about it. I think they are doing the right thing by making this a totally different game."-splatzor

Exactly! They desperatly needed to just make SWG2 instead of make SWG a gost town game.

We will not have this problem in JGE they even comitted to makeing the game fun before releaseing it which is unheard of in the gameing world. For the most part companies just push crap out the door and expect us to eat it.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

Well that's true for games like Neverwinter nights, where NEverwinter Nights 2 came out like ONE YEAR after the first game came out, making your 1 year old game obsolete.

But the original Jumpgate came out before some of you were born.

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

I have been watching JGE for sometime and sequels are always welcomed and people will pay for them gladly as long as the developers address weaknesses from the first game and improve the overall experience. You do have to remember that people still play Jumpgate 8+ yrs later. They must have done something right... they have discussed this in length in their forums that the graphic enhancements alone they would have had to do a total rewrite of the code.

This could be an EVE killer especially if they lowball EVE subscription rate and pull all the people away. i would say only other threats to JGE would be STO when it comes out and Black Prophecy and Infinity. can't wait to try them all and talk about them on my website.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• ferndipferndip Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Nerf09

Well that's true for games like Neverwinter nights, where NEverwinter Nights 2 came out like ONE YEAR after the first game came out, making your 1 year old game obsolete.

But the original Jumpgate came out before some of you were born.

ummm, yeah, about that.......  Neverwinter Nights came out in 2002  Neverwinter nights 2 came out in 2006.  Is that like half a dog year maybe? 

Never mind the fact that most people have never even heard of or played any Wing Commander or Freespace games :)

People expect years of hard work to be free ... ?  NetDevil deserves another release in JGE and I think JG was there only game release as far as I know. So they are due something and JGE will be a nice addition to a stale area of space MMO's.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

Wow. As others alluded to. Accusing NetDevil of doing a cynical, surface-deep repackage is pretty weak compared to all the real and valid examples of such behaviour.

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

We need this game.

I can't even believe this thread exsists!

Right now there is really only EVE and JGE and other space MMOs being released will be a nice jumpstart to this gender.

• impulsebooksimpulsebooks Member Posts: 561

I agree with Solnicaris. The sci-fi genre needs Jumpgate Evo or something like it very badly.

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment
    Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
    http://www.damnedsouls.eu

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

this game looks ok the only problem i have with it is its by codemasters  i had a problem with them billing me after i cancellled lord of the rings online last summer .  out of principle i d never play another game by them i just dont trust them anymore .

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

The point is that the OP is somewhat right... because this isnt a stand alone game like touch and go.. is more like a living world lol... and u should keep going and going and going...  adding stuff and making the virtual world better and bigger...

but at certain level in development.. u have so many ideas and such... that implementing thsoe things will requiere a whole new game... because u cant add those lots of changes because technical or other limits.

by the way, i can count 12 need for speeds....

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

God forbid a company try to make money.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.