Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my opinion on Mabinogi

Pros:

1. Not just a grind game, more quests(with storyline) and part time jobs that give exp.
  2. More skills such as cooking, mining/smithing, and music playing/composing, and many more.
  3. Lots of dungeons and you get to go inside the dungeon alone or with your party so you aren't bumbarded by other players.
  4. It is definaly is a fantasy life game
  5. Lots of different clothes

Cons:

1. Gold is hard to come by.
  2. You die easier than most games
  3. Running dungeons over and over is the basically the only way to lvl up as ur lvl gets up
  4. Buyers of NX cash have much better advantages over free players
  5. No PvP (I believe, I haven't found a PvP mode or arena)

My Personal Opinion:

This game is the best  game I've played in a long time. The graffics are pretty good and the gameplay is also pretty good. I would recommed this game for anyone who is willing to give it a shot. 

Comments

• RZetlinRZetlin Member UncommonPosts: 134

There is an arena.

Talk to Ranald to buy arena coins.

Drop the coins at the Alby lobby.

• I completely forgot about the arena. But I have never really look into it much so I wouldnt really didnt know much of it. (still kinda a noob)

• MekuchuMekuchu Member Posts: 2

Gold is hard to come by.

Later, when you find good ways to make cash, and you're willing to spend mroe than 30 minutes at once, it won't be very hard.

You die easier than most games.

This shows that it's an unforgiving game, that reuires some intellect , and isn't just a hack'n'slash.

Running dungeons over and over is the basically the only way to lvl up as ur lvl gets up .

That, and quests. Most games have 1 main form of levelling. There are party quests other wise known as Generation 1 and Generation 3 mainstream. (Genration 1 is free ATM)

Buyers of NX cash have much better advantages over free players.

Ok, I can't deny this is true, but why would you care? It's your choice to buy or not. It's like 2 different gameplays, unless you're level 20 and you try fighting a total level 400 in PvP, well.... You're kinda dumb. O3o

No PvP (I believe, I haven't found a PvP mode or arena)

Arena in Alby dungeon. xD

• TrucidationTrucidation Member Posts: 86

Saw some interesting pics, might give it a go. It's by Nexon though; I haven't exactly heard too many good things about them. Shrug. Could be mistaken.

Originally posted by Mekuchu
    Gold is hard to come by.
    Later, when you find good ways to make cash, and you're willing to spend mroe than 30 minutes at once, it won't be very hard.

I'm used to grindfests; if a little leveling is all it takes to accumulate some loot this shouldn't be a problem.

You die easier than most games.
    This shows that it's an unforgiving game, that reuires some intellect , and isn't just a hack'n'slash.

...or it could be horribly unbalanced. It's very hard to make a call on this kind of thing especially given that the poster didn't elaborate. It could be a combination of many factors and not just the poster's skill (or lack of it). Do you get too much agro? Are potions on a cooldown timer? Are there damage caps based on level differences? Etc. This is the kind of thing prospective players would like to know... instead of newbies saying "omfg it's hard" and oldbies saying "wtf it's easy". Please EXPLAIN.

Running dungeons over and over is the basically the only way to lvl up as ur lvl gets up .
    That, and quests. Most games have 1 main form of levelling. There are party quests other wise known as Generation 1 and Generation 3 mainstream. (Genration 1 is free ATM)

I'm kind of resigned to grinding in most of these kinds of games, but a little more detail here would be helpful. 

Buyers of NX cash have much better advantages over free players.
    Ok, I can't deny this is true, but why would you care? It's your choice to buy or not. It's like 2 different gameplays, unless you're level 20 and you try fighting a total level 400 in PvP, well.... You're kinda dumb. O3o

Shall we stop with the stupid, pointless "it's your choice, duh" kind of non-answers? What we need to know is whether the item mall stuff is inherently unbalancing, or are they just nice touches that you can - with a little effort - live without.

There's a difference between a game which has a cash shop selling upgrade scrolls that help add up to maybe +20% of your total offense, compared to a game which flat out sells items that are twice as strong as the free counterparts, or has large areas only accessible to premium players.

OF COURSE it's up to you whether you want to pay or not... that isn't the point to the question. He's asking whether the advantages are fair or not. It would also be helpful to know whether item mall items can be traded to other players.

Arena in Alby dungeon. xD

No mindless ganking eh? Great.

Arenas are fine, but is it like a free-for-all thing, or are there level divisions like in Atlantica Online, or what? Tournament-style arenas would be great, game devs seriously ought to pay more attention to making PvP more fair, varied, and fun.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• CydmabCydmab Member Posts: 35

Hmm, the game is partly skill (and lag) based. A good way to describe it is when you first enter a new dungeon, you will probally die horribly and often. With some practice, thought, and strategy, you will eventually die occassionally. With more practice, the dungeon will become a cakewalk. Levels and cash shop options will slide the learning curve over so the die all the time period becomes shorter, and dungeons will become trivial sooner. This is why noobies sometimes feel its too hard, and oldies find big chunks of the game trivial. Levels and cash provide a handicap. However, with enough practice, one can eventually master virtually all content with a free character (if built correctly) without ever spending a dime.

The cash options roughly fall into a few categories:

1. Items you can trade with other players; I almost never buy these, but you could if you really don't care about spending real money.

2. Subscriptions to make trading easier or soften the relatively harsh death penalty. If you don't mind a challenge and slower money making, you don't need these. The subscriptions also give access to some special quests and powers.

