Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your thoughts on the new Jedi quest system?

Heres a link in case you havent seen it yet

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/31/news_6106197.html

I think its a great idea and it should of been like this since day 1

Im going to Rock out with my cock out, Im going to hang out with my wang out!

Comments

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949
    These  quest, can they be done solo or do  you have to be grouped?

• elwayfan2kelwayfan2k Member Posts: 5
    From what ive heard itd be nearly impossible to do some of the quests by your self.

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

That article is nothing but PR for Sony. The so-called quests are like this... ever done a mission from a mission terminal ? Same dumb thing, go somewhere and kill something return ignore the text click next mission, etc.

By the way, its not some long series of quests like in a rpg. Its nothing more than 8 missions you can do in an hour to start the xp grind. SOE basically took the hologrind away and replaced with 8 missions per skill and hundreds of millions of xp needed. Plus they put in an artificial timer that means 1.) you have to wait in line to even get into the village (some might be waiting for a month) 2.) the village phases into different modes meaning if you didnt finish grinding 20 million xp in that 3 week shift, you have to wait 15 more weeks before it comes back around.

Its nothing but a cheaply disguised ploy to keep you playing and paying. No quest here, nothing to see move on please.

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Originally posted by elwayfan2k
    From what ive heard itd be nearly impossible to do some of the quests by your self.

Naw, I played it on test center until my account expired. The last mission for one npc got a little tough but stil was able to solo it. After the 8 missions were done, I was looking at millions and millions of xp to grind. The only diff here from hologrind is I would be able to grind my chose profession instead of doing some other prof. No real changes, just more grinding.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Originally posted by admriker444
    No quest here, nothing to see move on please.

I was so hoping you had.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

SOE got it right for once!!!

Really.....the ability to solo jedi quests are a good idea. After all how many people have friends in this game after all it's bloody solo grouping experiences to be able consider getting 5 or 6 people together to do hard quests!

Pan

Pan

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

It's craptastic... terrible, an absolute joke.  I can't believe I wasted my money re-subscribing, this patch just absolutely ruined things.  I'll tell you why it's bad:

1) People close to having hologrinded Jedi got free unlocks, dozens of people who had hologrinded have become Jedi's on each server in the last few days, many more will be once they get the exp, and dozens more are just 3 weeks away.

2) You can only do 1 quest per phase, and you need 6 phases, meaning unless you hologrinded it will be a minimum of 18 weeks before you can become jedi + the exp each tree requires. 

3) You don't get to chose which skill you get, only limited skills are available in each phase so that means that if no skill you want is in this phase you can't do anything about it other than wait.. if there are 2 skills you want in the same phase you have to wait the 18 weeks for the village to cycle all the way around to get that skill.

4) The loot rewards are totally imbalanced.. for combat in this phase the reward is a banner.. yes, a banner.. WOW!  In other phases the reward's are things like permanent weapon powerups, unlimited mind buffing items, and unlimited health buffing items.  If you were able to do the medic quest this phase you got a +5 combat medic experience necklace, and a plant you get to take care of that grows some kind of super buffing fruit... just a bit better than a banner.

I know some Jedi's are going to come on here saying it's alot better than grinding out the 28 or whatever professions some of them have since the total xp now "only" amounts to 18 professions.. Well, does that mean that someone newer to the game, or that didn't hologrind should be put off 18 weeks while you go soloing the nightsister caves endlessly collecting 100's of millions of credits in loot every few days?  Yeah.. that's fair.. huge jedi nerf must be otw from SoE or they may as well just shut the game down since everyone will cancel.. something tells me the Force Run nerf will just be the beginning.

Why is it that everyone wants something for nothing? You say it isn't fair because you're new and didn't get to hologrind. I say why should you get something that someone else had to play for over a year and grind out tons of professions, just because you were too cheap or lacked the foresight to start playing sooner. I'm not a jedi I never will be a jedi, but it just kills me when people bitch because they've been playing a week and aren't a jedi yet, when I've been playing a year and I'm not a jedi.

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225
    Try actually reading the post.. btw, I was in the beta, and I've probably been in the game longer than you, I did stop playing for awhile, and came back... I didn't say people should be handed jedi, all I did was constructively critisize the new system they implemented.  The old system was pathetic, and this new system is very close to being as bad.  I also am not trying to be a jedi, but I would like some force sensitive skills to augment my current char.  Maybe when your char grows up and you get to the Village of Aurilia you will understand how boring the quests are, and how annoying it is to know that there is a time limit based on when you can do anything constructive for your character that you can do nothing to change.  I don't understand why you're ranting when you clearly know nothing about it.  Your post said absolutely nothing constructive.  Nothing more than a bitch and moan.  You'll have greater success if you bring relevant information to the table.. Rather than a "why should you be uber?" rant... because my post said nothing of the sort.  I believe Jedi should be extremely difficult to get, hell they should have never even been in the game, but that ship has sailed, and it's all damage control now.
  • MonkertrolMonkertrol Member Posts: 1

i really dont like it, seems to me they took something that was already excessivly easy, and made it even easier, getting to a jedi should take lik eten years of gameplay imo i mean there arent even supposed tob e jedi in the timefram

Originally posted by jd269
    I Well, does that mean that someone newer to the game, or that didn't hologrind should be put off 18 weeks while you go soloing the nightsister caves endlessly collecting 100's of millions of credits in loot every few days? Yeah.. that's fair

I guess I should have quoted. This is the part I was ranting about, and yes that is what it means and yes it is fair.

