Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% monster info?

nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

what do you get if you have completed acquiring all the info for a particular monster? i was just wondering cos i saw that monster info is on a percent system..

Comments

• oldboneoldbone Wizard101 CorrespondentMember Posts: 41

I was in a town the other day and one of those "wandering" npcs mentioned some reward when you have the book completed...

dunno how long that'll take!  (nor do I know what the reward is)

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• piithpiith Member Posts: 95

Dang . . so I would prolly need to hang out longer in the starting area, before going to a forest.

Good thing a player can share info.

only thing I do not understand tho, if I have all the info on a monster, how come I can not send/share the item info as well ?

I only shared once so far, but noticed all I could send was location, and I had item info completed.

fergot to add:

I noticed, for each monster complete with item, is  0.2 %, so I guess to reach 100% you'll need 500 completed monsters, because i have 4 completed, and It is at 0.8%

• shadow_51shadow_51 Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by nywlanas

what do you get if you have completed acquiring all the info for a particular monster? i was just wondering cos i saw that monster info is on a percent system..

I think that is just for fun =) otherwise through book you find who drops a specific item, maybe usefull maybe not :)

• kokoro-chinkokoro-chin Member Posts: 181

You know, I haven't tried sharing monster info or receiving monster info from others... I've always collected info manually, by fighting the monsters and all. You can't share the item info part? But, for me that's the most important info!! Well, maybe it's because of that reason that one has 'work' in getting that info...

I know by sharing info, you regain stamina,   I also found out there is a quest where you need to share info, to complete the quest. any time someone has shared info with me, I just get the monster, not  the location or items,

The time I shared, I had 3 completed monster info, but when I went to share, I noticed, that 2 only listed them as location, and one Item, and they already had that monster's info, so sent them the other one, not sure what he got never asked, did not think of asking either.

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

as for sharing monster info, there's pandora at athens (i'm not sure if it's her) with a quest that requires that. as reward for the quest, 'monster expert' will be inserted as a title before your name.

as for the npc who buys complete info books, what does he give as a reward?

I started another character, just so I can get the monster info from the starting/tutorial  area. after i got out of there,  I started on the Sky spirits, after 2 hours  had to log, still not even a location. 

worse luck there I ever had just trying to gather monster info. I leveled 5 times while my mercs leveled  7, I was holding back from leveling, but not the mercs.

If any one knows of any tricks to gathering monster info (not sharing) , Then do tell

okay this is what I  discovered about sharing.

you can share what they do not have, so when you share monster info, and you see "basic info", that pretty much means they do not have any info on that monster,  If you see "location info" that shows that they have basic and you can send them location, and  if you see "item info" that means they have basic and location already and need Item.

If you have a complete info, and see that that monster is not listed in the share, That means they already have that monsters info, and complete.

I learned that, you have to send them in that order, you can not share a complete list,  in other words, you have to send each, starting with Basic to Item. That takes a long while to do, because sharing info takes 94% 'will' and you have to wait till your "will" builds back up.

I think it is  great that, if they have the info already, you would know, since you can only send what they do not have ( from your share list, only list what they do not have), so your not ending up sending them info they already have.

opps forgot to include:

when I complete all the info, I read in notes that when you have  Complete monster info, you get extra bonuses (not exact words, but same meaning), not sure , but I think that is why I start getting 3X a lot in my looting, so I am guessing that bonus is getting extra loot

• dt1984dt1984 Member Posts: 218

From what i know and what i have experienced so far, completing a monster's infor(three of them that is) makes you able to loot an extra of the item you get from that moster every kill. For example is the lionman in cretan labyrinth. i have completed the info on young lionman, and i have killed one. then i loot the corpse and it would say "3 (+1) Ashen Crystal Item(s)" the (=1) there is because i have completed the monster info on that specific monster. ^-^

Hope this one answers you're question.

• BelsamethBelsameth Member Posts: 193

Monster info has free stages. basic info, Location info and Item info. Each stage has to be shared individually.

Basic info gives you a combat bonus.

Location info can be handy.

Item info gives you 1 extra item when you loot

(so if you would've found 2x Ashen Crystal without monster info, you'll now find 3 instead)

Sharing info (and most other Will related stuff) has a Will cost which is ddependent on level. The higher your level, the less Will you use. Now it might be 97% but at level 43 it dropped to 59%. The drop is aprox. a percent per level.

• wrathshieldwrathshield Member UncommonPosts: 39

Sharing information:

• more loot
    • stamina +1 up to +5 stamina
    • lowers monster defense and increases your damage against them

I share all the time, any and everything I can with others (mainly my online friends and guildmates but also anyone that teaches me a craft level)

• kokoro-chinkokoro-chin Member Posts: 181

Hm... So, you can only share 1 info at a time, not all three, and it would take some time before you can share another since it requires a lot of will. Also, your 'reward' for sharing, it's 1 stamina point, correct? Hmm... Okay. I am also curious how one can obtain monster info faster (not sharing). I mean, is there like a specific number of monsters you should kill before you can obtain it's, for example, basic info, then location, etc?

• seydorseydor Member Posts: 1

Correction there are 4 infos per monster.

1. Basic information = Gives you a 10% bonus to damage.

2. Item information = Gives you an extra item

3. Location information = Allows you to auto move to monster

4. Origin information = Gives you 10% increase to experience

I have received the item before the location and location before item before.  You are allowed to send all of them but only one at a time.  In order to send the origin information you have to be right next to the person you are trying to give it to and are only allowed to share 2 origins a day.  As for getting them yourself faster I have heard that killing bonus monsters of the name helps with your chances but im not 100% positive of that one.

All that being said the only difference I have noticed between a monster with 3/4 and a monster with 4/4 is the color of their name.   Nothing on their page itself appears to change but their name changes from white to a golden color.

• CronixCinemaCronixCinema Member Posts: 2

Seydor, i posted on another thread but seems how everyones been inactive on these threads except you that i've seen for the last 7 months now.  I have a question

It won't let me play the game, i downloaded it made an acc but when i press play it gives me a nexon pop up and says instillation failed try again.

i've tried over 9000times now.

have any idea what's going on?