3. rebirths, which are a form of buying levels. Levels become harder and harder to obtain, but you can pay 8$ to reset your current level back to 1, making it easy again to increase your overall level (which determines how many skill points you have). You don't have to ever do this, since most dungeons can be handled by a no-rebirth character with enough practice. Furthermore, even if you do decide to rebirth, you can either do it often (every 3 weeks is the most) or pace yourself over longer time horizons. Basically, if you want to keep advancing your character, you can decide to rebirth when the grind becomes unbearable. I like to rebirth occassionally (every 6 weeks) to try out different skills.

4. Pets. These are the closest to being mandatory/overpowered (having one or two is immensely helpful), but they are one time costs. If you do decide to play the game alot, it's hard to resist paying about 10$ for a horse and 3$ for a dog.

• It seems people have some questions, saying that that was a vague list of pros and cons. This is a more in detail look into the pros and cons i posted, and this is more into the newer version (Pioneers of Iria).

Pros:

There are lots of quests. There are storyline quests (for G1-G3. Pioneers of Iria is basically G4-G6 which have no storyline but introduces new races, elves and giants, which have transformations of falcon and savage beast).  There are also the normal kill things quests, which give you high amounts of experience, but some are harder than you would think.

There are more skills than you should ever need in a game, which makes it more realistic. Yet even tho there are so many skills, its hard to get them up to a decent rank, this is because of AP (ability point) are very hard to get (1 per level up and 2 per age up, which is every week).

There are many dungeons, as i said before, but until you get to a certain level and rank of your ability, parties are usually used. Soloing is really rare except for extremely easy dungeons, such as Alby and Ciar-beginner.

There are so many different clothes and armour to chose from, which have no level requirement. This gives people varity and which give the characters more individuality. Dyes and the changing of colors of the armour per game day also gives people individuality.

Cons:

Gold is hard to get. The best way to get gold, and level up, is to do dungeon runs, which can take from 10-30 mins to complete. But doing dungeons gives you about an average of 3,000g on a good dungeon per run. There are also quests which have you get 10 former scrolls of a certain mob (former scrolls have a low drop rate). This can give good money if you have the time to try to get them.

This is something that I see people want me to elaberate on, and thats why do you die easier. I had to really think about when I saw somebody bring it up, but i came to a conclusion. Though people don't realize it, but many of the mobs you kill are not there level. Though you can kill easy, they still aren't your level and hit really hard. Also, you can get wounds, which can take down your max hp.

I lied with this one. The only way to really level up is to do dungeons or do quests. Thats it. This isn't much a a grinding game, unless you consider dungeon runs grinding. And quests in which you get good experience is ones where you have to kill certain things or just one thing.

I'm stickin to my word with this one. If you buy NX Cash, you have a huge advantage over thos who don't. One major thing that NX Cash buyers get is a horse. A horse allows you to move two times faster than normal walking. This is a big help for traveling, because it takes a few minutes to get from town to town. The contenant of Iria fixed this by adding Mana Tunnels which allows you to travel between them. Another advantage is pets. NX Cash buyer can get pets which can attack and enemy, which helps a ton, and can heal you. I would also like to point out that if you were to put any money into this game, all you need is about $15. that gets you a horse and a pet.

There is now PvP. Before it was just Paladins and Dark Knights could PvP each other. These transformations take a really long time to get and are really hard to get. But now, with the two new races, there is a new PvP. Elves vs. Giants is a new PvP that is much larger, saying that the elf and giant population is growing at a huge rate. Humans have a chance to join in, too. If a human swears allegence to the elves or giants, that human can fight against the opposing race and get a free card of that race.

This is a new con, i kinda brought it up with the skills, but AP is extremely hard to get. AP is used to rank up your skills so they can be more efficiant or, for combat skills, stronger. You get 1 per level up, which once you get to about level 20 is kinda hard to get them, and 2 per age up, which is once a week. Rebirth (A feature that allows you to reset your age and level without losing your current skills and ranks of thos skills and current AP. You can rebirth on a free card when you reach age 20 or buy a new card) can be used to set back to level one and get more AP, but thats only when you reach age 20, or want to buy a new card.

I hope this helped the people that were confused on my lack of info, and i hope people try it. If there is anything else that you woud like to know, reply to this and i wil try to answer. Thank You.

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by lilriot121

Pros:

Not just a grind game, more quests(with storyline) and part time jobs that give exp.
    More skills such as cooking, mining/smithing, and music playing/composing, and many more.
    Lots of dungeons and you get to go inside the dungeon alone or with your party so you aren't bumbarded by other players.
    It is definaly is a fantasy life game
    Lots of different clothes

Cons:

Gold is hard to come by.
    You die easier than most games
    Running dungeons over and over is the basically the only way to lvl up as ur lvl gets up
    Buyers of NX cash have much better advantages over free players

My Personal Opinion:
    This game is the best  game I've played in a long time. The graffics are pretty good and the gameplay is also pretty good. I would recommed this game for anyone who is willing to give it a shot. 

1st thing I want to shoot off, I never played this game.  However, I can understand this game isn't for me.  The reason is I saw the screenshot and video, I don't like the graphic.  2nd is the quest system gives exp which I dont like it. 3rd and lastly, micro sucks balls and isnt fair to everyone.  Other thing u mention is ok.

Kain_Dale

• Originally posted by Kain_Dale

1st thing I want to shoot off, I never played this game.  However, I can understand this game isn't for me.  The reason is I saw the screenshot and video, I don't like the graphic.  2nd is the quest system gives exp which I dont like it. 3rd and lastly, micro sucks balls and isnt fair to everyone.  Other thing u mention is ok.

If you read my other post, it gives a better outlook of the game, just in case you want to change your mind.