As far as what I know and don't know: You have no clue, I haven't given you anything to base my knowledge level off.

I think you're full of crap about being in beta, but that's neither here nor there, so let's forget about beta since it isn't live. That being the case I have been playing live longer than you since I haven't taken a break.

As far as me "bitching and moaning" well you know what they say about pots and kettles (especially since my "bitch and moan" post was 1/3 the size of yours).

P.S. There was nothing "constructive" about your post. Constructive would be telling someone what is bad/wrong why it is bad/wrong and then offering suggestions on how to fix it. I see no suggestions. It's a lot easier to critisize someone else's ideas then to come up with your own isn't it?

• conanownsconanowns Member Posts: 114
    SWG.......sucks my butt!image

• KayZircon82KayZircon82 Member Posts: 22

Hasn't SWG been in beta for like years now? Or does it just seem that way? ::::31::

• QuantumArtQuantumArt Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Monkertrol

i really dont like it, seems to me they took something that was already excessivly easy, and made it even easier, getting to a jedi should take lik eten years of gameplay imo i mean there arent even supposed tob e jedi in the timefram

If they were smart, they would have left them out altogether and kept them as very difficult NPCs to hunt. They should have spent more time focusing on combat balance and the GCW. Getting players to interact is the way to make a long term super game, not an insane grind.

QuantumArtist

Check out my site with computers built specifically for MMORPG players!

www.RPGpc.com

If you purchase via phone, please be sure to tell them you're from RPGpc.COM!

QuantumArtist

• Status_QuoStatus_Quo Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by admriker444

1.) you have to wait in line to even get into the village (some might be waiting for a month)

I'm not sure if that is accurate. I've been playing for almost two months. Mastered one prof. Did 3 TP's. All the jedi related POI's and 2 parts of the Hero of Tat quest and I am at the village. I thought I would be waiting months to get in but it's not so. The xp conversion rate is retarded. Anyway, I was glowing after I did the Jabba TP and 2 days later I saw the old man and fought the sith and in the village.

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

i am in the village finished whips got my boxes credited accordingly did tons of reading and played on test center

the conversion rate for combat ex is 30 to 1 once you unlock a box it does cost skill points so understand what you want to give up for the skills

Paemos is sometimes working sometimes very bugged as of last night wasn't albe to convert exp take care of unlocked boxes till after server reset paemos was working ok

nolden who gives skills wasn't responding last night after server reset he worked

my data pad from force crystal hasn't updated after completed quests without it updating you cannot go on to next quests ( all known bugs in test center)

when get into combat powers skill tree it still costs skill points and apprentice points are required to master

i have since learned patches inspite of bugs are pushed out anway unless they are game breaking

the data pad not updating finsihed quests in village does not allow one to move on

now i am aware of the the phased  time restraints and what you can learn each phase

but updating journal data pad is still a huge issue

there are pages of folks not getting holo credits from paemos

on main fourms,

though no offical word from developers

the quests when working aren't too bad and there is acatul rewards when finishing them ( when they work and the waypoints acatuly spawn)

• Master_ShakeMaster_Shake Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by QuantumArt

Originally posted by Monkertrol

If they were smart, they would have left them out altogether and kept them as very difficult NPCs to hunt. They should have spent more time focusing on combat balance and the GCW. Getting players to interact is the way to make a long term super game, not an insane grind.

QuantumArtist

Check out my site with computers built specifically for MMORPG players!

www.RPGpc.com

If you purchase via phone, please be sure to tell them you're from RPGpc.COM!

like i said in a previous post... contrary to popular belief there is a jedi population in the "a new hope" time period. just because it wasn't in the movies doesn't mean it does not exsist. i don't know where everyone got this ideology that there should be no jedi anywhere in the star wars universe. maybe they made it up in their heads to justify their anti-jedi bashing in swg..

on another point in this thread. i agree that the new system is deffinetly lacking in the fun department, but at the same time i think they should also make it more difficult for the old man to appear, and make the village quests uber difficult as well. while on the village quests.. i also think the phase quests should be much longer than 8 missions. a good round number like oh 20 missions would sound right. but while making the quest harder.. they should also strive to try and make it more fun. meaning not driving around for an hour and a half looking at a radar screen to find a random sith shadow spawn. i mean they don't have to have clowns hopping around singing happy happy joy joy music, but maybe different kinds of missions other than "go to waypoint.. kill mobs.. return for new misssion". like rescue missions, base raiding missions like a miniture version of the warren, recon missions. you get point.

• Darkknight35Darkknight35 Member UncommonPosts: 126

i think the quest system is cool, but the EXP grind is a bit lame.

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177

Well, since we're posting opinions I'll post mine.

The new system is lame. It's not the grind thats killing me it's the questing system. When I play a MMORPG I expect to see some good storylines and decent atmosphere. The new jedi system doesn't offer that. I really feel that they could have done better if they weren't concentrating on that crummy expansion. 

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

In my opinion its just as silly and unimaginative as the holo grind was. It is easy to get FS now but the trade rate for xp is so hight that it requires endless grinding at 30 to 1 xp trade off.

Basically they could care less about the game or the fact that jedi grinding has ruined the rest of the game.

The only way to get SWG back on track is to remove player jedi OR hand pick them from a roster of outstanding players with a cap of around 20 jedi per server. 10 light and 10 Dark.

ROLEPLAYERS UNITE!!!!!

"we're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs....drink up me hearties yo ho"

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.