Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What WAR is lacking

Now before everyone gets out their Troll whackin sticks let me explain; I am not talking atout PvE, classes, RvR, OP'd. Really there's not anything in the game that I have complaints about (except BW's omg OP'd =P). What I am talking about is depth of customization for my character, specifically for chaos (which I play).

In Warhammer there are four chaos Gods: Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, and (apperently the one followed in WAR) Tzneetch. Now in the Warhammer tabletop each God can bestow a mark that can enhance your troops: Khorne (god of blood and war) can make you better in meele, Nurgle (god of desiese and pestilence) lets you take more damage, and etc. To me it seems that  the ability to follow a specific god (or follow them as a pantheon such as the undivided) in WAR would have been awesome. Not only would that appeal to the lore whores but it would give another dimension of customization- followers of each god have distinctive looks.

Even though I don't mind that I can't "follow" a god in WAR, it would be nice to at least look like I did. Gear-wise I think some place like Bastion Stair should drop gear that looks like something a champion of Khorne would have, or the plauged sewers underneath the inevitable city should drop Nurgle gear, and I guess if there's a sex shop Slaanesh gear would drop. However somehow all the gear becomes magcally Tzneetch. The closest I can come to looking like another chaos warrior is with armor dyes which is a little limited.

Is this a life altering thing? No, it doesn't affect the joy I have when I play the game. However I think it is something the devs should strongly consider when working on the expansion.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

Comments

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

That would be pretty cool...kinda limiting though since only one Realm would get to take advantage of a religious based customization.  I dont think the realms are equal on their godly lore.  Who knows maybe they'll add non stat based customization tattoos or something to show off which god Chaos people represent.  For the purpose of teh game tho they chose the right god to be honest atleast for the story.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278
    Originally posted by banthis

That would be pretty cool...kinda limiting though since only one Realm would get to take advantage of a religious based customization.  I dont think the realms are equal on their godly lore.  Who knows maybe they'll add non stat based customization tattoos or something to show off which god Chaos people represent.  For the purpose of teh game tho they chose the right god to be honest atleast for the story.

Religiously, yeah you're right not all factions hvae the same lore. But for example the Orcs have several different factions and that could represent their differences. The empire would seem to kind of be forced to follow Sigmar = / But yeah I like the idea of different tattoos, I just hope that wouldn't be available only at customization if they did it.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.